10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Why is racism not allowed to be discuss on here? It's a serious problem worldwide

Yet on here we are supposed to act like it doesn't exist? That is quite ridiculous. You pick up any newspaper and almost on a daily basis there are stories about discrimination based on race.

It really is sad that the moderation team feels like this isn't worth discussing and is not an important issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because threats about racism always end up becoming:

A) racist

B) discriminatory to a certain group (religion, political partie, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never understood this statement. I hear 'we need to discuss racism' 'we need to start the conversation' 'keep talking about it'.

In what place have we NOT been talking about racism for 50 years?

Exactly which conversation have we missed out on having so far?

Its like the stupid PR move from Starbucks when they wanted all the barristas to 'start conversation on issues of race' with random customers. What exactly was the thought process that went into thinking that starting yet another worn out argument between entrenched positions would suddenly result in shocking social advancements.

In short.......why the hell would you want to bring up racism.....like....ever...unlessunless you were making charges against someone for discriminating....dont you have anything better to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

7+ Year Old Account
    because every single one of those threads turns into religion/race bashing really quickly.

Formerly known as Arafal

Same reason other topics are banned. Don't ask me what those reasons are. On another forum I frequent nothing is off limits except things like harassment and I would say everyone is nicer to each other than here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Protip: people are allowed to be racist. You using sjw buzzwords against them won't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yet on here we are supposed to act like it doesn't exist? That is quite ridiculous. You pick up any newspaper and almost on a daily basis there are stories about discrimination based on race.

It really is sad that the moderation team feels like this isn't worth discussing and is not an important issue.
    Because it is a volatile subject that has a high tendency to derail in to unwanted behavior.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

First of all this is a website for games and things trlated to them, not a one stop shopping place for all topics. Beyond that when somebody argues why tacism is bad somebody starts to support it in some form and toxic jack assery follows.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Becauce if we start it, by the end we must all agree to..

Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I have never understood this statement. I hear 'we need to discuss racism' 'we need to start the conversation' 'keep talking about it'.

In what place have we NOT been talking about racism for 50 years?

Exactly which conversation have we missed out on having so far?

Its like the stupid PR move from Starbucks when they wanted all the barristas to 'start conversation on issues of race' with random customers. What exactly was the thought process that went into thinking that starting yet another worn out argument between entrenched positions would suddenly result in shocking social advancements.

In short.......why the hell would you want to bring up racism.....like....ever...unlessunless you were making charges against someone for discriminating....dont you have anything better to do?
    Every topic ever has been in discussion for centuries now. Racism, religion, politics, economics, law... Let's just stop talking about them cos everyone seems to have an entrenched opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Because it's all just a silly facade for feeling good about yourself without actually solving real racism.
    Well... you won't solve it by doing nothing, at least talking about it makes people realize is an actual problem and not something of the past (as many people like to think)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the best way to combat racism is to stop talking about race. It's just a social construct, and the sooner we ignore people's skin colour (except when discussing biological functions), the sooner racism will die out.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing constructive or good that comes out of race threads. They always end up ruined by hateful, racist posting and so we just don't allow it any more.