Thread: Beta invites

Deleted
    I didn't get a key for the alpha or beta. Just got instant activation.

Anyone with extra key feel free to PM me one

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Anyone with extra key feel free to PM me one
    You and the rest of the world, pal! lol
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    have to agree with the its random i have never been unsubbed i have raided pvp etc etc . yet my ball and chain has had many many breaks of unsubbing never raided or done pvp she gets in first wave and now teases me non stop

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently the legion event is fucked, you can't reach the isle for the group scenario without dc and instant teleport back. :<
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

7+ Year Old Account
    do you guys know when the next wave of beta invites from blizzard is going to drop? Ppl were saying thursday this week. anyone can confirm? (sources?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuth View Post
    do you guys know when the next wave of beta invites from blizzard is going to drop? Ppl were saying thursday this week. anyone can confirm? (sources?)
    Anyone who says they know anything is making it up. Blizzard won't announce when a wave comes. We're lucky they announced the end of the first wave.

I hope I'm wrong and that a blue comes out to say something, but don't hold your breath.

I'd love to be wrong.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Currently the legion event is fucked, you can't reach the isle for the group scenario without dc and instant teleport back. :<
    Telling people that the beta is buggy and/or broken isn't going to deter anyone or help them feel any better about not getting invited, if that's what you're trying to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Telling people that the beta is buggy and/or broken isn't going to deter anyone or help them feel any better about not getting invited, if that's what you're trying to do.
    If anything it will make certain people feel worse. Since they want in to actually test the game and find bugs instead of getting an early-acces tour.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well in mean time while i wait for beta i'll keep lady jaina happy and protect her from all the mean horde players.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigete View Post
    If anything it will make certain people feel worse. Since they want in to actually test the game and find bugs instead of getting an early-acces tour.
    They all say that but very few actually do it when they get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    OR.... OR..... OR..... He is just saying that for the sake of people wanting to know how the progress is going, if it's smooth, if certain areas are butt-fucked, or anything else. I did that a few pages ago with the whole Dalaran + Whole Broken Isle phasing in and out randomly, but that wasn't to "deter" anyone, it was just to inform people of mmochamp

Man a new beta wave needs to go out so I have something to fixate over rather than being reminded I have almost nothing to do in wow anymore
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Do please let the rest of us know immediately if you do get a beta invite because then at least we know that another beta invite wave has gone out!
    I'm gonna go back to playing a private server in the meantime. Still better than this pile of garrisoncrap.

Deleted
    All these people getting so worked up over a beta invite.. holy shit.
    Very funny to see, get up the salty rage people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynxium View Post
    You actually get it completely wrong.

The queue is handled by different servers, if people are in the queue you don't stress the servers people play on, stress tests means the servers people play on have enough people to make the servers allocate enough resources for them to perform all kind of tests like efficiency, performance and stability, etc...

You can measure many things and theoretically get things right but any theory needs to be proven so you need to put things under test to make sure things perform accordingly to your expectations.

Now, they might stress more servers like the queue and authentication services to make sure these handle everything in the same way but it depends whether they actually need to do it.
    Login servers handle the queue, I know that. But the server capacity determines the size of the queue. This is why you get Low, Medium, High and Full on your realm selection screen. Now while I'm not a member of the beta club to look at the beta realms and see the realm status, from what I read they are not full with queues waiting for login to character selection screen. High pop realm players will know the queue I'm talking about which occasionally pops on live as well.

Regardless, the first wave of Beta invites was by all means purely random. I reckon that most of the VIP community members were on Alpha to begin with so they automatically get carried to Beta. My beef with Blizzard is that choosing players who are more active and participating in the community overall will net them a better quality test. Even if some will still not participate in the testing process and will just login once or twice to take a peek. The likelihood of active players doing something meaningful with their beta access is much higher than a purely random sample.

Statistics, my friend.

Gamona / Worldofwar.de Keys are sent also
    Last edited by Manta; 2016-05-17 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    Login servers handle the queue, I know that. But the server capacity determines the size of the queue. This is why you get Low, Medium, High and Full on your realm selection screen. Now while I'm not a member of the beta club to look at the beta realms and see the realm status, from what I read they are not full with queues waiting for login to character selection screen. High pop realm players will know the queue I'm talking about which occasionally pops on live as well.
    I have not seen a queue on the beta realms yet, and from what we can gather from the feedback on twitter and on the alpha forums from the devs, it seems the issues its experiencing right now are bugs and not general overload (although a high load has apparently caused the bugs to manifest, but better now than on live)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I have not seen a queue on the beta realms yet, and from what we can gather from the feedback on twitter and on the alpha forums from the devs, it seems the issues its experiencing right now are bugs and not general overload (although a high load has apparently caused the bugs to manifest, but better now than on live)
    Which confirms my theory that the beta wave was either limited or so purely random that participation is really low. It is understandable that the first wave would be limited so as to err on the side of caution and not break the beta realms 100%. But if the next waves are so random or limited then many beta keys will go to waste on random Joe's who cba to even download beta while they play on their PS4 or Xbox. Blizzard really needs to up the criteria of the invitees.

Players who have a Bnet account connected to fan sites, active players still raiding, multi-class max level players, multi profession maxed, high /played time... etc. these are just a few indicators that the player is invested in the game and are a good start for beta testers. It has been stated before that Blizzard has advanced dashboards that give them a good indication of realms and players, they should make use of it to get a better beta testing sample.
    Last edited by facelesssoul; 2016-05-17 at 03:56 PM.

Buffed.de sent their keys out. Happy to announce I got one! <3

Edit: Apparently, the mail was from GameStar. Buffed.de has yet to send their keys out. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Scrubface; 2016-05-17 at 06:11 PM.