Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    just a bunch of whiny people trying to play the victim but it is their right to so yeah lol
    mr pickles

The flag is a symbol, not just a piece of cloth. If they were burning rainbow flags, would you have the same reaction?

They have every right to do it just like I have every right to call them every name under the sun for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Semper Fi. Hooorah.
    Apparently those guys forgot their oath to support and defend the constitution. particularly the 1st amendment. Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Stupid people doing stupid things.
    Stupid people believe that a random piece of cloth can't be burned.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-05-09 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Burning the US flag is fine unless you're on welfare. The US shouldn't give money to people who don't want the US government (their benefactor) to exist.
    Agreed, but not just welfare, but any government program. Sure, at the end of the day it's a piece of cloth, but one that people have attached meaning to. If these SJW's want to burn it and forsake all the rights given to them by that symbol, then it's time we show them what it means to not have the protection of the US government on their sides.

They commit a crime, they've revoked their American protections and are at the mercy of the people that catch them. Say one of these people then goes to a Islamic store and is caught stealing, well kiss those hands goodbye because that's what their religion says to do. Even for crimes committed towards Americans; Trespass, well good luck waiting in jail for trial that won't be coming as your right to a fair and speedy trial no longer exists. They can go to the back of the line behind American citizens that want and respect what America gives them. Any time an American citizen commits a crime, they burner can just go further and further to the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're burning the symbol of the nation which protects their right to burn a symbol of said nation. Burning the flag in a manner with which these people do is no different than spitting on your country knowing nothing can be done about it.

If you defile an American flag or support it, you're on par with the fine people of Westboro baptist church.

The person in the video is an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Stupid people believe that a random piece of cloth can't be burned.
    Pretty sure the American flag isn't a random piece of cloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It don't bother me at all, a flag ain't shit.

You (not all but most) liberals have no sense of nationalism.

So many people have died for that flag to give your sorry asses the easy life you live today.

If you hate the flag so much, and hate it for what it stands for, then why the fuck are you still living in the United States? Move to Mexico you illegal lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Pretty sure the American flag isn't a random piece of cloth.
    [SPOILER ALERT]It is[/SPOILER ALERT]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    [SPOILER ALERT]It is[/SPOILER ALERT]
    Pretty sure they didn't set out one day and grabbed the American flag instead of a dirty towel to make their statement. There is nothing random about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Burning the US flag is fine unless you're on welfare. The US shouldn't give money to people who don't want the US government (their benefactor) to exist.
    Being on welfare doesn't diminish your right to free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why not burn a pair of socks then?
    The message isn't the same I guess.

To answer the question, I have no nationalist pride whatsoever, so you people can burn whatever flag you want. Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Pretty sure they didn't set out one day and grabbed the American flag instead of a dirty towel to make their statement. There is nothing random about it.
    I see what you are trying to tell...but... it really is just a piece of cloth with some colors on it. Just please don't reply with something like god sent it from heaven and we should all pray to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    The way I view it is that the flag isn't just a piece of cloth, but a symbolization of the values, morals, and principles of that nation. When you're burning a flag your spitting on all those things.
    Yes, that's exactly why they burn it. Thank you for stating the obvious. The point is while you might get all blurry-eyed with visions of apple pie, eagles and firearms dancing in your head, to them the values and morals exhibited in the US are of discrimination and bigotry, principles worthy of being spat upon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Yes, that's exactly why they burn it. Thank you for stating the obvious. The point is while you might get all blurry-eyed with visions of apple pie, eagles and firearms dancing in your head, to them the values and morals exhibited in the US are of discrimination and bigotry, principles worthy of being spat upon.
    I imagine a lot of people will be burning it these days because the flag is one of those symbols of radical nationalism, overused by zealotous extremists who represent intolerance, bigotry, regressivism and hatred.

The positive things the flag represents, the American exceptionalism, loses their attachment to the flag as America loses its exceptionalism.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't really care, it's not like they're hurting anything other than random people's pride on the internet.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

They have every right to do so.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think the idea of a flag being so important is ridiculous, there's no denying that it does carry significance and obviously the people burning it know that or else they'd do something else. So I think it's just hyperbolic and classless really. The only causes that I believe actually warrant the burning of the flag are ones where violence is involved. So like the peaceful protests during the Civil Rights Movement being met with violence, then I'd understand if a few flags were burnt.

I don't really think there are any causes in America that really warrant the burning of the American flag right now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    American ideals aint in the flag, its in your heart! Those clogged...clogged arteries.