Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Our Justice Dept. really has too much free time on their hands.
    As opposed to the folk so hung up on who's using what bathroom...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It blows me away that this is a controversy. Leave it to religious zealots to get super worked up about what genitals any given person has.

Shout out to how hilarious the "masculine person in the women's room with little girls!" argument is. As if little boys are unimportant. Or as if pedophilia is common among transgender people. Or anything about this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Its more I would like to say what I want without being stalked and harassed. You can't have a debate or argument with some groups these days without them trying to destroy your life.

Disagreement with the hive is enough to be branded a monster worthy of burning in their eyes.
    Both sides do this, and that has fuck-all to do with freedom of speech. In fact, it's the very expression of freedom of speech that you claim is non-existent.

Again: you want to be able to say whatever and face zero consequences from anyone. That's not how free speech works. Once they leave your mouth, people can react however they see fit, within the law. "They said mean things to me, and my employer didn't like it so they fired me!" is not a breach in your free speech.

Its more I would like to say what I want without being stalked and harassed. You can't have a debate or argument with some groups these days without them trying to destroy your life.

Disagreement with the hive is enough to be branded a monster worthy of burning in their eyes.
    I really could care less if you disagree with me. There are a lot of really shitty remarks about transfolk in this discussion, but, honestly, they don't bother me in general because those people who speak like that aren't even worth my time.

What I have a problem with is when those people attempt to legislate their opinions into law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Both sides do this, and that has fuck-all to do with freedom of speech. In fact, it's the very expression of freedom of speech that you claim is non-existent.

Again: you want to be able to say whatever and face zero consequences from anyone. That's not how free speech works. Once they leave your mouth, people can react however they see fit, within the law. "They said mean things to me, and my employer didn't like it so they fired me!" is not a breach in your free speech.
    Bullshit. If the other side did this it would be on every news network with them branded as nazis.

You don't have a moral high ground here attempting to destroy someones life because they said something you find offensive isn't anything but despicable. When you stalk a person to get revenge on them for the crime of wrong think you are the bastard regardless of what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    There very much is a war on free speech right now.
    Have you started one? Otherwise, no there isn't one.
    And there is only a "war on bathrooms" since people came up with this idiocy because they feel the need lash out against someone in reaction to gay marriage being legalized. That kind of behaviour is something that can be seen as a mental illness as well, and having the emotional maturity of a three year old as an adult really is a serious problem that affects others unlike gender disphoria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairybolt View Post
    I really could care less if you disagree with me. There are a lot of really shitty remarks about transfolk in this discussion, but, honestly, they don't bother me in general because those people who speak like that aren't even worth my time.

What I have a problem with is when those people attempt to legislate their opinions into law.
    When have they done anything like this besides making you use the washroom of your actual gender?

Bullshit. If the other side did this it would be on every news network with them branded as nazis.

You don't have a moral high ground here attempting to destroy someones life because they said something you find offensive isn't anything but despicable. When you stalk a person to get revenge on them for the crime of wrong think you are the bastard regardless of what they said.
    I wonder why so many lefties feel this crippling need to have moral superiority.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

10+ Year Old Account

Harassment is harassment, a completely different issue from free speech. But there are plenty of examples of people on the right harassing people on the extreme left. Just look at Sarkeesian and various other feminists out there. They've been massively harassed with people trying to ruin their lives. But that's harassment, and has nothing to do with their free speech rights.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I really think this is one of the dumbest things to square off over. Its not like bathroom stalls are wide open and you can see everything. I've never even seen a penis in the bathroom and we have urinals out in the open...

How about online feminists?

Also note I didn't say it was "right", just that it's not "against free speech".

When have they done anything like this besides making you use the washroom of your actual gender?
    Sweetie, I know you're being a jackass here, but you'd need a gyno or a private investigator with hours of free time to go through Illinois legal peridicals to figure out I wasn't born female.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    I wonder why so many lefties feel this crippling need to have moral superiority.
    If you ever want to see a person on the left cringe just tell them to stop virtue signalling. Drives them made when you rub their nose into it.

If you ever want to see a person on the left cringe just tell them to stop virtue signalling. Drives them made when you rub their nose into it.
    If you ever want to see a person on the right cringe just tell them how unimportant their opinion is to you. Drives them nuts telling them how irrelevant they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    How about online feminists?

Also note I didn't say it was "right", just that it's not "against free speech".
    Will believe it when I see it. Half the time they are caught "harassing" themselves when their patreon runs low like wu did.

I don't excuse those that are but that seems to be a extreme minority. I have never heard of someone losing their livelihood from that... in most cases it becomes the way they gain a livelihood..

- - - Updated - - -

If you ever want to see a person on the right cringe just tell them how unimportant their opinion is to you. Drives them nuts telling them how irrelevant they are.
    Eh not really.

Will believe it when I see it. Half the time they are caught "harassing" themselves when their patreon runs low like wu did.

I don't excuse those that are but that seems to be a extreme minority. I have never heard of someone losing their livelihood from that... in most cases it becomes the way they gain a livelihood..
    ahh, yes, the classic "IT WAS MADE UP! MY SIDE IS PURE!" while you try to accuse me of moral high grounds.

A+ for consistency, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mistake was made with black people. See what happens when you give one minority their rights?
    Geez, now *everyone* wants them!

No you're right, the lefties do get harassed. Anita told the UN that some people told her she sucks, and they have said it more than once.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Deleted
    Sweetie, I know you're being a jackass here, but you'd need a gyno or a private investigator with hours of free time to go through Illinois legal peridicals to figure out I wasn't born female.
    Seeing is believing.... most cases it isn't hard to tell.

Seeing is believing.... most cases it isn't hard to tell.
    Cite your source, dearheart.