Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Least the spider isn't a fucking store mount.
    That would be much cheaper than a 2 million gold mount. 2 million gold is 1000$ in US tokens and 500€ in EU tokens right now. A 20$ store mount is peanuts compared to that.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    If people want to keep the price of tokens down this is how it has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    This will hopefully offset a lot of the gold that was put into the game through Garrison missions. Sounds good to me.
    Nah. A lot of people are just not gonna bother now. They'll look at the mount, think it's cool, plan to spend 100 or 200K gold on it, see that it's 2M, and go "Meh, it doesn't even have any special functions." and leave it.

It worked better at the 100K mark, where it wasn't cheap, but neither was it too expensive that most people just wouldn't bother at all anymore.

They could've had a big part of the playerbase toss away 100+K of their gold on this mount. Instead, they'll just have a few die-hards throw away 2M, while most won't bother.

They failed at the too cheap to be a meaningful goldsink - too expensive for most to bother balance.

(Also, lol @ the "lol ur so entitled" posts. Jeez, that really is the common MMO-C poster's favorite argument. Piss on someone for looking at things from strictly one perspective, and then do the very same in your own post.)
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2016-05-08 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horrified View Post
    I don't see the problem with it tbh. Seeing as some people play the game purely to make gold, this also gives them something to work towards, much like raiders and pvpers have unique ways of getting mounts. I think its a good idea to put some stuff in the game that not the entire player base can get. It creates goals and a reason for people to keep playing.
    People who play to make more gold want to make gold, not spend their gold on some cosmetic mounts. They only buy cosmetic mounts when they are so rich that the item is pocket change for them. No whale (slang for very rich players) will go broke over a cosmetic item.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, I have around 6 million gold, and you can be sure I won't waste 1/3 of that for a stupid spider mount.
    Yep. This is the issue. I'm not going to waste 2M on a mount I'll probably never use, on the other hand if it's something more desirable then there will be even more qq from people who somehow will manage to go in to legion with less than 1M.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That would be much cheaper than a 2 million gold mount. 2 million gold is 1000$ in US tokens and 500€ in EU tokens right now. A 20$ store mount is peanuts compared to that.
    But why do people keep talking about $ or €? Why dun people complain about BMAH then? Some people buy T3 gear, TCG pets/mounts for hundreds of $/€, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    But why do people keep talking about $ or €? Why dun people complain about BMAH then? Some people buy T3 gear, TCG pets/mounts for hundreds of $/€, you know.
    BMAH starts at a high but resonable price. It's the players, not Blizzard, that makes the mounts there worth 970k and only because these mounts are rare. This mount isn't rare and the price is set by Blizzard themself. That's two main differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Yep. This is the issue. I'm not going to waste 2M on a mount I'll probably never use
    And this is the issue. Even people with the gold aren't going to piss away a big part of it just for a mount that just looks cool. It doesn't even have any special functions or services.

And your typical player won't have the gold to pay for it.

Only a very small, very dedicated part of the playerbase will get it, whereas if it had been 100K or 200K, it would've been more accessible to your typical player that might have wanted it, and more so worth it for those who already had the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And this is the issue. Even people with the gold aren't going to piss away a big part of it just for a mount that just looks cool. It doesn't even have any special functions or services.

Only a very small, very dedicated part of the playerbase will get it, whereas if it had been 100K or 200K, it would've been more accessible to your typical player that might have wanted it, and more so worth it for those who already had the gold.
    And that's why I think this mount just shows that we will get another round of major inflation (= gold is worth less and everything gets more expensive since everybody has so much of it). A 2 million mount with the current value gold has makes no sense except catering the very top 0.1% of the richest of the rich players who struggle with gold caps on several accounts.

Imagine a new player coming to the game after the movie, boosting up his char, playing to 110, then talk to the vendor, see the 2 mill pricetag, look at his bags showing they have 5-6k gold. Imagine half the playerbase who have left the game before 6.1 doing the same. Or people who have skipped wod entirely.

