Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a list of the profession perks?

I see they have wowhead articles on WoD profession details but I'm just looking for profession perks specific to them. Mainly thinking about things like how there used to be a stamina buff for miners, shoulder enchants for inscription, ring enchants for enchanting, etc etc. Dunno if they still exist or not. Trying to pick 2 for my warlock. If those old perks have all been removed, were they replaced with any new perks?

In general, old perks were removed because Blizz didn't want there to be a "best in slot" choice for professions. Now you choose what best fits your playstyle instead of getting an extra 2% stam on your tank.

It's all part of Blizz's effort to take all of the fun away from min/maxers.

I miss min/maxxing with profs :C

So does it all come down to saving money by picking that particular profession? Like picking enchanting so you don't have to buy enchants?

If it's about fun, I've always though of engineering as the fun profession. And kind of annoying to level. But for the rest, I have no idea. Why would you pick inscription when the glyphs don't even cost much on AH? Or why pick mining unless you REALLY have to mine ores out in the world? Or maybe someone should just suggest me a second profession for my lock. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I miss min/maxxing with profs :C
    I don't. Taking a profession because it gives the biggest passive stat bonus is kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    It's all part of Blizz's effort to take all of the fun away from min/maxers.
    ....OR, they just realized that, after they balanced all the profession perks to be equal to each other, there's no point in having them anymore because they're all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I don't. Taking a profession because it gives the biggest passive stat bonus is kinda dumb.

....OR, they just realized that, after they balanced all the profession perks to be equal to each other, there's no point in having them anymore because they're all the same.
    I just dont see why a 1% stat increase needed to be removed. Only the hardcore or semi hardcore cared anyways

Professions bonuses won't be back afaik.

There are a lot of changes to professions - with a lot of details still to be released.

Gathering professions have a bit more depth - each mineral or herb has levels associated with it that are unlocked by quests... plus quite a bit more (look for youtube videos). A lot of other professions are not finished. What we do know is that prospecting for gems is back, that major glyphs are gone and inscription can now make a +1000 versatility buff you can use for one boss per week (ie you can use it over and over again in the week but only versus the same specific boss), that you have to go into the world to get a lot of recipes, that there are a lot of profession dailies, that armor crafting will often require mats from many professions and lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    Professions bonuses won't be back afaik.

There are a lot of changes to professions - with a lot of details still to be released.

Gathering professions have a bit more depth - each mineral or herb has levels associated with it that are unlocked by quests... plus quite a bit more (look for youtube videos). A lot of other professions are not finished. What we do know is that prospecting for gems is back, that major glyphs are gone and inscription can now make a +1000 versatility buff you can use for one boss per week (ie you can use it over and over again in the week but only versus the same specific boss), that you have to go into the world to get a lot of recipes, that there are a lot of profession dailies, that armor crafting will often require mats from many professions and lots more.
    Wow seems like some major changes from now to legion. Have you encountered any good videos or write ups that go over some of the professions?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I just dont see why a 1% stat increase needed to be removed.
    Because EVERY profession was providing the same exact "1% stat increase" in one way or another. Thus, it was kinda pointless to have them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come Legion, profession perks are limited to utility items, pets, toy, and mounts.

I believe Inscription, Cooking, and Alchemy are the only profs with tangible performance contributions.
    -Alchemists for pots/flasks.
    -Cooks get the food/feast buffs (and crispy bacon, which can be used to extend the duration of food/feast buffs to a maximum of 6 hours.)
    -Inscription gets Vantus runes, which can be used once a week for a very substantial damage bonus to one boss. The buff lasts one full week as well. The runes are tradeable and will undoubtedly be good money makers during progression. Glyphs no longer effect damage output or survivability and seem to be purely cosmetic.

Skeleton-key items are now craftable by three professions (because fuck rogues.)

Utility items are things that just exist as quality of life improvements - such as Bardings which make you immune to dismounting for x number of hours. Or the BS dealies that grant increased mount speed while in broken shore.

Enchanters can make "Illusion Kits" that each unlock several weapon enchant effects in the wardrobe.

The craftable armor is utter garbage right now and most of us alpha are hoping that the current ilvls are just placeholders.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-10 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    They were removed in MoP I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because EVERY profession was providing the same exact "1% stat increase" in one way or another. Thus, it was kinda pointless to have them.
    That's the opposite of the reason they did it. Some professions were clearly superior to some specs so people were getting professions that they may not enjoy for those perks. It might seem little to some, but it was extremely important to hard-mode raiders and possibly high ranked PvPers.

Yes right here:

• Alchemy still has double duration on flasks and elixirs that you know how to make
    • Engineering has access to tinkers (Spinal Healing Injector is amazing) and some profession specific toys like Jeeves, mailbox, wormholes

That's pretty much it. Everything else is BoE and doesn't require the professions.
    Last edited by leothar; 2016-05-15 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    • Alchemy still has double duration on flasks and elixirs that you know how to make
    • Engineering has access to tinkers (Spinal Healing Injector is amazing) and some profession specific toys like Jeeves, mailbox, wormholes
    It has to be stressed that all those items are gold savers and conveniences and give no advantage to combat numbers on a single pull of a boss.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-15 at 10:46 AM.

JC has some BoP main stat gems, so the other professions should probably be getting something as well:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13024...eye-of-agility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    JC has some BoP main stat gems, so the other professions should probably be getting something as well:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13024...eye-of-agility
    That's cryptic. Does anyone have more info? I really tried to google it and I only found a speculation thread from this domain from 2015.

7+ Year Old Account
    glad gem prospecting came back that was a part of the fun in being a JC
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    glad gem prospecting came back that was a part of the fun in being a JC
    will be fun if gem slots on most gear will return as well

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's cryptic. Does anyone have more info? I really tried to google it and I only found a speculation thread from this domain from 2015.
    I need to check this out more closely in beta, but as far as I can tell those BoP main stat gems are not just for JC to use. JC insert them into sockets in crafted necklaces that can be sold. So while it's a profession perk, it's a perk in the sense that it increases the value of items you can sell - but the gem stat bonuses are accessible to anyone who buys the necklaces. They're not reserved only for someone who has JC as a profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    I need to check this out more closely in beta, but as far as I can tell those BoP main stat gems are not just for JC to use. JC insert them into sockets in crafted necklaces that can be sold. So while it's a profession perk, it's a perk in the sense that it increases the value of items you can sell - but the gem stat bonuses are accessible to anyone who buys the necklaces. They're not reserved only for someone who has JC as a profession.
    That sounds a bit ..clunky. It's as if you would need to carry the sales of necks just to get that item. If a better neck drops in an instance, it might be worse because of it, as it sounds the way you describe it at least.