Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb #NeverTrump conservatives think the unthinkable: Supporting Hillary Clinton

Ardent conservative Ben Howe may do the unthinkable when he enters his South Carolina voting station on Nov. 8.

Howe, who has voted for every Republican presidential nominee since Bob Dole ran for the office in 1996, may instead cast his ballot for conservative public enemy No. 1: Hillary Clinton.

"It's disheartening to think that I would have to pull the lever for someone whom I disagree with that much," said Howe, a contributing editor to the conservative blog RedState. "But such is the maniacal, sociopathic person that we have somehow found as our nominee."

Such is the antipathy held for Donald J. Trump, the presumptive Republican Party presidential nominee, that some conservatives are considering supporting Clinton, so iconically loathed by many Republicans who view her as an unabashed liberal without morals or principles.

"Only Donald Trump could lift me beyond my visceral aversion I have for Hillary Clinton," said Tom Nichols, a former aide to a Republican senator and contributor to the conservative online magazine The Federalist.

Wehner said it's an important issue to consider, but the presidency is more than choosing Supreme Court nominees.

"I think at the end of the day, one of the most important things a president needs is the right temperament, the right emotional stability ... who conducts himself in a certain way, who has wisdom, who doesn't fly off the handle."

And better four years of possible gridlock with a President Clinton, than be subjected to a President Trump, Harsanyi added.

"I want to see Hillary win. I think that's the only way to save any remnants of conservatism in the Republican Party where the RNC and everyone else has largely given in to Trump," he said.

"She's sort of an institutionalist. I don't think she will blow up the republic in the way that a Donald Trump might."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dona...port-1.3567944

There really isn't any way Trump even challenges Hillary. I'm not sure what people are thinking by voting him in for the Republican nominee.

She is just enemy #1 regardless of position
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

A few warmongering corporate shills will support another war mongering corporate shill. Big whoop.

And I'm a Democrat who would rather vote Trump than Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You're someone that likes to claim they are a Democrat then.

Regarding the OP, I think it's beautiful that once the fanaticism cleared up, the far more moderate Republicans finally figured out for themselves they'd rather have someone with a plan even if they are corrupt than someone running for president "for shits and gigs yo".

The quote in the article talking about how they'd rather have 4 more years of gridlock with Hillary than deal with whatever party destroying antics Trump represents is fucking hilarious music to my ears.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-05-09 at 02:23 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a Forums Rule against spamming new threads? I feel Tennisace is attempting to fill up the entire first page with threads he created, as a personal goal in life.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Trump supporters are delusional. They do not get it. They want their guy to be President and then vote in the worst candidate in the history of politics. Also watched how surprised they get when he is crushed in the general election. One big collective stupidity.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm not sure what people are thinking by voting him in for the Republican nominee.
    As if an overly religious lunatic like Cruz would stand a better chance in the general election.

Anyone who would vote for Trump has never been a Democrat, it is just that simple.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    As if an overly religious lunatic would stand a better chance in the general election.
    A moderate would certainly stand a lot better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You're someone that likes to claim they are a Democrat then.
    If you don't jump on board 100%, you aren't a true X!

Spoken like a true liberal...
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Anyone who would vote for Trump has never been a Democrat, it is just that simple.
    Literally am registered Democrat right now. Would rather see Trump than Clinton in office.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Trump seems like the more likeable candidate, is the bizarre thing. Hillary could skin an infant with a rusty spoon and consume its flesh without batting an eye.

If I didn't know Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer, I'd assume she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    A few warmongering corporate shills will support another war mongering corporate shill. Big whoop.
    Trump is no corporate shill! He IS the corporation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    A moderate would certainly stand a lot better chance.
    How many actual moderates did the Republicans have in this primary? And how many of them ever stood a realistic chance of winning the primaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Trump attempting to make changes, but getting denied by Congress at every turn.

And I see Clinton just being a "Yes Man" to Congress.

Either way, nothing that will benefit the common citizen will happen.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    How many actual moderates did the Republicans have in this primary? And how many of them ever stood a realistic chance of winning the primaries?
    They claimed, or at least Fox news claimed this is what the Republicans were going to have to do after Obama spanked Romney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    If you don't jump on board 100%, you aren't a true X!

Spoken like a true liberal...
    I'm not saying you are a Democrat if you vote for Hillary or Bernie. I'm saying that as someone that claims and allegedly self identifies as a Democrat, saying they'd rather vote for Trump than Hillary is a clear example they don't even know what being Democrat or Republican means.

Not to mention, a Democrat voting for a Populist is hilarious.

But man, you must certainly get your rocks off on calling me a liberal =).
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They claimed, or at least Fox news claimed this is what the Republicans were going to have to do after Obama spanked Romney.
    But then the tea party happened, and things went south.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Voting Trump is voting for idiocracy and chaos, voting Clinton is voting for more of the same.

Only idiots vote for idiocracy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.