Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will probably stick with MM. However, I am thinking of giving new Survival a chance.

Demonology. After ten years, my hunter is hanging up his bow. I cannot stomach BM in its Legion state whatsoever, I don't want to be melee and I want a pet.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

After 6 long years playing a hunter, I am also hanging up my bow and will be playing a warlock. I'm excited.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    MM and BM. I loved SV since BC, but I dont want to play melee nor does my raid have a spot for another melee. I'll try MM and BM both, see which I prefer and/or is higher dps. If Legion BM is close to WoD BM, though, I'll go MM. Just dont like it. I'll miss my pet; sorry, Snarsalot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    MM and BM. I loved SV since BC, but I dont want to play melee nor does my raid have a spot for another melee. I'll try MM and BM both, see which I prefer and/or is higher dps. If Legion BM is close to WoD BM, though, I'll go MM. Just dont like it. I'll miss my pet; sorry, Snarsalot.
    Looks like you haven't been paying attention. Legion BM is nothing like WoD BM. It's nothing like a hunter at all. It's a ranged rogue without combo points that does little but sit there and shout at npcs.

I'll still be playing my hunter to tool around and I'll certainly try it, but as I've stated before, I don't want to play a rogue, ranged or otherwise. If I did, I'd already be playing an energy class. I expect I'm going to be raiding on my mage after ten years of maining hunter because what they've done to BM is criminal.

Survival, with marksmanship likely being my secondary spec.

Deleted
    bm because on beta ur pulling far better numbers rn than any other specc

plus u r mobile

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time ever, I honestly have no clue what spec I'm playing. All three are vary alien to me now, none of them feel even slightly familiar. I'm not excited at all, TBH.

We all know there's no real choice in what you play anymore, if you want to be optimal. I'll probably end up playing whatever the theorycrafters think is best, honestly.

I can't say I am very excited about a melee version of a hunter so that limits hunters to a two spec class in my eyes. MM is almost certainly going to be my main spec. Since I wont be maining a hunter I will have time to see how the changes and flip flops go before I start dumping artifact points into a specs weapon I dont want to play.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Already have my boosted element shaman ready to go

Survival. i'm actually enjoying it alot on beta, i'm loving the rexxar-vibe that i'm getting on survival and kinda surprised that they haven't done this change a long time ago.

Survival! Havent had the luck to get into beta yet but its soon live so im hyped as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    If I play my hunter, MM. But I just leveled my druid to 100 in preparation for Legion and I'll use the 100 boost on a lock; I'm increasingly convinced I won't be maining my hunter in Legion. I liked SV and have played it since LK, but I don't want to melee (and have melee characters if I do want to do that) and BM looks... meh. So for me, it's MM or nothing and 'nothing' is a strong contender.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got access to the Beta this morning and when it comes to my hunter it's been a saddening experience. I've tried out BM/MM and I just don't like them at all, no matter the talents. My hunter has been my "main" since end Cataclysm, but at this point in time I don't think I'll continue playing him in Legion...

I'm only level 105, but right now, Survival is so much more interesting than the other specs, but it's also the one that I started with, and have the most knowledge of. Basically just did a few quests with the other specs. I really wish survival could be a dualwielding axe class though, I just don't like polarms, or 2 handed weapons as a whole.

Survival has more depth, is more fun and has a higher skillcap than the other specs, well at least that's how it feels right now with very little dungeon experience. The talents are way cooler for BM though, Stampede is just amazing, way cooler than anything hunters ever had. And I never was a big fan of traps, so there's a bunch of stuff in survival talents that simply aren't attractive.

As for the what spec I will raid with, well it will all depends on what Azortharion tells us.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will play MM or BM. I was also thinking about boomkin and warlock

Deleted
    I always loved the Hunter Class as my main alt, I quit before WoD and came back shortly, cause i missed WoW. In the end now I am not even playing, because Blizzard fucked up the Hunter for which I came back to main and I don't know what class to play in Legion. I think of quitting and not playing at all in Legion. After 8 Years of melee I thought of playing ranged, but BM is focus starved all the time und MM is a Mage with a bow. Who designed a Hunter, who is as mobile as a (fire) mage? How can i HUNT, when I can't move?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to play whatever specc that deals the most damage, and it looks like it is BM as of now. Would want to try out survival though, but that will have to be some other time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DekyD View Post
    Going to play whatever specc that deals the most damage, and it looks like it is BM as of now. Would want to try out survival though, but that will have to be some other time.
    errrrrrrm.......sv is better , enjoy bm noob, ill destroy you on dps!!!!!!

SV is actually pushing nearly at 190k dps while MM is stick to 140-150 if i recall