Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Twitch user allegedly beats a woman while streaming, deletes all of his social media.

Yes, it's a Jezebel article. Listen to the audio and decide for yourself (warning: audio is disturbing).

http://jezebel.com/apparent-audio-of...ver-1774721764
    Several extremely disturbing videos uploaded to YouTube Tuesday night and Wednesday morning purport to be audio of a user on the video game website Twitch beating a woman as she screams and pleads for him to stop. The videos are generating a fair amount of online outrage, including on Reddit and Twitter; in the meantime, it remains unclear if the man has been identified and if the woman he can be heard abusing is safe.

Twitch is a wildly popular site where people livestream themselves playing or talking about games. It’s also been the site of some fairly terrifying “pranks,” like when a livestreamer was raided by the cops after someone swatted him, which means making a fake 911 call meant to draw law enforcement to his home.

The Twitch streamer purportedly heard abusing his girlfriend went by JoeDaddy505; his channel is now closed, with the listed reason being “terms of service violations.”

The videos that have been uploaded to YouTube are just audio ripped from JoeDaddy’s stream, with no video. Gamers on places like Reddit’s r/gaming are guessing that JoeDaddy believed his stream to be turned off when he began arguing with his wife or girlfriend.

The audio lasts about six minutes. The man being streamed from JoeDaddy’s account sounds extremely intoxicated and can be heard calling the woman a “bitch, a “whore” and a “slut,” making derogatory remarks about her vagina, and accusing her of cheating. She can be heard crying, screaming, and saying, “Get off me” and “I’m going to call the cops.” At times, she’s screaming so wildly it’s impossible to make out what she’s saying. It’s unclear whether the woman was also being sexually assaulted; many commenters on YouTube and Reddit have speculated that’s the case. After listening to the audio, we can’t rule it out. (We are not linking directly to it, for many obvious reasons.)

The audio of the incident seems to be spreading widely after getting picked up by a YouTuber named KeemStar, who has 780,000 Twitter followers and does an online broadcast called Drama Alert. (He’s no stranger to controversy himself. Nearly 20,000 people signed a petition calling for him to be banned from YouTube, accusing him of racism and of fabricating news; the petition specifically claims he has falsely accused several people of pedophilia.)

Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts associated with the individual who went by JoeDaddy on Twitch have mostly been scrubbed. (The “JoeDaddy505" Twitch account shows a man with a goatee and a star tattoo; the Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts with the same username also use that same photo, and the latter two identify the user as a gamer.) A cache of his Instagram describes him as a “New Mexico living” God enthusiast who also enjoys art and his children. (The “505" part of JoeDaddy’s username is also New Mexico’s area code, and he has a strong and distinct regional accent.)
    This dude posted a response video where he says, quite literally, "maybe she did something to deserve it" which is EXTREMELY fucked up, in my opinion.

What's your opinion regarding this incident?

Whelp that is fucked up. I hope that the audio can be used in a police investigation, clearly something was not right at all. Also, holy shit with his response, pretty much trying to justify it. I can't see any justification to ever fucking rape someone. What a fucked up individual.

Deleted
    That is really messed up, definitely sounds like abuse with horror-movie-level violence, insane stuff

Police fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Those comments...

"Let her beat you"

So much for gender equality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Well, the guy admited to beating her. What I wonder, did she start it? Or is he just talking bullshit about she hitting him first? So many unknown details.

Deleted
    Even if this guy's story is true and she started the fight, it very clearly did not need to last as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Well, the guy admited to beating her. What I wonder, did she start it? Or is he just talking bullshit about she hitting him first? So many unknown details.
    She says "you started it" in the audio, he claims she started it after the fact. So who knows. No matter who is at fault, is it justifiable for one person to beat another person (which is what it indeed sounds like) like what seems to occur in the audio? Several of those hitting sounds occurred while she sounded hysterical (and likely crying), possible she was hitting him during that hysteria but it does not sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Even if this guy's story is true and she started the fight, it very clearly did not need to last as long as it did.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's for the woman in question to decide wether she needs any "outside help" or not.

Social media needs to shut up.

People's private lives isn't anyone's business, especially not that of the government.
    No just no.

If someone getting beat (and raped from the sound of it) then people need to step in. This fucktard needs to be locked up. You can clearly tell near the end of the video hes raping her.

Hope they find this pos and lock him up. Also hope she is ok and seeking help.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the woman in the audio is yelling abuse back at him? but the woman is magically innocent because she is crying?
    What is wrong with you? Is yelling at a person who just hit you a crime or something? Do you want MRA's to not be taken seriously?

Xarim's pretty MRA-ish but he's got enough class not to sink to this level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If you cant batter the women, how can you bake them a cake?.

This whole thing sounds fishy.
    I can't hear any hits and the woman is just crying uncontrollably for (what appears to be) no reason.
    I'm out.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's for the woman in question to decide wether she needs any "outside help" or not.

Social media needs to shut up.

People's private lives isn't anyone's business, especially not that of the government.
    "Private life" on a Twitch stream? Yeah right.

If you want social media to shut up then don't put your "private life" all over it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I mean we can't see what happened but the audio is pretty clear cut.

Fuck this dude.

Hope she can somehow use it in court and screw this guy over hardcore.

His excuses are bullshit, and the very fact that he's making them seem to indicate that he was hitting her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    I can't hear any hits and the woman is just crying uncontrollably for (what appears to be) no reason.
    I'm out.
    What? There are several moments you can hear a slapping noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    If she started it by hitting him first, bitch keep your hands to yourself sentence served.

If he started it by hitting her first, bit keep your hands to youself, lock his ass up for assault for a while.
    Is there any scenario here where a woman that got a beating isn't a bitch, to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    I'm out.
    When I got punched, it didn't make the sound that you hear in movies. And besides, he admitted that he hit her a couple times.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I dunno, lots of questions here. That only a proper investigation can answer.

But the comments here and there holy shit. People accusing him of rape.. saying he should have just let her beat him etc.. not really helping anyone in this issue.

To me it sounds like she is much closer to the mic than he is, just my two cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That only a proper investigation can answer.
    Not in 2016, now it's free for all social media witch hunting.

Reality and truth have little to do when you have rabid anonymous basement dwellers judging people. Even if someone is found wholly innocent of any misdoings, they're still tarnished for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    To me it sounds like she is much closer to the mic than he is, just my two cents.
    Supposedly he is on top of her during at least part of this incident, so they would be equidistant from the microphone ("get off me!").

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Supposedly he is on top of her during at least part of this incident, so they would be equidistant from the microphone ("get off me!").
    Did I miss something? wasn't this just an audio clip?

And yeah I have no idea about the distance. It could just be him facing away and her facing the mic... so thats why I could think that way. /shrug

"get off me" could also be said if he she was up against a wall
    "get off me" could also be said if she was sitting on a chair and he was standing over her
    "get of me" could also be said if he is laying "beside" her with 1 arm over her waist
    prob many other things as well

your assuming his body is laying on top of her why?
    The point is that they were probably right next to each other during at least part of the video...I highly doubt someone would scream "get off me" like that with the guy just having an arm over her waist, but that is not the point of the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Actually I called the man a bitch in the second scenario, but good attempt at trying for sexism.
    You should probably make it clearer next time, consider bitch almost always refers to a female. Like, use bastard or something.

But I'll apologize.

i dont know if he hit her even if he did i do not know if it was violent or not
    He admitted to hitting her already. It's literally in the OP.