Poll: arm or leg

Thread: arm or a leg

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

arm or a leg

Given the choice would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

That's a freakin tough one. I love gaming and internet trolling, which would be easier to do missing a leg than an arm. But I also love hiking and biking which comes with the opposite issue. You should have added an "i'd rather die" option.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Solid leg. Losing an arm would be devastating to my career.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's a freakin tough one. I love gaming and internet trolling, which would be easier to do missing a leg than an arm. But I also love hiking and biking which comes with the opposite issue. You should have added an "i'd rather die" option.
    to be fair the surgeon could slip during the amputation and you could bleed out.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Prosthetic leg technology is vastly more affordable than prosthetic arm+hand units.

I mean, I guess also, prosthetic legs look like they are easier to adapt to than prosthetic hands; in that they seem to provide closer to original functionality than the hand does. So I guess I'm going to pick leg.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Left arm then any leg right arm is indispensable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Leg, without a doubt.

Arm, I'm banking on eventually getting a cool robot arm, and I like my legs.

Leg instant choice, not only would I hate to lose an arm/hand because much of my hobbies involve using my hands. I could live with a prosthetic leg more than I think I could with an arm. There have been guys that I didn't even realize had lost a leg until they either told me or they wore shorts. In both cases I was surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will still suck immensely but an easy choice nonetheless.

i thought obama already cost white middle americans both their arm and their leg?

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

first thought was leg, seems 90% of people agree.

I mean, I guess, if you look at Terry Fox, as an example of the feats a human can perform with a prosthetic leg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leg. Prosthetics are much better for legs, since noone really cares if their toes are functional. I'd rather keep all my fingers.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Prosthetic leg technology is vastly more affordable than prosthetic arm+hand units.
    Affordable and functional. You can walk with two prosthetic legs. With one, it'll be relatively normal. You can't type with prosthetic hands. F that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without my arms I'd be single

15+ Year Old Account
    Leg easily.

Lieutenant Dan anyone?

Arm. The ability to move about on your own is one that is easily taken for granted and can be a real struggle.

A family member lost one of her legs a few years ago. She struggled mightily for about 5 years with one leg- than complications led to the removal of the other leg. She is wheel chair bound now with both legs amputated. It's very difficult living like that even with a lot of assistance from the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Arm. The ability to move about on your own is one that is easily taken for granted and can be a real struggle.

A family member lost one of her legs a few years ago. She struggled mightily for about 5 years with one leg- than complications led to the removal of the other leg. She is wheel chair bound now with both legs amputated. It's very difficult living like that even with a lot of assistance from the family.
    I think I agree with this.

Left arm would be the smallest adjustment for me.

After that I imagine losing my dominant arm would be a huge irritation in the short term, but I'd eventually adjust. Losing mobility is huge, though. I love walking/hiking/bike-riding.

edit - to everyone saying "prosthetics" - does that work for a whole leg, or just a "lower" leg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leg, mine are already pretty shitty as is, I won't miss one much.