Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The awesome moments thread

I didn't see one so I'll make one. If there is one and I missed it please point me to it.

I just had the most awesome "play" and it didn't even get a play of the game! Damn it!

I think my entire team was dead and there was like 30seconds of match left. We had to move the payload just a bit further, but enemy had pretty good defences. I was using Phara and then I suddenly got mysefl an ultimate. I used it and obliterated the enemy defences and then finished last survivors with basic attacks. After this there was a few seconds left. OVERTIME!!!!!

I was alone there majority of time and I killed enemy after another. I kept jumping and flying around while my team was getting back. I just didn't die. Then finally came a healer and it was still on overtime. The payload was moving slowly forward and I couldnt be on it all the time. I still didn't die, probably because of the healer. Then I got another ultimate! WHOA! I cleared the entire defence again and we got a win.

Chat went "wow", "lol", "wtf!!", ect. I felt awesome that I didn't die while my team was gone and I was fighting there alone on overtime where a single mistake would have lost us the game most likely.

Share your awesome moments with us!

My team was holding the enemy at a pinchpoint doorway and I used reaper to teleport behind the enemy team, turned, blew away Pharah which activated my ultimate and went all "Die Die Die!" on my opponents and took down 4, then Genji came running around the corner to get double barrel shotguns to the nasal canals and that was my first solo team kill.

Couldn't of done it without my team holding the pinch point.

Deleted
    A Torbjörn getting play of the game for shooting in Mei's ice wall :P
    The rest of us must have played really bad if that was what made play of the game

As Junkrat, I chucked some grenades and my remote mine over a wall to where the payload was. I got a few hits on the grenades and so detonated the mine. I then heard TEAM KILL. I felt amazing.

As Mercy, in Route 66, we had the payload near the end. I was running back after being killed. I watched by team go down one by one as I got closer. I was able to rez the other 5 once I got there. We rallied and then were immediately killed by a bastion ult. It felt great to rez everyone though

pretty much every game you play as bastion

I was playing reinhardt last night and was walking back from a death trying to hold the objective (japanese sky scraper) and I spotted enemy lucio running back to his group to heal. I decided to go with rocket slam as I couldn't catch up to him on foot and I adjusted my angle to account for Lucios increased running speed, hit shift and caught the little bastard and pinned him to the wall outside the objective, turned to face th enemy team at the objective and put up my shield which they tried to stand and shoot through. Then my team came in behind them and wiped them out.
    I've been making consistent multiple kills, but when you time something like that so well, thats just one of the awesome moments that make the game worth it.

Oh and the one where we pinned a team in their bunker in holywood and I taught a widow maker that Roadhogs chains can penetrate the door forcefield and pull her out to face my shotgun.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-05 at 12:16 PM.

happened about a few weeks ago

i am playing hanamura defense with widowmaker, it is one of my good games, i am usually either horrible or godlike on widow

we lost the first point very fast and been defending second one for ages with me doing some good work on the ledge at top right

as enemy team gets more and more frustrated their tracer tries to get to the ledge i was by jumping from the left side ledge and teleporting forward

she fails at first try and falls down so i am wary at that point , as i see her try again i managed to shoot her mid air and melee her to death afterwards

right after that a wild Winston jumps at me, i put spider mine on the ground and rope jump to the ledge behind the control point, quickly turn around and kill winston with 2 headshots

at that point my whole team is dead with their reinhardt+lucio+genji on our point, i jump down and fire at low health lucio+melee him to death and dodge stuff around the point

the moment rope is off cd i jump atop the small elevated towerlike thingy near the point, turn around and headshot genji, jump back down and manage to kite reinhardt around for some time until my team arrives and saves the point

later on they try the same thing again, i kill tracer again but jump to the backledge too early so this time winston doesnt waste his jump and uses it after mine, stomps on me and kills me and we loose the round

Lucio's ult right before Junkrat's wheel hits your clumped up team

Happened so many times, I feel like a GOD

10+ Year Old Account
    being bastion vs ai was just retarded. they always come from the same point, once you get a good spot picked out you just mow them down over and over again.

all and all its a meh game at best. i was sad when i played it and thought, 'this is all that came out of a multi year 'secret' project from blizzard?'

