Deleted

Legion hunter pvp worries

Got into the beta and bit sad how the specs are atm. Ability pruning seems to have hit hunters hard. Most melees seem to have gained plenty of gap closers & slows not to mention the god class mage pretty much losing nothing besides decurse & alter time.

MM problems:
    - No aimed shot while moving
    - Aimed shot doesn't do enough damage to warrant standing still for a year
    - No kill shot or chimaera shot to finish somebody off
    - Only 1 deterrence ( aspect of the turtle )
    - No explosive trap ( got bursting shot to knockback but its frontal cone where it knocks seems fucky )
    - No freezing trap ( got a freezing shot with a cast time that explodes on impact to freeze everything around the target )
    - No master's call ( have to use disengage with a talent to get rid of snares & roots which everyone seems to have plenty )
    - No offensive dispel
    - No "old" aspect of the cheetah makes you feel like a snail

BM problems:
    - Only 1 talented cc which pretty much forces you to run mongo cleaves and do a pve rotation
    - Only 1 deterrence ( aspect of the turtle )
    - No masters call ( have to use disengage with a talent to get rid of snares & roots which everyone seems to have plenty )
    - Have to run cunning pet for less damage due to not getting roar of sac on all pet types from a talent anymore
    - No traps or knockbacks
    - No offensive dispel
    - No "old" aspect of the cheetah makes you feel like a snail
    - No kill shot ( i dont feel like it needs one tho )

Survival problems:
    - No defensives apart from aspect of the turtle & feign death
    - Ramp up time to do damage is a year ( could use shorter gcd on some of the abilities )
    - No offensive dispel

Long story short i would like an option for MM and BM to take the old school explosive trap knockback and freezing trap from pvp talents and master's call needs to be baseline for all specs again. ( or nerf melee mobility )
    [/rant]

tl;dr: If you want to play mobile ranged spec, go fire mage.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2016-06-25 at 06:50 PM.

Both ranged Hunter specs do feel pretty weak and unfinished, specially MM, IMO. MM has lost every single thing that made it good for PvP: defensive skills, CC, burst damage and mobility. The new rotation feels really awkward in PvP, you can't move without sacrificing most of your damage and you have zero survivability. I'm pretty worried about it.

Deleted
    Also hunter action bar just seems empty these days, some classes barely lost anything. Here is an example. http://i.imgur.com/78mw3dd.png

to get a better picture how much bm got shafted: http://i.imgur.com/9AZpuFb.png
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2016-06-26 at 09:14 PM.

got to agree after testing some bgs,melee just eat us alive we have no way of fending them off,sad thing is its too late for changes so this is it.

Deleted
    Just some of the improvements i came up with.

Following changes to all specs:

Aspect of the Turtle: ( what it does )
    - Deflects all attacks and reduces all damage you take by 30% for 8 sec, but you cannot attack. 3 min cd
    ( what it should do )
    - Deflects all attacks and reduces all damage you take by 30% for 4 sec, but you cannot attack. 2 charges 3 min cd ( could be basesline or a pvp talent )
    ----
    Aspect of the cheetah: ( what it does )
    - Increases your movement speed by 90% for 3 sec, and then by 30% for another 9 sec. 3 min cd
    ( what it should do )
    - Increases your movement speed by 30% until canceled or taken damage. ( almost how it was to begin with )
    or
    - Aspect of the cheetah: Increases your movement speed by 30% for 3 sec, clears snares ( not roots ) 30-45 second cd
    ----
    - Explosive trap with knockback & Freezing trap either baseline or Pvp talent.

MM specific:

- Aimed shot can be cast while moving either baseline or talent/pvp talent
    or
    - Aimed shot alternative fix: After casting aimed shot your next aimed shot deals xx % more damage, costs xx % less and is casted xx % faster. Stacks x amount of times. ( pvp talent or something, pretty much rewards you if someone lets you stand still and go full retard )

BM specific:

- All pets specs have access to roar of sacrifice ( like it is in wod with a talent )

Deleted
    Also bit ironic that Survival hunter doesn't really have any survivability.

You don't have "pleasedontkillme" cooldown like other melees do that lets you fight back during it taking less damage, instead you have the usual aspect of the turtle which wont even heal you cause survival doesn't have that. Speaking of healing you have 30% heal on a 2 minute cooldown and your raptor strike heals you for 10% of the damage it deals ( which is 5000-10000 health per hit = nothing ).

From pvp talents you can take Survival tactics which clear magical effects and reduces damage taken by 99% for 1.5 seconds ( which is about as long as it takes a random pleb to re-target you in the first place. Scorpid sting is another pvp talent that could count as survivability cause you lower the crit chance of enemy hit by your focus spender by 50% for 6 seconds.

Sticky tar lowers enemies attack speed by 50% if they stand in it for 3 seconds which you can take from pvp talents i suppose.

tl;dr: survival feels like a monk without defensives and with a pet that is only there for show. You have way less heals, bit less mobility, no stuns, same dmg & no defensive cd which lets you still fight back.

Deleted
    So in short, you have only BM to pvp, with ugly artiffact and boring mechanic. Damn they killed hunter pvp in legion. I must say I didnt expect this...

Ah, not to mention 3min cds on utility.
    Last edited by mmocd1d8b32988; 2016-07-06 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voda22 View Post
    So in short, you have only BM to pvp, with ugly artiffact and boring mechanic. Damn they killed hunter pvp in legion. I must say I didnt expect this...

Ah, not to mention 3min cds on utility.
    You pretty much go BM and cleave with any op melee tunneling damage into the enemy healer or die trying, Thugcleave might work with MM seeing as rogue can nail them in place for you to channel aimeds and you got plenty of cc for a healer.

Seeing as melees will most likely be stronk, bm might do rather ok start of legion cause you really dont have to do anything else than pve something down.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2016-07-06 at 05:49 PM.