Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Illegal migrants invading my personal space

Hi.

I have a big problem, there is this bug (Shield bug) that keeps appearing in my house. I have seen like 4 of them now, how can I get rid of them? I recently bought some new plants, could this be related?

Never had any problems with those kind of things and suddently they invade my home. Helpz.

Build a wall around your house, and make Mexico pay for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy a flamethrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Build a wall around your house, and make Mexico pay for it?
    I think they can fly. Building a wall isnt very effective against advanced lifeforms.

- - - Updated - - -

They look like this but more brown/green.

build an antimatter cannon that disolves all molecules into their base elements in a 15^3 lightyear radius around your home

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I think they can fly. Building a wall isnt very effective against advanced lifeforms.
    Wall with a roof then! Some might call it a bunker ^^

Or some kind of bug spray.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Burn your house down, salt the ground and move a continent away
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I have no bugspray at home, I am not prepared! Illidan was right.

I read that they stink horrible if you crush them, wtf is with this bug...... I hate it. Why cant it be spiders.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-08 at 10:46 AM.

I have no bugspray at home, I am not prepared! Illidan was right.
    Now you're doomed then. They will eat you alive!

Try to negotiate and meet their demands. You have to be open to new cultures moving into your vicinity. Don't be entomophcist just because you don't understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Try to negotiate and meet their demands. You have to be open to new cultures moving into your vicinity. Don't be entomophcist just because you don't understand them.
    I need a translator for german-bugish then, where can I find one?

I need a translator for german-bugish then, where can I find one?
    Google, must be some. If not, you should try to learn their language to be more inclusive. Must be online courses or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

I have a big problem, there is this bug (Shield bug) that keeps appearing in my house. I have seen like 4 of them now, how can I get rid of them? I recently bought some new plants, could this be related?

Never had any problems with those kind of things and suddently they invade my home. Helpz.
    They are not illegal migrants.
    They've been living there, before you moved in.
    And since chances are that no one asked them for permission whether they're okay with that, you are the illegal immigrant
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They look like this but more brown/green.
    What you have is the brown marmorated stink bug. They are an invasive species introduced to the US from SE Asia back in 1998 in Allentown, PA and have since spread throughout the mid-Atlantic region and to as many as 40 states. They're more populous in rural areas with fruit tree agriculture but have been stowing away in some ornamental trees like the Tree of Heaven and Princess Tree.

Get used to them, because they aren't going away any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    What you have is the brown marmorated stink bug. They are an invasive species introduced to the US from SE Asia back in 1998 in Allentown, PA and have since spread throughout the mid-Atlantic region and to as many as 40 states. They're more populous in rural areas with fruit tree agriculture but have been stowing away in some ornamental trees like the Tree of Heaven and Princess Tree.

Get used to them, because they aren't going away any time soon.
    And now they reached germany, fuck. Murrica why you do this to me?

You can keep most insects from invading your house by making a natural repellant. Get a spray bottle and fill with water, a little vinegar and a few drops of one or more essential oils, such as citronella, citrus, spearmint, lemongrass, etc. Spray it around the baseboards on your floor, and window sills. The smell repells them.

To keep them from wanting to enter your home at all, spray bottle, about a shot of cheap vodka and add in a little cinnamon, garlic, and/or cayenne pepper, and spray around the foundation. Alternatively, you just get one of those giant jars of cinnamon or cayenne pepper and sprinkle it all around your house's foundation. Again, the strong scents repel them.

If you want to kill the illegal invaders, then you get a spray bottle, fill with after and add a little dishwashing detergent, and spray it right on them. The soap actually melts their shells and kills them faster than commercial insect killers. I have a giant garden sprayer that I use to treat my entire yard with soapy water -- kill them all!

Detergent spray is a little harsh to spray directly on delicate Houseplants, (or veggies plants) so If you want to make a bug spray to kill invaders on your plants, without harming the plants, get a bar of gentle hand soap, and soak overnight in some water, then add a little of the soapy water (doesn't take much) to a spay bottle filled with water and spray insects on your plants. Just be careful not to overdo.

But if you use detergent spray to kill every single one of them while they're still in your yard, they'll never make it inside your home to infest your plants, which is my preference. A strong offense is the best defense and the only good invader, is a dead invader.

Best of luck with yours.
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-08 at 11:39 AM.

And now they reached germany, fuck. Murrica why you do this to me?
    Well it was the Chinese that brought them here, so yeah for global commerce!
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Build a safe space.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Build a safe space.
    A panic room?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Build a safe space.
    Hope its an air tight safe space, I've seen these suckers squeeze through a gap no thicker than a business card.