Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    how do we deal with wraths if, worst case scenario, we have the 2 ret pallies and 2 mages assigned to soak wrath and all 4 of them get wrath?

Deleted
    If it's really that bad you can have tanks soak it you can call it a wash and wipe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygax View Post
    how do we deal with wraths if, worst case scenario, we have the 2 ret pallies and 2 mages assigned to soak wrath and all 4 of them get wrath?
    They can soak most their stacks off each other using their own immunities (think trapezoid, two mages at the back close together so they are both chaining each other then the pallies each slightly farther away such that they chain to an immune mage each but the mages do not chain to them then repeat with the pallies close together/immune and mages further back).

You also likely have some other classes who can soak in a pinch even if not planned on.

tbh if all 4 of the people assigned to soak get wrath its probably just easier to wipe and go again seeing as its quite a low chance of happening

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I've progressed the encounter three times now - with the third kill being as recent as last week. I've killed it on four different characters, using four different strategies. Avoiding volley damage is still relevant to this day, because it is the only source of burst damage that can kill you when combo'd with other abilities.
    Have never seen it happen. Strange that in all four of your strategies you used 3 tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    tbh if all 4 of the people assigned to soak get wrath its probably just easier to wipe and go again seeing as its quite a low chance of happening
    It might be best to find more than 2 melee and 2 ranged. We have usually 3 hunters and a mage plus a paladin or/and another hunter so it's mathematically impossible to not have a solution. But, I also go 3rd as a mage even with wrath or even 2nd and stay last, because ice block is convenient at that time, and the only caveat is that the soakees should be careful to not oversoak and leave sooner if needed (with paragon strat).
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-18 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Have never seen it happen. Strange that in all four of your strategies you used 3 tanks.
    Never said we used 3x tanks in all four strategies, did I?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Just a tip if you are going to immune doomlords i would suggest immuning only the 2nd one in p1 and p2.
    How does immuning the doomlord work? What classes can remove Curse of Legion debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    How does immuning the doomlord work? What classes can remove Curse of Legion debuff?
    Nobody can remove them. Some classes have immunities that they can put up before the curse lands, and if it lands on them, it'll get immuned. Those that can do it are:

Paladins (Bubble).
    Mages (Iceblock).
    Death knights (AMS).
    Rogues (Cloak of Shadows - however, only the first 1.5 seconds of COS gives immunity to spells, despite COS lasting longer. This means they have to time it within a second of the curse landing, they *can't* pop it early).

Nobody can remove them. Some classes have immunities that they can put up before the curse lands, and if it lands on them, it'll get immuned. Those that can do it are:

Paladins (Bubble).
    Mages (Iceblock).
    Death knights (AMS).
    Rogues (Cloak of Shadows - however, only the first 1.5 seconds of COS gives immunity to spells, despite COS lasting longer. This means they have to time it within a second of the curse landing, they *can't* pop it early).
    I was helping a guild with Manny progression the other day on my SPriest, they kept yelling at the Hunters to Deterrence the debuff. When I corrected them and very sarcastically told them the only way a Hunter could immune it is by hearthing, they decided that the best way to handle it from that point forward was to have the person effected hearth out.

I stopped going to that run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    they decided that the best way to handle it from that point forward was to have the person effected hearth out.
    Wait a minute here. That's funny and interesting. Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Wait a minute here. That's funny and interesting. Does it work?
    Yep. It spawns in your Garrison and evade bugs until the kill.

Deleted
    Yep. It spawns in your Garrison and evade bugs until the kill.
    What do you mean by "evade bugs"?

PS. Can the hearthed loot bosses?

I was helping a guild with Manny progression the other day on my SPriest, they kept yelling at the Hunters to Deterrence the debuff. When I corrected them and very sarcastically told them the only way a Hunter could immune it is by hearthing, they decided that the best way to handle it from that point forward was to have the person effected hearth out.

I stopped going to that run.
    Oh my god ahahahaha .

