Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The island up north was supposed to be home of the breakers, and was going to contain a lot of story content involving them and Yrel. It was cut in alpha and merged with Gorgrond, which is why Gorgrond feels like its two stories that are half assed: because thats exactly what it was. Its also why Doomhammer just suddenly appears and dies: he was supposed to have a lot of story content in Gorgrond which was cut when it merged.

The island down south was the Warsong homeland. You may recall that there are a LOT of warsong weapons we cant get in game, we also cant get the warsong snarler which is in the data files, and the Warsong despite being the "head clan" of the iron horde did largely nothing in all of WoD: because the intent was to give them Faralohn (the southern island) as a patch.
    That just makes it seem even more that WoD could have been up there with TBC and WotLK, but Blizzard somehow just dropped the ball. I don't know why they have so many problems with creating content. It makes me wonder what their "biggest team ever" is doing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    WoD was far and away the worst in my opinion.

* Ashran started horribly (went from being an open zone to an instance)
    * Lack of raid content
    * trivial dungeon content (until mythics came in, too little too late)
    * laughable daily apexis questing
    * garrisons.....just everything about them, worst feature I have seen in wow.

The only "positives" I would take away were that:
    * they added some variety to levelling with the bonus objectives and treasures (minor, but better than nothing)
    * timewalking was a nice flashback for a while

Solution to above problems? Increase price of legion

WIN
    It still amazes me that Ashran started bad and got worse with each and every patch.

And those same people are revamping PvP entirely.

Strap yourselves in.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

"Was Warlords of Draenor is the worst expansion..." - was English is the difficult you to not it is?

Even the raiding is in a terrible spot 40 sec kill timers is beyond stupid and there is no dps ranks that people even care about because right now it's log in reset day do quick boost run and be done with wow for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Original map of Draenor:

The island up north was supposed to be home of the breakers, and was going to contain a lot of story content involving them and Yrel. It was cut in alpha and merged with Gorgrond, which is why Gorgrond feels like its two stories that are half assed: because thats exactly what it was. Its also why Doomhammer just suddenly appears and dies: he was supposed to have a lot of story content in Gorgrond which was cut when it merged.

The island down south was the Warsong homeland. You may recall that there are a LOT of warsong weapons we cant get in game, we also cant get the warsong snarler which is in the data files, and the Warsong despite being the "head clan" of the iron horde did largely nothing in all of WoD: because the intent was to give them Faralohn (the southern island) as a patch.
    Other way around - Faralohn is next to Gorgrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Tanaan as a launch zone would have saved absolutely nothing about WoD.

You are wrong
    Never meant it in that sense. I meant that was the original intention for Tanaan nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was never going to be a launch zone and if it was that would've added nothing to the game. One more apexis daily zone, because everyone loved those.

Stop repeating this nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Find a poll from Wrath about which expansion was worse.
    It isn't nonsense. That was the original concept for Tanaan along with the Chronal Spire entrance. It was supposed to be like Vale at endgame except no hub. But of course things can change from a concept I'm not denying that.

Blizz devs are so retarded, they could release this content over the expansion. Now we have 14 months without content

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    Cataclysm was the absolute worst. It was the expansion that single handedly put WoW into a recession.

Cater to casuals, and they casually leave and play a different game. Piss off the hardcore fan base and they leave too. That expansion was a lose / lose for Blizzard. Auto-LFG midway through WotLK didn't help either. Cool at first, but not cool in the end.

Deleted
    yes, yes it is

even Cataclysm was better and that really says something about the quality of it

I feel that Warlords was one of the worst, it seemed so promising to begin with. I loved levelling up the first time, but after that there was...well nothing to do but raid. LFR was alright the first few times, but there was no endgame after raiding unless I decided to do higher difficulties, which I'd rather not do. I'd prefer more of a variety of things like in MoP.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I thought Cata was horrendous and hated it, but at least there was more to do. I still dislike it and a lot of its story now, as I do Warlords, which I believe was just rushed out as a uni student would rush an essay out at the last minute. The story seemed like it had a lot of potential, but they just threw it all aside and then decided "Lol Archimonde" at the last minute, ignoring all the plot holes of Warlords, and even keeping Grom alive with no punishment for causing that in the first place.

Why did we even go to Draenor beyond just bringing Gul'dan back to kill? There was no meaningful story progression beyond that that has lead into Legion, just Gul'dan. Nothing else seemed to have counted for anything.

So TLDR:Yes, to me it was the worst by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Cataclysm and MOP is two lowest rated expansions, not WOD

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade User Score 7.8
    Generally favorable reviews based on 749 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king User Score 7.4
    Mixed or average reviews based on 874 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...raft-cataclysm User Score 5.5 Mixed or average reviews based on 916 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria 4.8 Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1226 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...rds-of-draenor 5.9 Mixed or average reviewsbased on 1078 Ratings
    i trust mmo-c more than metashitic

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...period-for-WoW

Basically... WoD pulled a second comming of Cataclysm, the raiders wanted content, they got so much of it that everyone else got nothing as a result. Blizzard wanted to advertise and appeal to nostalgics, especially the TBC generation of players big fans of the raid scene where huge content walls mattered.

The issue was this entire mentality was, for a lack of better words, the very reason Wrath was made in the first place. Back when TBC was ending they OPENLY admitted, only 1% of the playerbase even GOT to Kil'jaeden nevermind defeated him, with most being stuck back at Khara and for some lucky few, Tempest Keep.

