Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    It is manual

I know some dev is spending hundreds of man hours looking over peoples armoury to see how many mythic bosses they have downed, how long they have been subbed, how many blizz products they have purchased including how many pepe plushies they have bought.
    This made me giggle, thanks

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Beeing salty about not getting a beta invite will not get you one either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by lRemedyl View Post
    Beeing salty about not getting a beta invite will not get you one either...
    Didn't say it would, just said I have a reason to be upset about it...
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    no beta club, 11 years running let's gooooooo
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Honestly, this fucking sucks. Everyone and their brother is posting on the forums that they have been invited. But here I am, still lacking beta access. I've checked my account multiple times every day...since November. I'm so sick of being disappointed.

"We have a large wave coming with a ton of invites!"

Yeah, whatever. I don't even know why I bothered getting excited. I always have shit luck.
    People are posting that they got it, what you don't see is EVERY person who plays WoW who hasn't gotten it yet. While it may feel like everyone else is getting in, you have to recognize that more than likely for everyone person you see going "Got it!" there are like 10-20 other players who aren't getting it, some of them might not even care.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, For all those still without beta www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCL9FiAuezk
    |i7-6700k| |GTX 780 FTW Edition| |16GB Corsair DDR4| |ASUS Z170-A|

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting to the point of stupidity, if people who aren't even subbed/haven't played in years get an invite compared to people who actually provide feedback and not run around on the servers doing f*ck all.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Honestly, this fucking sucks. Everyone and their brother is posting on the forums that they have been invited. But here I am, still lacking beta access. I've checked my account multiple times every day...since November. I'm so sick of being disappointed.

"We have a large wave coming with a ton of invites!"

Yeah, whatever. I don't even know why I bothered getting excited. I always have shit luck.
    It's gonna be alright dude. For every 1 person saying they have it, there's a thousand-thousand who AREN'T saying they don't.

It'll be okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    This is getting to the point of stupidity, if people who aren't even subbed/haven't played in years get an invite compared to people who actually provide feedback and not run around on the servers doing f*ck all.
    I'm sure Blizzard is perfectly fine with giving people who have fallen away from WoW a bit of a free sample. They're probably hoping that it'll amount to getting that person back into the game. It's a sound strategy since you can get your testing done AND encourage people to come back to the game.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Its times like these that i take full use of the fact i ave Beta Access to wind up my guildies, my Battlenet friends.

its only a few month and everyone gets to play, so dont worry about it so much.
    Last edited by Licketysplit77; 2016-05-11 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    While I'll agree I'm a bit salty about the inactive accounts as well (Although congrats to those who will use it! ) Blizzard is best served by using the shotgun approach here. Hitting different groups of consumers who play the game in completely different ways. That's the only way to get a great test off. You don't want ONLY a single group or ONLY one type of player.
    Pity you can't upvote posts here.

Those of you whining about those below your "standards" getting it, grow up and show yourselves to actually be someone blizzard would want.
    You currently look like spoilt brats, exactly the sort of person they should be avoiding if they had that sort of control.

It isnt just you or those like you who play the game.
    As much as you may dismiss it, the content relevant to players who aren't you also matters, and is also needing feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm sure Blizzard is perfectly fine with giving people who have fallen away from WoW a bit of a free sample. They're probably hoping that it'll amount to getting that person back into the game. It's a sound strategy since you can get your testing done AND encourage people to come back to the game.
    It is still a gamble, those players might care or not at this point, while most players that wanted beta and have an active sub will get mad. Not sure if it is a good strategy, I bet if they were still waiting for the money from Legion sells and they hadn't seen a penny from Pre orders they would't take the risk and would rather give a month or a week of Legion to those inactive players AFTER Legion is out.

Deleted
    I am not in... and i am so lucky always... like I openend 5 lootboxes in Overwatch and got 3 legendary skins (2 of them in the same box) and 50% of my legendary's in HS where golden why no luck in beta blizzard D:

If you are upset that people like me got an invite with an inactive account...think of it this way. I have played WoW with a non-stop sub since its initial release. I only canceled my sub about 3 months ago bc I have completed all content in this xpac and I was tired of leveling alts (same as a lot of people who went inactive). Thing is Bliz needs feedback from all types of players. One of their main goals with this xpac is to bring old players back to the game. Even more so than with any other xpac imho. Of course they want people who have stopped playing to try it out so they can try to figure out what content/features will bring back old players and what will keep them playing. I,for one, intend to play the **** out of this beta and give as much feedback as possible. I have never been given a beta invite to any bliz game ever either. The "not fair" arguments are silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor View Post
    I am not in... and i am so lucky always... like I openend 5 lootboxes in Overwatch and got 3 legendary skins (2 of them in the same box) and 50% of my legendary's in HS where golden why no luck in beta blizzard D:
    You make me hate you a little for your luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor
    It is still a gamble, those players might care or not at this point, while most players that wanted beta and have an active sub will get mad. Not sure if it is a good strategy, I bet if they were still waiting for the money from Legion sells and they hadn't seen a penny from Pre orders they would't take the risk and would rather give a month or a week of Legion to those inactive players AFTER Legion is out.
    Of course it's a gamble. I'd say it's probably not even a particularly successful gamble , I'm sure most of the people who don't play WoW anymore won't be coming back with a little bit of new stuff. They may have moved on to other MMOs or just other games in general, if not to just a completely new hobby. But I'm sure that they probably get a couple of people to stick around when they do it, if they didn't see any kind of retention gains or testing from people who didn't have an active account they would have stopped doing it ages ago. The fact that they still are doing it means it has some kind of benefit to them.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-05-11 at 06:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    doing refreshes all day.. and still nothing yet.. do any of you guys are from brazil and did you get any invites yet??

While I'll agree I'm a bit salty about the inactive accounts as well (Although congrats to those who will use it! ) Blizzard is best served by using the shotgun approach here. Hitting different groups of consumers who play the game in completely different ways. That's the only way to get a great test off. You don't want ONLY a single group or ONLY one type of player.
    The problem there is the ones whose feedback gets used the most is the ones that get in when things start up. After this long they aren't going to change anything big about anything until after it's live. So at this point it doesn't matter who gets in, however on that point they pretty much take feedback from one group because the top players and streamers are the ones in first always. They make the most amount of changes in the first few months this far after that next nothing but bug fixing and dmg tuning will happen.

Deleted
    You make me hate you a little for your luck...
    I am sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Pity you can't upvote posts here.

Those of you whining about those below your "standards" getting it, grow up and show yourselves to actually be someone blizzard would want.
    You currently look like spoilt brats, exactly the sort of person they should be avoiding if they had that sort of control.

It isnt just you or those like you who play the game.
    As much as you may dismiss it, the content relevant to players who aren't you also matters, and is also needing feedback.
    This so much! You hit the nail on the head. When I first saw this thread a few hours ago it was a mere stream of salty tears, now as the hours go by I find myself floating in a raft in an ocean of tears....and the finger pointing too, don't forget that. This is not the only wave Blizzard will do. So if you don't get in the first wave you might get in the second or third, or fourth ect ect ect. Don't give up but don't post every hour how Blizzard sucks because you're a special snowflake but didn't get invited to the ball at the palace. It's just a game.

When I dont really care for once for beta access... I get it lol.
    Checked cause a friend asked and there was some excitement on guild forums - checked and noticed it was there.