I'm not saying everyone should have every mount, but this is a vendor mount, getting it should be possible within that expansion. I joined at the very end of BC, and I had both the mamooth and the chopper by the time ICC came around.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    BMAH starts at a high but resonable price. It's the players, not Blizzard, that makes the mounts there worth 970k and only because these mounts are rare. This mount isn't rare and the price is set by Blizzard themself. That's two main differences.
    TBH, I see no problem in this case. This mount is acquirable. It's a niche mount for people who are interested in it AND who can afford it.

Think of 120k Yak back in MoP. It's a niche mount w/ some gimmicks, that was quite expensive.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-08 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Imagine a new player coming to the game after the movie, boosting up his char, playing to 110, then talk to the vendor, see the 2 mill pricetag, look at his bags showing they have 5-6k gold. Imagine half the playerbase who have left the game before 6.1 doing the same. Or people who have skipped wod entirely.
    "Wow.. that's.. uh.."

But it's a shame. They obviously want a goldsink. Now, because only a very few will throw away a load of gold, it'll probably end up less effective than if a lot of people threw away a smaller load of gold.

Deleted
    What's bad about ONE MOUNT being exclusive to people that are filthy rich? Why must everything be accessible to the average Joe? ITS ONE GOD DAMN MOUNT AYYY LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    What's bad about ONE MOUNT being exclusive to people that are filthy rich? Why must everything be accessible to the average Joe? ITS ONE GOD DAMN MOUNT AYYY LMAO
    Because, I dunno. Generally it's fun for the average Joe to be able to work towards osmething they like that through gameplay, not playing the auction house or endless grinding.

Also, do you really want to imply that there is a lack of things for the "filthy rich" to get?

Oh yes, those poor filthy rich, Blizzard just keeps ignoring their pleas for things to do; they sit on their piles of golds for days, weeks, months, just craving things to do with all of their gold, and now even those darned plebs want to get their dirty hands on an overpriced mount!? THE ENTITLEMENT! Expecting things to be gained through gameplay rather than facebook-like Auction House playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    And how do you do that without pissing everyone off? I mean, did you see the uproar on the Alpha/General forums about changing specs having a 100g price attached to it, even after it was explained it was a place holder?

How do you leech gold from a larger amount when so few are willing to accept there is an issue and that everyone needs to lend a hand to resolve it?
    I think 100k-200k goldsinks are already fairly accepted. Every expansion has them. 2m goldsinks? Not so much.

Lol, so many people who believe they should be able to get everything. If you absolutely want the spider mount, just save gold and eventually you'll get it. If you're not willing to do that, then just sit back and shut up. Not everything is supposed to be easy to get.

just another thing messed up thanks to WoD

I think 100k-200k goldsinks are already fairly accepted. Every expansion has them. 2m goldsinks? Not so much.
    You forget that inflation rate is huge this time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBH, I see no problem in this case. This mount is acquirable. It's a niche mount for people who are interested in it AND who can afford it.

Think of 120k Yak back in MoP. It's a niche mount w/ some gimmicks, that was quite expensive.
    But at least the Yak DID something. This one doesn't. It's just a mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The spider seems appropriately priced at a million gold, than two million. Seems like it would be better suited to get as much gold out of as many people as possible. The pet should probably have the same treatment as its stats and moves are not all that impressive, and feels like it should be 500k. The toy feels appropriately priced though.

My problem with these items is the bag. 32 slots is nowhere worth 500k. Only reason people will buy it is there is an achievement to buy it like the Gigantique Bag from BC. No reason to spend 500k when you can make 30 slots and buy them for 800g. I'm sure tailors will make the same size, or better, in the expansion, so why make this 32 slots instead of like 50? Make it feel worth the gold, rather than trying to just make up some arbitrary numbers in the hopes of removing gold from the game.

Similar could be said of the mount and pet, while they are unique and cool, they don't feel like they should be the cost that they are. If the mount did something neat, like being able to mount it inside of caves and if the pet wasn't boring then the one and two million cost would feel like that is what it should be, but right now these costs are just in the hopes of taking some gold out of the economy, but that plan would work better if these were cheaper. Still though they are special enough that their cost should be quite high, but at the prices they are now it is just is a bad attempt.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866