This created a very elitist raiding society that wanted content to be purely exclusive and challenging, so that individuals could gloat that when they finally downed a boss it "mattered" because it was "that" guild that did it first.

Honestly nothing healthy could ever come from this attitude, and it shows in WoD.

WoD tried to relive it, by basically making literally 'everything' about finding a way to progress in raiding. In MoP you still had dungeons, world pvp, daily quests and story weekly content. In WoD, you had Garrisons which literally eliminated the need for daily quests because all the questing was literally done for you by random nobody named npcs that would give the gold to you as if you were some kind of mechachrist.

This literally was the dream scenerio of the 1%, the ego inflated individuals who wanted content so exclusive that literally 'everything' has become exclusive content. Its exclusive that if you dont have ahead of the curve, theres a high chance your not getting into any raids, ever unless you find a guild nice enough to carry you. Its exclusive that LFR Was literally designed for the other far left group that bitched that content was "too" hard and wanted everything so dumb that you might aswell afk the entire content.

Its "exclusive" because the system wanted exclusivity, on both the front of the lazyman unwililng to do anything challenging, and the unfriendly elitist that didnt want anyone but himself to be included in the glory.

And so we have 4 tiers of raiding, at the cost of 4 raids. We have 4 tiers of dungeons, at the cost of 4 more dungeons. We have timewalker dungeons, designed to fill the gap by making us relive the nostalgia until we get sick of it.

We have a world pvp zone that tried to mimic AV vanilia, poorly, and thats pvp content gear will never be on par with end game raiding gear, because raiding is the only way to get the highest gear period.

We have legendary quests, designed behind a grind wall thats only purpose is to force you to repeat the raid, over, and over, and over, until you are completely burned out on the damn thing.

We have content in Garrisons that gives you raid, gear, from raids, without even DOING, raids, so you can GEAR up, to do raids.

Everything in this game, in WoD, is about Raiding.

And everyone is SICK, of raiding.

WoD and Cataclysm constantly tried to appeal to TBC's fanboys, and it failed, and its about time we just "stopped" caring what the raiders want, and started caring about what EVERYONE ELSE wants for a change.

Maybe, just maybe, if we did that, the game might actually be worth playing to a majority once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It is the logical extension of the worst ideas they've had starting since cataclysm. They began to gut many reward systems in cataclysm, continued it in mists and by the time wod comes around everyone is rail roaded into one activity and if you don' t like it well tough shit. That the core group of senior and lead developers HAS NOT been transferred, fired, demoted, or replaced is a wonder, in fact they've been promoted....

Yes, it truly was. Coming from someone still subscribed who still enjoys the game. WoD was a lot of overhype and very low delivery. Coming out of MoP which I felt was the greatest development cycle in WoW history WoD felt like Blizzard was bipolar in what and where they wanted WoW to go. lowest patch cycle and content in WoW history. 2 tiers = least amount of armor designs added in an expansion. all mounts a recolor or reskin of a select few remodels of pre-existing skeletons. No new animations added to them (This is a big deal to me personally). The list goes on and on, it just felt like a filler expansion to keep us occupied between two epic expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Basically... WoD pulled a second comming of Cataclysm, the raiders wanted content, they got so much of it that everyone else got nothing as a result.
    as a mythic raider, what huge amount of content did i get?

please go into detail anything, because i see the least amount of content in any xpac for me by fucking miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    as a mythic raider, what huge amount of content did i get?
    The content that everybody else lost out on which btw is more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The content that everybody else lost out on which btw is more than you deserve.
    and this content was? as i said go into detail, mythic is nothing but heroic renamed and lowered by 5 players, then heroic = old normal, normal = old flex.

this is not new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and this content was? as i said go into detail, mythic is nothing but heroic renamed and lowered by 5 players, then heroic = old normal, normal = old flex.

this is not new content.
    More dungeons
    More bgs
    More scenarios

etc etc all eschewed in favor of raids

Mythic is new content solely aimed at you and yours while everyone else got jack shit. Essentially raid or die. The fact that you got what you did is a gross inequity and the fact that you somehow think YOU (raiders) got the shaft is just more proof that the devs have spoiled you.

Some aspects sucked, max level content, 'world' content, butchering professions, garrisons and the exclusion from the 'world', very few dungeons\zones, scrapping Farahlon and the -again- butchering of the main storylines... Kargath was chopped, Grommash has a crappy turn-a-round, Ner'zhul\Orgrim were severely underused, Ashran was shit, scrapped Karabor\Bladespire from being the capitals, scrapped most of the Garrisons customization in regards of layout\location, etc.

Some (fewer) were great like the leveling experience, the raid encounters, class balance and 'uniqueness', and blizzard ALWAYS does a great job in the visual and audio departments.

But yea, a lot more negatives than positives for me, and it's the worst one in my opinion, but very close to Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Mythic is new content solely aimed at you and yours while everyone else got jack shit. Essentially raid or die. The fact that you got what you did is a gross inequity and the fact that you somehow think YOU (raiders) got the shaft is just more proof that the devs have spoiled you.
    you seem like some kind of retard, i already told you mythic is not new content it's heroic renamed and lowered from 25 players to 20, how does that take time to do? i'll tell you it doesn't take any fucking time.

i guess there is no point talking to someone who is brainwashed into thinking mythic is a grand new idea and huge content designed for raiders, because heroic mode never existed before wod right.