Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Hooked's replies are either funny or cringe worthy so I'm setting myself up in case it's the cringy answer.
    I'm not even going to explain it to you, it would be like trying to explain fire to a fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I'm not even going to explain it to you, it would be like trying to explain fire to a fish.
    So would I be spitting on my ancestors if I were friends with a German (who, mind you, did far worse things to my country than Japan did to yours)?

What Obama does here is good for America's relationship with Japan on a political level. The horror!. Of course, this is hard to grasp for the patriots whose world ends at the borders of the United States.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-05-11 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    So would I be spitting on my ancestors if I were friends with a German (who, mind you, did far worse things to my country than Japan did to yours)?
    It was a world war, we did what we had to, to win with the least amount of deaths to our people. Obama is trying to set himself up for un leader, which isn't going to happen, ever. Obama is a racist.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-11 at 07:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was waiting for more creative headlines such as: "Obama drops the bomb; visit in Japan ends with a bang!"
    "Hiroshima gives Obama a glowing reception".

- - - Updated - - -

What Obama does here is good for America's relationship with Japan on a political level.
    Will annoy China though, Japan did much worse to them and has never apologised/shown remorse, so for the US to show empathy for Japan's loss when Japan did much worse to US allies and doesn't care is a bit of a slap in the face of China.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Nothing justifies nuking a city, amazing that this did not happen in the last millennium.
    Except maybe forcing a Japanese surrender and avoiding a ground invasion that many experts think would have cost over a million lives . The death tole in the bombings was approximately 129,000.

Or put more succinctly, they started it and we finished it. If someone doesn't want to burn, don't f about with the US.

- - - Updated - - -

What Obama does here is good for America's relationship with Japan on a political level. The horror!. Of course, this is hard to grasp for the patriots whose world ends at the borders of the United States.
    This too. Japan ( and by example the world) learned a powerful lesson that August in 1945. They are now quite civilized and friendly. There are still cultural differences and that's okay. As for Pres Obama, I continue to be impressed with him and am glad to have voted for him twice.

Good for him, and pretty sure dropping the nuke saved more lives in the long run. Dont think the japanese would surrender they would fight to the death for the emperor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Except maybe forcing a Japanese surrender and avoiding a ground invasion that many experts think would have cost over a million lives . The death tole in the bombings was approximately 129,000.

Or put more succinctly, they started it and we finished it. If someone doesn't want to burn, don't f about with the US.

- - - Updated - - -

This too. Japan ( and by example the world) learned a powerful lesson that August in 1945. They are now quite civilized and friendly. There are still cultural differences and that's okay. As for Pres Obama, I continue to be impressed with him and am glad to have voted for him twice.
    Do you really think it was Japan that started off the poor relations that existed between the two countries? Wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Do you really think it was Japan that started off the poor relations that existed between the two countries? Wow.
    Never said that. FDR was a prick to them over sht that had no bearing on the national security interests of the US. Such as the embargoes over their actions in China and Indonesia. I think that FDR wanted to draw the US into the war and he knew that he would never get public support for that without an attack on the US.

Regardless of all this though, no one forced the Japanese leadership to actually attack. That was their decision alone. And they learned: F with the bald eagle, you get the claws.

Yay, he's not going to apologize!

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...iew-no-apology
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD