Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    I've tried but I cannot find this - could you give us plebs a link?
    https://blizzard-en.wishpond.com/wow-legion/

There's also a europe version, and russian version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    https://blizzard-en.wishpond.com/wow-legion/

There's also a europe version, and russian version.
    Seems weird for them to use a third party website and not give any links on the official website.

Thanks for it, though!

Late to have posted anything, and I didnt bother signing in to put a "No Beta club" picture in my sig, but as of 2 days ago Im officially off the no beta club train!

93 days until Legion comes out. 51 days, supposedly, until prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    93 days until Legion comes out. 51 days, supposedly, until prepatch.
    And probably 21 days until PTR, if we go by normal timelines.
    Beta becoming less relevant by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by aktor View Post
    And probably 21 days until PTR, if we go by normal timelines.
    Beta becoming less relevant by the day.
    BETA was always irrelevant... I was in WotLK, Cata and MoP BETAs and played a combined total of an hour or less between all three. One of the few fun things remaining in WoW is leveling upto cap in a new expansion, doing the new dungeons (about 50 times each in heroic zzz) and doing the new raids. Why anyone would want to take even a little bit of that experience away from themselves is beyond me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabatya View Post
    Why anyone would want to take even a little bit of that experience away from themselves is beyond me lol.
    Some folks want to address their concerns over classes. A ton of people are cautiously optimistic over the game itself, it's just a ton of feedback you see these days is class/spec based. Sometimes you see good feedback, sometimes you see bad.

To a bunch of people who have devoted years to a class/spec, to see their spec suddenly be less appealing to them is a reason to be a little spooked. Beta access is just a means of confirming a lot of fears.

To a bunch of people who have devoted years to a class/spec, to see their spec suddenly be less appealing to them is a reason to be a little spooked. Beta access is just a means of confirming a lot of fears.
    This in particular. I've been a main combat rogue for a while. Since they've butchered it now, I need to find something else.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    This in particular. I've been a main combat rogue for a while. Since they've butchered it now, I need to find something else.

Adding to this, seeing your class/spec get a pretty big overhaul tends to bring pause and leaves you asking questions.

"Is this spec better now? Worse?"

"Will I have to relearn the class?"

"Is this the right direction for the class and/or spec?"

And so on.

I'm usually patient when it comes to betas, and seeing as it's pretty much mid to late beta, it's safe to say that abilities and their effects will make live.

With that in mind, it's easy to see that some folks now have a reason to be spooked, or happy, for the class changes coming. PTR will be coming soon most likely. I wager late June, then prepatch coming late July, followed by release in August.

Something tells me this expansion will make or break a lot of fans of the game.

Adding to this, seeing your class/spec get a pretty big overhaul tends to bring pause and leaves you asking questions.

"Is this spec better now? Worse?"

"Will I have to relearn the class?"

"Is this the right direction for the class and/or spec?"

And so on.

I'm usually patient when it comes to betas, and seeing as it's pretty much mid to late beta, it's safe to say that abilities and their effects will make live.

With that in mind, it's easy to see that some folks now have a reason to be spooked, or happy, for the class changes coming. PTR will be coming soon most likely. I wager late June, then prepatch coming late July, followed by release in August.

Something tells me this expansion will make or break a lot of fans of the game.
    Competitive PvP might actually die with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    why? 10chars
    Bitch Pls

A bit of a bold claim.

A bit of a bold claim.
    A really really bold claim
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    A really really bold claim
    So bold in fact, it might surprisingly be complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    why? 10chars
    Most of the complaints I've seen from friends and other PvPrs are that classes are too simple and boring now, that they've lost a lot of utilities and are mostly dmg bots(most classes, not all). We saw this effect with WoD, and the prune continues with Legion.

IMO PvP isnt getting enough attention honestly. we're 3 months from launch and PvP hasnt really gotten tested because of no dmg tunning so we have tanks running around in PvP being gods, rogues one shotting ppl, DHs needing defensive buffs(LOL they die in a stun). From my understanding blizz said they would be able to make faster balance changes without affecting PvE with the PvP templates, but so far nothing has been done.

There has been almost zero communication with the PvP community on the forums. This was the same case with WoD beta, blizz did almost nothing to fix classes in PvP and let things go live untested like warrior taste for blood one shotting ppl the first season of WoD, Hunter's stampede etc...

I mean, i will still 100% play legion because I enjoy the game, both PvE and PvP, but from what i've seen and heard, Legion PvP is even worse than WoD and that's kindda sad. Do I have hope/faith that blizz will fix all this before the Legion? NOPE.

Again, this is from my point of view, and others might have different opinions.

Competitive pvp will die how exactly?

Having some skills/talents be pvp only make them easier to balance.
    Having PvP stat templates make those easier to balance.
    Making it so gear matters less makes it easier for new players to get into and increases the pool of pvpers, which guess what, helps the competitive scene.
    Fewer skills makes it easier for viewers to watch, follow and enjoy pvp, turning it back into a competitive esport.

Also, there is a pvp progression system that rewards participation beyond, "I have gears now".

How does any of this kill pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the complaints I've seen from friends and other PvPrs are that classes are too simple and boring now, that they've lost a lot of utilities and are mostly dmg bots(most classes, not all). We saw this effect with WoD, and the prune continues with Legion.

IMO PvP isnt getting enough attention honestly. we're 3 months from launch and PvP hasnt really gotten tested because of no dmg tunning so we have tanks running around in PvP being gods, rogues one shotting ppl, DHs needing defensive buffs(LOL they die in a stun). From my understanding blizz said they would be able to make faster balance changes without affecting PvE with the PvP templates, but so far nothing has been done.

There has been almost zero communication with the PvP community on the forums. This was the same case with WoD beta, blizz did almost nothing to fix classes in PvP and let things go live untested like warrior taste for blood one shotting ppl the first season of WoD, Hunter's stampede etc...

I mean, i will still 100% play legion because I enjoy the game, both PvE and PvP, but from what i've seen and heard, Legion PvP is even worse than WoD and that's kindda sad. Do I have hope/faith that blizz will fix all this before the Legion? NOPE.

Again, this is from my point of view, and others might have different opinions.
    They haven't done anything more than 1 wave of tuning. And 3 months is plenty of time now that the systems are all in place to tune and bug fix. We are basically in the last stage of the beta, fine tuning and polishing. And while yes, small bits of content may be added here or there, 3 months is plenty of time for whats needed.

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if teams are already hard at work at patch 7.1 and 7.2 content.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    I thought PvP was already dead ?

Deleted
    This is going too far off topic. Please keep this thread with info about beta invites and nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets pray the MMOC gods bless me with their bountiful harvests of a beta key.