Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    No you are not wrong, but you certainly seem to consider government a bad thing.

The EU is usually quite happy with self-regulation within a industry btw, if said industry takes it serious at least. Maybe food is considered to important to be self regulated though.
    I consider unnecessary government a bad thing. Of course the EU is happy, because the majority tends to get what they want, regardless of whether it's necessary, ignorant, or unfair to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, puhlease. Grow up. The entitlement that's bred into your nation is reaching ridiculous levels. So someone spilled hot coffee over your lap. Deal with it and move on. Fucking Christ, what are you a nation of big babies? Always out to exploit the shit out of everyone else, aren't you. And when you can't exploit the shit out of us, you start crying Foul! and stomp like a baby, calling us names...

Adults would be ashamed to act like that.
    ohh puhleeeeze get your pretentious bullshit out of my face. the woman was 79, got served coffee that wasn't "hot" but "scalding hot" and dropped it on herself resulting in numerous operations needing to be done. actually go look into the case you cited, away with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Sell them to Afrika then, in Europe we already have a surplus of food that we need to get rid of.
    I have no problem where it gets sold. I merely love to laugh at industries that rely on ignorance and fear to survive. If people were properly informed, the organic industry would collapse. Luckily, they pay lobbyists and politicians millions to push a false narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I consider unnecessary government a bad thing. Of course the EU is happy, because the majority tends to get what they want, regardless of whether it's necessary, ignorant, or unfair to others.
    Why are you derailing the thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it be unfair to others?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ohh puhleeeeze get your pretentious bullshit out of my face. the woman was 79, got served coffee that wasn't "hot" but "scalding hot" and dropped it on herself resulting in numerous operations needing to be done. actually go look into the case you cited, away with you.
    Yeah, after she whinged that her coffee was too cold. Are you fucking kidding me? I don't care if she's 19 or 79. If she can't fucking deal with a hot coffee spill, she should be put in a room with cushions on the wall. Stop embarassing yourself.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Wow, when it comes to conspiracy theories that have been thoroughly debunked by actual scientists people such are worried about their health.

I'm sure you all maintain excellent diets, exercise regularly, and don't engage in risky activities such as drinking, smoking or driving

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Quality has a price. We don't want to eat your poison, period.
    It's not poison, and forcing you to back down on absurd pseudoscience is a feature, not a bug.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You don't even know what the labels are there for. Who's ignorant here? We fucking require a description that Chips may contain fish flour. Why? We still eat it? Because some of us just want to know. And they have a right to know. We label pretty much everything. And more often than not, I find our chips labelled in up to 8 languages, too, because that's how shit works here. Telling us we're ignorant... fucksake. Who do you think you are? You can keep your shitty trade and your attitude, too. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Show me the 50 year study that concluded it's safe.
    Jesus, you just got mad at me for questioning your quote, then when I showed myself to be right, you decide to ask for more information. I already provided that information earlier in the thread, find the links there.

As for your labeling, it's authoritarian. It's designed to play off the fear and ignorance of consumers. Once again, if you are fine with that, good on you. My only issue is when you want to legislate your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Wow, when it comes to conspiracy theories that have been thoroughly debunked by actual scientists people such are worried about their health.

I'm sure you all maintain excellent diets, exercise regularly, and don't engage in risky activities such as drinking, smoking or driving
    How is this relevant to the thread, please offer a bit more details.

There isn't.
    There cannot be any evidence that all products created with GMO will always turn out save.

That people in Europe want GMO food to be labled does not need an justification anyway. If they want it they can have it.
    And that makes you an authoritarian.

Stop embarassing yourself.
    you mean stop embarrassing yourself. which, you've done a fine job so far, at least with your attitude.

Maybe you should reread your own posts, then.
    You made unnecessary and incorrect inferences from what I said, that is all.

I have no problem where it gets sold. I merely love to laugh at industries that rely on ignorance and fear to survive. If people were properly informed, the organic industry would collapse. Luckily, they pay lobbyists and politicians millions to push a false narrative.
    Dude, Europe doesn't have the kind of lobby you guys do. That's a US kind of stupidity, just like calling food "organic". Have you seen non-organic food? Is it made of silicates? *shakes head*

Our lobbies barely have influence compared to yours. See, we think it's not a good idea to let corporations have too much influence on politics. Stock markets seldom are good decision makers. They're good benchmarks whether or not a decision has been good. But by god, they're the worst type of decision maker.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Why are you derailing the thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it be unfair to others?
    Because authoritarians don't much care if something is unfair to others, they only care about what they want. Since you made it quite clear you don't care about being unfair to a company, that shows you are an authoritarian.

As for your labeling, it's authoritarian. It's designed to play off the fear and ignorance of consumers. Once again, if you are fine with that, good on you. My only issue is when you want to legislate your ignorance.
    You think everything someone else but you decides is "authoritarian", yet you are the one who wants to force your world view on us. Please keep your discussion on the merits of having laws in a thread where it is the topic stated by the OP and do not derail discussions in threads about other topics.
    I know, that must seem quite "authoritatian" to you, asking for you to stay on topic that is. It is after all something someone else asks of you!

- - - Updated - - -

Because authoritarians don't much care if something is unfair to others, they only care about what they want. Since you made it quite clear you don't care about being unfair to a company, that shows you are an authoritarian.
    Is that supposed to be a deflection because you noticed that your argument doesn't fit?

And where did I make it clear that "I don't care about being unfair to a company"?
    The opposite is the case. You are the one who wants for some companies to get an unfair advantage over their customers and other companies by allowing for them to ignore the rules that have been decided upon by everyone.

Maybe you think companies are some higher beings that think for themselves? That is not the case. Companies are property. All rights they deserve are only because the people who own them and/or work for them deserve certain rights. Without the involvment of living things they deserve no rigths at all.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-05-08 at 12:02 AM.

Dude, Europe doesn't have the kind of lobby you guys do. That's a US kind of stupidity, just like calling food "organic". Have you seen non-organic food? Is it made of silicates? *shakes head*

Our lobbies barely have influence compared to yours. See, we think it's not a good idea to let corporations have too much influence on politics. Stock markets seldom are good decision makers. They're good benchmarks whether or not a decision has been good. But by god, they're the worst type of decision maker.
    Instead, you let ignorance and fear do the legislating... good job.

I'm not sure who's ignorant. The US has a long history of bogus researches to support whatever money wants it to support. Yet, you believe them. Does the can of pandorra mean anything to you? We're keeping it tightly shut until we know for sure what it is we're doing. You, apparently, can't wait to open all the cans pandorra can throw at you. Fuck caution, who gives a shit about that when the stock market skyrockets, eh?

I think it's great that this thread shows the left can be just as ignorant of science as the right.

Fun fact: the consensus regarding GMO safety is stronger than that regarding climate change.

Instead, you let ignorance and fear do the legislating... good job.
    Informed decision is what we call it. And since you're throwing labels around like a madman, look up authoritarian. You might learn something. Calling someone authoritarian for wanting to know what's in his food and where it came from... that's rich.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because having information you need to make an informed decision for yourself is playing off of ignorance and fear? Or are you advocating that people are not allowed entitled to that information? Sure looks like it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers