Thread: Ffx/x-2 pc

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I always found the chocobo race easy. It was a little random and you definitely had to do it multiple times, but it never felt rage-inducing.
    Speak for yourself :P The randomness and the no-win scenarios left me particularly enraged many a time.

Personally, I greatly dislike all three of the minigames mentioned. They're mostly based on manual dexterity and/or grueling perseverance and do not, to me, fit well with the rest of the game AT ALL (which is almost entirely about strategy and not about dexterity). I'm not alone in the assertion as Lulu's challenge is frequently cited as one of the most ridiculous quests in all of video game history ¬_¬

However, now that this is on PC it should be trivial to edit your save and just circumvent the 3 challenges that most people rage against (the aforementioned). I see nothing wrong with that, and since it's a single-player only game feel free to do whatever you want. Don't let three particular side quests ruin an otherwise excellent experience.

I nearly broke the controller over it when I was a teenager. Took me 30 minutes to do it on the ps4 @_@ That is a double plat that I'm very proud of on the ps4.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chocobo racing one was god damn horrendous.

I did nearly 100% ffx on the ps2 but I won't get close on pc. My ability to care and overabundance of games makes it impossible.

Butterfly catching was the only one I never managed to get. It's a lot harder than it sounds.

I always found the chocobo race easy. It was a little random and you definitely had to do it multiple times, but it never felt rage-inducing.
    Strange, for me it was always the other way round. The butterflies were far more predictable than the chocobo race.

Deleted
    I managed to do all three (after many weeks) back on the ps2
    But this time round, they seem much harder to do.
    I know the lulu tower/crater trick to force the Lightning at set intervals, but got to 170 and for split second got distracted and failed...
    Butterfly one, seems so much harder on PC than ps2
    Chocobo one I got 0.00.01 to say I wanted to scream is an understatement lol
    I usually never cheat in a game, but these three instances I wish there was a way too.. (One that's not too tech minded)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I usually never cheat in a game, but these three instances I wish there was a way too.. (One that's not too tech minded)
    PS2 is quite a challenge, but for PS3/4 (and, I assume, PC) it's extremely easy to edit save files. The editors even come with presets allowing for minimally invasive edits - possibly an indication that frustration over these particular 3 minigames is a sentiment widely shared across the fanbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    PS2 is quite a challenge, but for PS3/4 (and, I assume, PC) it's extremely easy to edit save files. The editors even come with presets allowing for minimally invasive edits - possibly an indication that frustration over these particular 3 minigames is a sentiment widely shared across the fanbase.
    Thanks for that info, will google it to find out how

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I managed to do all three (after many weeks) back on the ps2
    But this time round, they seem much harder to do.
    I know the lulu tower/crater trick to force the Lightning at set intervals, but got to 170 and for split second got distracted and failed...
    Butterfly one, seems so much harder on PC than ps2
    Chocobo one I got 0.00.01 to say I wanted to scream is an understatement lol
    Lightning Dodge on PC should be much easier because you don't have to find a "no encounters" weapon for someone. That's the main thing that makes that difficult.

Deleted
    Lightning Dodge on PC should be much easier because you don't have to find a "no encounters" weapon for someone. That's the main thing that makes that difficult.
    Agreed.
    Just got it now by using the north tower / crater trick. Run out of tower to crater as it guarantees a strike, then run back under tower
    FU Chocobo one though, just got 0.00.01 again ARGGGGH

Deleted
    http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...copies_on_pc/1

Seems it was an extremely successful port

Deleted
    Damm, that's a high amount of sales there. Assuming next one will be an FFXII port , since it's only one missing from the newer ones

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...copies_on_pc/1

Seems it was an extremely successful port
    Well, it was SE's last decent FF for many.

Heavily character driven. Classic JRPG combat. Excellent world building - an interesting world it is.

After X it went haywire ...
    X-2 (WTF?),
    FFXII (isn't that bad, it's just ... boring; character-wise it's all over the place, combat was just weird, so grindy)
    FFXIII ("Lightning is like a rose" *cringe*; no idea WTF is up with the transforming Aeons[1])

[1] It appears to have infected FFXV too with that transforming car ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be wrong but I feel like FF after the X were too "japanese". Which could be why they're not considered as legendary as the old FF. Before that it was pure J-rpg but I feel like it was J-rpg trying to appeal to europe/us culture. Kind of like what Kojima often does well and other games like Resident Evil (especially 4). Of course there were japanese moments in X and before but not nearly as much as what we got in XIII and in XV also I assume. I got the FFXIII vibe in XV. With a very, very little bit of VIII. We'll see.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-05-20 at 12:06 PM.

I'm playing the FF3 remake, but I don't understand the plot. There's another world I'm close to reaching, but who is the antagonist?? All I know is I'm a hero... or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I might be wrong but I feel like FF after the X were too "japanese". Which could be why they're not considered as legendary as the old FF. Before that it was pure J-rpg but I feel like it was J-rpg trying to appeal to europe/us culture. Kind of like what Kojima often does well and other games like Resident Evil (especially 4). Of course there were japanese moments in X and before but not nearly as much as what we got in XIII and in XV also I assume. I got the FFXIII vibe in XV. With a very, very little bit of VIII. We'll see.
    VIII and X were very Japanese. I'm alright with it, I mean their main demographic are Japanese players, it makes sense. Japanese games usually mix their culture with European culture, particularly German.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think 12 was that Japanese. I don't have many strong memories of it except I really liked the combat system :S Not preferred to normal but I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I didn't think 12 was that Japanese. I don't have many strong memories of it except I really liked the combat system :S Not preferred to normal but I liked it.
    I wish I had your like for it, I've tried playing through it a few times over the years and each time I get a lil further but end up burning out on its combat.

Though I'm still amazed I got through 13 with its combat. One day I'll get through 13-2 and get to 3.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favourite things about XII was the boss hunting system. It bluntly told you "here is a boss, go there and punch it in the face". The gambit system took a while to get used to, but once I had enough actions unlocked I really enjoyed tinkering with it to match my play style. I've played X-2, XII, XIII and bits of XIII-2 and X and out of all of them it'd probably be safe to say I enjoyed XII the most. I've seen a lot of hate for X-2 but I don't really get it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was my first non pokemon game to break 100+ hours played. Perhaps it being my first entry into the series and not having any prior expectations to love up to helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Though I'm still amazed I got through 13 with its combat. One day I'll get through 13-2 and get to 3.
    Please don't. Don't sully your fond memories of the FF series with those grotesque mockeries. As much as I love Lightning, the games are simply terribad.

Final Fantasy for me ended with FFX-2.

XII was a fine game, it just didn't feel like a FF game. The combat can be ludicrous at times to be sure, which only exacerbates that feeling of it being outside the franchise. I still enjoy the game BECAUSE of its combat, but I really cannot see it as a FF game, not in my heart.

I'm glad to see the PC ports of the good ones, though, and doubly glad that they sold well. Both X and X-2 deserve their success, and if the PC port leads to some cool mods then I'm a happy camper.

Now excuse me while I go sacrifice some chocobos to whatever deity/aeon/esper is listening so that they make sure the FF7 remake isn't shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Now excuse me while I go sacrifice some chocobos to whatever deity/aeon/esper is listening so that they make sure the FF7 remake isn't shit.
    I wouldn't hold my breath, all they need to do is just update everything and not reinvent the wheel with it... but ya damn well know they're going to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.