Deleted
    You're laughing now, but if a carry gets it it's a viable strategy, assuming they can loot:P

Deleted
    Last but not least, a third tank gives you a cushion in the last phase to work with if a tank gets gibbed by the pillar/glaive toss combo while healers can't even *reach* tanks because they're out baiting doomspikes. Unless you plan to add a mistweaver as the fourth healer, a third tank gives you so many more benefits to the overall fight that it's unreal - which is why the vast majority of people use one. It's not really hard to figure out rather than comming up with random bullshit reasons as to why people do it.
    3: Tanks cannot be hit by shadowforce, thus having the DKs be tanks will significantly improve consistency depending on your shadowforce strategy.
    That shadowforce thing doesn't apply to the last phase. But its nice to see you calling other people out for lack of knowledge. I'm sure its hard, having to face other people with opinions that disagree with yours.

Two tanks. Three healers. More dps classes means faster fight, faster fight means less abilities for people to fail at. Why should you bring an extra tank just in case a tank fails at something while there's a lot of dps players there whose fight gets then longer, thus making the chance that they fail at something higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    That shadowforce thing doesn't apply to the last phase. But its nice to see you calling other people out for lack of knowledge. I'm sure its hard, having to face other people with opinions that disagree with yours.

Two tanks. Three healers. More dps classes means faster fight, faster fight means less abilities for people to fail at. Why should you bring an extra tank just in case a tank fails at something while there's a lot of dps players there whose fight gets then longer, thus making the chance that they fail at something higher?
    Because before the loom trinket and the super high ring upgrades the most dmg tank took was from the glaives.
    And most doom guards weren't dying before dooms even went off, of setting the taunt rotation of glaives making some tanks un-able to take double glaives and i'm talkng ilvl of around 725 or so some of the 1st ever kills.

I am assuming that is around the ilvl Draco reached the boss.
    Making 3 tanks aka 1 dedicated to doom's and 2 doing glaives the most valuable strategy.

I don't see why it is at all relevant that the shadowforce isn't punishing in the same way in P3 (range for grips) as it is in P2. In p2, you have a DK tank so your grips don't get fucked - in p3, you have an extra tank to take over if one of the two main tanks get killed one way or another (along with an extremely durable DK that is unlikely to die early due to mistakes, and one that can't be targetted by wraths).

Your second paragraph is in essence true, but if thats what you're basing your entire post of, you need to realise that you're not actually contributing to our discussion, but stating a fact that was never disputed - we never discussed if 2 tanks 3 healers rest dps was the best setup (because for all intents and purposes, you're entirely right, it is) - we discussed that if you need extra stability, is it better go 3 tanks 3 healers, or 2 tanks 4 healers (and many guilds need extra stability during progress over quicker kills with 1-2 mechanics less. Rather get to the end and wipe there, than be stuck in P2 because your DK got propelled off.

So instead of making snide comments about me calling people out for lack of knowledge, you might want to look into your own reading comprehension first.

Ebalina has a point aswell, although it isn't really the case in this situation; When I give advice, I always assume that a guild progressing on a boss this late in the tier will face the exact same issues as I did during my progress, despite 10-15 item levels more; Obviously, their raid has a lower quality than mine, so despite having higher item levels, I expect that they will do the same amount of damage as we did in lower. It's worked well in every tier up untill this one, where the ring sort-of has put the rule of thumb out of comission, because even with terrible output, you can still cheese a lot of things with a full ring that we could never dream of doing during progress, because it unleashes everything in one violent and potent burst - in the past tiers, it's all been pretty much flat percentage more damage done buffs.

Deleted
    Three healers. More dps classes means faster fight
    This late in the expansion various teams will have clumsy people. As they say the dead can't DPS. The strategy might also play a role because for instance Paragon's positioning appears to be simpler, but, more prone to step in fire, but I can't be certain about that because I never did Method's positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You're laughing now, but if a carry gets it it's a viable strategy, assuming they can loot:P
    I doubt you can loot if you're not inside the instance when the boss dies since the game has never really worked like that. That being said if you feel like they can't do it/don't want them to, just have them jump off the edge, there's literally no reason to have them hearth out with it lol