Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare (Ulduar) soloable?

Was bored and decided that since this is the only achieve I didn't get in Wrath to finish my Glory achieve, I'd give it a shot. Only problem is, I can't seem to figure out how you're supposed to do it. Trying to solo as a feral druid. Anyone have a strat for this or is it not doable? I assumed I just needed to kite the dwarves into the fire on the ground but doesn't seem to be working.

Its the breath attack that razorscale does when she lifts off after you use the harpoons to bring her down that you have to kill the dwarfs with

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's soloable assuming you survive(you should be able to) as, iirc, the counter for that achievement doesn't reset with a wipe. I could be wrong though.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Just as Krony said. Make sure they are hovering at about 15-20k when she does the breath. Any more and they'll live with a sliver of hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's soloable assuming you survive(you should be able to) as, iirc, the counter for that achievement doesn't reset with a wipe. I could be wrong though.
    It doesnt reset it just takes forever you wont die untill you hit the enrage

10+ Year Old Account
    When Razorscale is pulled down with the chains, you need to have the adds at an already low-ish health so that her breath attack will kill them. The fire she spreads on the ground doesn't damage them.

Also, you don't need to get the 25 in one attempt. If you wipe, whatever dwarves you killed will still count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

For this achievement, you have to get the dwarves down low health, and have them in front of Razorscale when she does her breath attack. That's completely different from the fire on the ground. It takes a long time, because there are only a few dwarves in each round of the fight.

All 25 dwarves Do Not have to be killed in a single fight.

I found this video from back in the day that explains it pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RM_APorrI

Awesome, thanks for the advice all I'll go give it another shot now!

It's a pain. We had to do it on 25 man to avoid accidentally killing the dwarves. And we still had to reset three times to get the achievement done.

You just take them down to about 10% or so (I think, it's possibly higher than that), get as many as you like, then click the harpoons to bring her down. Stand in front of her with the dwarves and let her kill them. If they die too soon, they don't count. If she fails to kill them, they don't count.

If you're careful it's easy but takes a lot of time
    I do this every week with 15 people in 25. we let the boss enrage, collect ~40-50 adds with 2 tanks by the time and she just blasts them all, when pulled down enraged.

Or Get some friends to help. Going into enrage actually make it easyer now. Just bring some healers.

This is how we do it. 25man

Leave the Ignis trash up.

Pull Razorscale. Keep going until you have 13 watchers (or guardians, i forget which), then bring her down and dps her down to 50% so she stays down. She will then breathe on the adds every several seconds. Wait until they're all dead (time taken depends on how good your tank is at getting them low without killing them), then run out and pull the Ignis trash. She will reset.
    Repeat and you have your 25, and you can actually kill her the second time.

As far as soloing goes. As long as you can survive, its doable. Then, depending on how easily you can survive, will decide how quickly you can get through it. If you can take lots and lots of dwarves at once, it will speed things up.

10 or 25man?

This is definetly soloable. I was in a pug raid where the pally tank raid leader didnt trust anyone else, so the rest of the raid sat at the side while he did it for everyone. I wouldn't want to try solo it on my priest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Next time I do my one pull method I'll record it. One down phase, no need to mess around with gettin mobs low HP. Kite til enrage, stun in front of boss, win.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I am trying to get the iron dwarf medium rare achieve on my hunter who has an ilvl of at least 665 if I remember right. How can I get that achieve if any and all of her attacks keep killing the dwarves?

Get nakid and rez sickness

10+ Year Old Account
    When you pull Razorscale down to the ground, she releases a breath attack whenever she is freed and flies back up. It deals ~15% of the Iron Dwarves health in damage.

Currently, the EASIEST way to do this achieve is to kill all the dwarves EXCEPT the ones you need for the achieve, wait until Razorscale enrages, and then allow her to one-shot the 25 dwarves you should have gathered by that time (It technically requires 2 hits from Razorscale, since it deals 95% of the dwarves health in damage. Replacing your weapon with a lvl 1 weapon should do the trick - Fists have a wierd damage formula that makes them do more damage then lvl 1 weapons for some reason)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

the good thing about it is I'm pretty sure you don't have to get all of the kills in one fight. so if by chance you miss one or a couple you can come back the next week.

Deleted
    I did it in one run, was not that difficult, just time consuming (100 disc priest). Shifting out the weapon to a weak one is helpful do bring the health of the dwarves down carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the good thing about it is I'm pretty sure you don't have to get all of the kills in one fight. so if by chance you miss one or a couple you can come back the next week.
    Actually you can get it done in one lockout. Just get as many dwarves as you can, lightly hit them a few times, and wait until her breath kills them off. If you get low on health or run out of dwarves, run out of her area to reset the encounter (Invis for mages, etc.). The dwarves you got the first time still count towards the total. Repeat as often as necessary.