Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 58 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I don't think you can change the throttle temperature without bios modding which comes with it's own bricking risk. May be completely wrong there though.

Broken record I guess, but I was looking forward to Pascal not because I want one, but because I wanted to see what the new architecture would bring like in P100, instead we got Maxwell 2 16nmFF version.
    I guess they decided that true pascal was too good to the gamer plebs. The professional market pays 10x more so...

This post is a joke, if someone who play games (most of this forum I guess) read this and feel offended by the "pleb" term, that isn't the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I guess they decided that true pascal was too good to the gamer plebs. The professional market pays 10x more so...

This post is a joke, if someone who play games (most of this forum I guess) read this and feel offended by the "pleb" term, that isn't the intention.
    I think it's a fairly accurate representation of what nVidia thinks of it's consumers lately. As many will actually buy the FE, plenty of them actually are, even if you won't say it.

Why is this news to anyone? Reference coolers are legit junk, they have zero benefits over a well designed dual fan cooler. Some would argue they are better in a SFF system because of exhausting heat out the back, but this simply isnt true. Ill take a 2-5c increased system temp over an 80c+ throttling GPU any day.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    After watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDYnofz_JE I think I can wait for Ti version before I see a significant increase
    Someone literally just linked this maybe 10 posts before yours...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post

It's also about 100% accurate. As I was saying earlier, the Titan P will be the first 'actual' Pascal card, just to milk the people that can afford it.

Wait what? The 1080 Reference card (founders edition) has terrible thermals and doesn't OC well.

On a serious note: why in the fuck is this surprising to some of you. Also I don't give two fucks what Nvidia said at their press event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Wait what? The 1080 Reference card (founders edition) has terrible thermals and doesn't OC well.

On a serious note: why in the fuck is this surprising to some of you. Also I don't give two fucks what Nvidia said at their press event.
    None really. But other people, specifically those on YouTube channels who review hardware have lost some faith. But lots of people said it overclocks well, which it actually doesn't unless you crank up the fan speed to max. It doesn't run cool, cause if you wait 4+ minutes you'll see it not only reach 83C but also drop its clock speed down to 1600 Mhz. So reviews didn't even wait to properly warm up the card.

Also Founders Edition was confusing. Lots of misinformation, which even I was thinking, "maybe Nvidia did something right with Founders Editon". Nope, just the worst possible 1080 you could buy for $100 more. While being American and unaffected by the prices in other countries, but the high prices elsewhere don't reflect well on Nvidia.

I don't have high expectations for the 1070 from now on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    None really. But other people, specifically those on YouTube channels who review hardware have lost some faith. But lots of people said it overclocks well, which it actually doesn't unless you crank up the fan speed to max. It doesn't run cool, cause if you wait 4+ minutes you'll see it not only reach 83C but also drop its clock speed down to 1600 Mhz. So reviews didn't even wait to properly warm up the card.

Also Founders Edition was confusing. Lots of misinformation, which even I was thinking, "maybe Nvidia did something right with Founders Editon". Nope, just the worst possible 1080 you could buy for $100 more. While being American and unaffected by the prices in other countries, but the high prices elsewhere don't reflect well on Nvidia.

yeah a lot of reviews use "the chip" and "the card" interchangeably when talking about overclocking, which they really should be more careful with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Your opinion I suppose, but I never had any intention of buying a founder's edition card anyhow. Thus Zero fucks were given on recent reviews and most people's opinions. Since board partners are going to be releasing in the next month or so, I'll wait for more reviews on those cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    yeah a lot of reviews use "the chip" and "the card" interchangeably when talking about overclocking, which they really should be more careful with.
    Yea, the founder's edition card is not an overclocking card. Just Nvidia hyped it to be so they could get more day one sales, but to be honest only hardcore Nvidia fans are going to buying those or those who need a reference design for custom water cooled systems.

Aaah, the smell of "but you shouldn't have expected it to perform/cool properly" in the morning. Just like when everyone was saying "of course you're being spied on" when the NSA leaks came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Aaah, the smell of "but you shouldn't have expected it to perform/cool properly" in the morning. Just like when everyone was saying "of course you're being spied on" when the NSA leaks came out.
    ookkk......Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    ookkk......Point?
    I'm mostly just amused by the pretend wisemen who totes knew this up front and totes weren't too infatuated by the card to care. The sheer hypetrain that's been rolling around over the card lately has been ridiculous and way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm mostly just amused by the pretend wisemen who totes knew this up front and totes weren't too infatuated by the card to care. The sheer hypetrain that's been rolling around over the card lately has been ridiculous and way out of proportion.
    Again another opinion, but I was never under assumption the Founder's Edition aka. reference design was ever going to the great. Given previous reference designs performance.

AIB 1070 is going to OC very well

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    AIB 1070 is going to OC very well
    We'll see I suppose.

AIB fixes cooling/throttling

and the 1070 draws less power then 1080, but still has an 8-pin power

= profit

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    AIB fixes cooling/throttling

and the 1070 draws less power then 1080, but still has an 8-pin power

= profit
    The question is though, will AIB cards with better cooling be the regular price, FE price or more than the FE price?

Deleted
    The price here in the UK and probably the rest of Europe is astounding.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-co...force-gtx-1080

This site is already advertising the FE 1080 from different manufacturers, Asus has it for £650 = $943.09. I can only hope the AIB ones become alot cheaper but I doubt it.

Deleted
    Same in NL, Alternate has some models up for 830 euro. Another shop for 800 euro.

Ah well... High MSRB plus early adopter tax. They will probably go down a abit. But TBH, it ist way to high a price. I am also guessing, some custom models will sell for less, the higher end custom models will sell for the same or higher price as the FE.

This might also mean that the FE 1070 will probably start around 500 euro's...

Deleted
    I'm really annoyed by this "founders edition" which is total bs. In my country gtx 1080 cost more than average monthly income. I think I'm gonna pass on 1080 and get 980ti. It's ridiculous, why everything is so damn expensive.