I am very glad that they did open beta and i got to check it out without dropping money on the 'box' and finding out then that it is a boring ass game.

Deleted
    Was on the japanese-inspired map, can't remember the name. Playing as Soldier: 76 in the Brawl mode and ended up in a 1v3 situation inside the first control point (We were defending).
    Managed to jump around like a rabbit on roids and kill their Mercy while surviving their Roadhog and Hanzo. Then suddenly the single most hilarious thing I've ever seen happened:
    One of my team respawned as Reinhardt, and I didn't hear any cue or anything but he just came rocket charging in from behind them and took them both off the cliff on the other side of the control point with him. It was the best thing I've ever seen. Managed to win with that play too, since they were only still in the game from Overtime.

Not awesome for me, but I got devastated on Anubis attack because all the defenders were Torbjörn, and no one listened to tacts. Got a ton of damage blocked with Reinhardt though!

Was fighting inside an group as winston while my team protected the objective behind me. They were 99% but we had the objective now and were close to winning. While running around them I noticed a reaper sneaking up from behind my team with obvious intentions. I launched towards them and ended up over shooting but dropped a shield as i passed by. I dropped it right on him as he used his ult and completely negated it. My friends blew him apart and cut him off during his "die die die" and we slaughtered the rest of his team. If I hadnt done that, he would have wiped us all and they would have won the match.

Quote Originally Posted by SuRXIII View Post
    Lucio's ult right before Junkrat's wheel hits your clumped up team

Happened so many times, I feel like a GOD
    Probably the biggest grin I've had playing Overwatch so far is ulting right before that wheel hits. That and watching D.Va killing herself from her Ult.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Alright so i think i had my best play yet today

so we're defending on watchpoint gib. and getting our asses handed to us by a reinhardt, mercy, dva, if i remember right there were two bastions and a reaper. our team kept switching out heroes so it was hard to keep track of who was who, but i kept up as junkrat
    their team is literally right at the edge of securing their payload, and a mei on our team throws up an ice wall in a last ditch effort to try and stop them. we're got maybe a minute and a half, two minutes. i recently got the back of my head hammered by the damn reinhardt, so i spawn in, see the wall, see all of them clumped near the wall/payload, and throw that sweet murder tire down at them and explode five outta their team, and the team finishes the dva that just had her mech destroyed
    we snagged a team kill, parked in those little doorways and kept them off for the rest of the match AND i got play of the game with it
    close matches like those is like, my FAVORITE part of the game so far and bein able to wipe out an entire team with pretty much an icewall and a tire FELT SO GOOOD

shooting enemies off cliffs as the skating guy is hilarious

This is the most glorious play I've ever seen in this game:

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Two nights ago it was Ilios and I was on Pharah. Knocked like 3 of the enemy team into the shame hole in a row and all round annihilated them.

Then I looked at their names and realised the entire enemy team was comprised of friends of mine who'd just gotten access in the closed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    That and watching D.Va killing herself from her Ult.
    Stupid corners
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

knocking 3 people off the map with lucio. felt goooooooood.

also: getting a bunch of legendary skins for the heroes i like
    finding out that apparently things are gonna get reset D:

It was at the end of a payload missions... what was it... dorado? Can't remember map names yet. Anyway... right at the end the enemy team had a pretty tough defences and we were not able to get the payload moving. I was playing Reaper. I'm sure everyone can tell right now what happened. I happened to get the ultimate ready and then I decided to run in with the invulnerability thing. Q. DIE DIE DIE! I killed the entire team with it. I think it is the first time I killed everyone in one go. Of course there was nothing enemy could do to stop the payload reaching the end at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Maniac Maelle View Post
    knocking 3 people off the map with lucio. felt goooooooood.

also: getting a bunch of legendary skins for the heroes i like
    finding out that apparently things are gonna get reset D:
    I got awesome Reinhardt skin. Paragon, I think. White+gold. I'm going to lose it. *cry*