Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It was led by Rob Pardo originally. Rob Pardo who has quiet notably not done a single thing since WotLK aside from kill off another project through mismanagement. So after he killed one project, they put him in WoD. Which had very slow development up untill the point where he "quit" blizzard. After that the expansion began advancing rapidly, but it also had I think it was 9 months till release.

Many of blizzards problems can be linked with "veteran" employees screwing things up. Its George Lucas Syndrome: you can't say anything to the famous boss, so just nod you head and agree with his stupid shit.

Its reflected in how the devs treat their players. Many other online games the devs openly discuss and listen to player. WoW devs say they'll listen then say "We heard you, but we think you're wrong/doing it wrong so we're not going to change anything."
    Pretty much the reason I think legion will tank as well. The entire expansion is literally nothing more than whiney forum bullshit over the last 10 years put into an expansion.

We want Ashbringer
    Give us Doomhammer
    Bring back Illidan
    I want to fight the legion!
    I want to play demon hunter!
    DAE MISS DALARAN?!

Warlords was dreadful in a lot of ways, but I can't quite tell if it was better or worse than Cataclysm. Needless to say, they should have learned by now.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Many people joined this game because they thought this game has WPVP content, but in fact is not.

I'm both in an Alterac Valley raid and mythic raid. Most of my AV friends left this game not because of the bots, but the huge lag of the WPVP.

When there are 20 DKs in a map doing AV/WPVP/Ashran, the lag will become so high that you can't use any spells and finally the whole server down. It's just a fucking issue.
    World PVP died when people had no reason to travel the world by foot. At least with flight paths, you had to walk to where ever else you were traveling. Now you just fly there on a mount, or get teleported into the dungeon or raid. No player fights, hardly any ganking.

Yes, it was. I can write a huge list of things that were bad or disappointing, but in short, two things: 1. most expensive expansion and 2. which brought less content ever. Also, it had zero new gameplay features. Every expansion had some: BC added arenas and daily quests, WoTLK added vehicle combat, Cata added archaeology and transmog, MoP added pet battles, challenge modes, scenarios and brawlers guild... one could argue about timewalking, but we're talking about new gameplay features, not a rehash of old ones.

So, to summarize: most expensive expansion with less content ever.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD could have quite literally been a content patch as far as I'm concerned. Had the raids not been good there would be nothing going for it. The story hardly went anywhere after the initial questing experience and when it did it was entirely tied into the raids. At least other expansions had outdoor world content that somewhat expanded the story but WoD had none of that. You literally get to the end of the questing experience and Khadgar tells you to go do the raids. "Go kill the orges in Highmaul...oh and also go kill the orcs in Blackrock Foundry".

The legendary had some cool story bits but everything they had built up from MoP and to a lesser extent Cataclysm was completely done away with. It was frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    Pretty much the reason I think legion will tank as well. The entire expansion is literally nothing more than whiney forum bullshit over the last 10 years put into an expansion.

We want Ashbringer
    Give us Doomhammer
    Bring back Illidan
    I want to fight the legion!
    I want to play demon hunter!
    DAE MISS DALARAN?!
    You say that but as it stands the expansion is set to bomb since blizz did something stupid again that no one wanted: revamped almost every single class. And are currently ignoring the mountains of feedback on most of them, going so far as to flat out telling DPS warriors that they heard the feedback but are disregarding it.

And the only reason they're bringing back Illidan and DH is that many of the big names at blizz have a big hardon for him. Thus the book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Warlords was dreadful in a lot of ways, but I can't quite tell if it was better or worse than Cataclysm. Needless to say, they should have learned by now.
    Cata had dungeon patches. Cata had firelands. Cata had transmog and darkmoon faire. Cata had seperate PvP and PvE sets model wise. Sure it had DS, but everything prior to DS was pretty good (aside from the world revamp).

Lets put this into some perspective.

The last patch of Cata had 2 armor sets for each class + a dungeon armor set for each armor type.

The last patch of WoD has 1 armor set for each class. Period. The whole expansion screams "lazy"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    World PVP died when people had no reason to travel the world by foot. At least with flight paths, you had to walk to where ever else you were traveling. Now you just fly there on a mount, or get teleported into the dungeon or raid. No player fights, hardly any ganking.
    Yeah they really fucked WPVP after the TBC. However, there are still some reasons doing WPVP. In fact, I did lots of WPVP in MOP, but it's just not fun. The lag is just too high. People win WPVP battles by creating a server down.

Gruul, SSC, Kara, Magtheridon, BT, Tempest Keep, Battle for Mount Hyjal, and Sunwell
    Don't forget Zul'Aman! I had so much fun doing bear runs was nice to have smaller raids to spend time on after 25 man raids were done for the day/week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    one could argue about timewalking, but we're talking about new gameplay features, not a rehash of old ones.
    Timewalking is just shit. They think timewalking brings nostalgic feelings from the old contents. However, that's impossible. The spells are changed, classes are changed, people are changed, too many things are changed. You can't really experience the old content like it was in the old days.

Compared to this shit, only legacy servers could really bring back those old feelings. Of course, they refuse to do that. That's why so many people played nostalruis.

Deleted
    "Friend"? People like you don't have friends, they just have people who put up with them because they have to.
    People like me are stronger than 1000 versions of yourself fused together.
    We are geting shot down every second everyday of our lifes and yet we can still walk and live.

People like you are a fuking disease.

Timewalking is just shit. They think timewalking brings nostalgic feelings from the old contents. However, that's impossible. The spells are changed, classes are changed, people are changed, too many things are changed. You can't really experience the old content like it was in the old days.

Compared to this shit, only legacy servers could really bring those old feelings. Of course, they refuse to do that. That's why so many people played nostalruis.
    Timewalking is fun enough to run it, especially if you do it with right gear, but still it is not a new gameplay feature, it is just old heroic dungeons painted fresh.

Also: can we just not bring the shitstalrius discussion back, please?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

WoD Is their worst expansion to date, Legion might take it.

WoD is by far the worst expansion by a massive margin. It's almost incomparable to any other expansion just because of how bad it is. The only redeeming qualities of WoD are the raid design and the art design but those have always been fantastic throughout WoW's entire history so you can barely count those as achievements.

7+ Year Old Account

Cata is worst followed by MoP, WoD, Wotlk and TBC.

Answer to the question: No

Az's opinion means jack shit to me. Timewalking is fine. Just don't do it if you don't want to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Az's opinion means jack shit to me. Timewalking is fine. Just don't do it if you don't want to.
    So, why no mop timewalking contents?

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Cata is worst followed by MoP, WoD, Wotlk and TBC.

Answer to the question: No
    Show me on the doll where the Pandaren touched you
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

So, why no mop timewalking contents?
    Because they are still quite a fresh system. I'm sure MoP will get added if there is enough interest for it. They will probably finish adding in the BC, Wrath and Cata dungeons to the rotation before that happens though.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-08 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    [snipped all the great points]This is without a shadow of doubt in my mind, the absolute worst of the worst. Not just as an expansion to what is otherwise a spectacular game that I still love, but also the worst product released by blizzard.
    Found myself agreeing your entire analysis of both Cata and WoD. And you didn't even step into the realm of garrisons and what that has done to player interaction. Or profession changes, where they basically eliminated all cross-profession dependencies and gave the best mats via a quickly respawning loot-pinata world boss. Or the requirement of 20 players to raid at highest level.

Everything feels mechanical, streamlined, and ultimately boring and unfun. I don't want it to be that way. And Legion gives me hope, a bit. If they can so drastically go from WotLK to Cata, then I feel that WoD to Legion could similarly bring back a spark.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)