Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down here are reasons why silence penalty is garbage and should never exist in wow

i got fur trader today
    i want to help someone by inviting them
    or even telling them i got fur trader so they can invite me then pass leader
    but i can't invite or talk because i would be silenced
    so i can't help them
    they then have "spammed" chat for 5 hours asking for a fur trader
    they then get silenced for 3 months for "spamming" for asking for a fur trader because i was silenced prior unable to help them

xxcheeseclownxx says: your transmog is trash
    xxclownfartxx says: reported for harrasement newb
    xxclownfartxx reports xxcheeseclownxx
    xxcheeseclownxx silenced for 1 week
    xxcheeseclownxx is upset so they report xxclownfartxx for harrasement as well
    xxcheesefartxx gets silenced 1 month
    xclownnosex noticing how they both randomly stopped talking
    xclownnosex says: haha you're both silenced
    xxcheeseclownxx + xxcheesefartxx then reports xclownnosex for harrasement
    xclownnosex has been silenced for 8 months

all of this due to a sadist GM who loves punishing people

3 people now unable to talk in chat
    they were the only people talking in chat for the entire day due to low population servers
    xdirtbikeprox noticing how chat is empty xdirtbikeprox then has unsubscribed with feedback reason "chat is dead wow is obviously dying why would i pay for a dying game and empty chat"
    it gets worse because then you get a "nice gm" who mistakenly sees how the sadist gm was punishing everyone but the nice gm is told by some other gm to silence based on prior history but that history was falsely created..this shit happens on wow forums everyday
    i got banned for something, then live gm said i did nothing wrong they tried their best to help but couldn't, ticket gm just copy pasted nonsense at me ignoring live gm screenshot i also had lots of people in mmochamp forum post agreeing with me+live gm that i did nothing wrong
    but neverless i got forum silenced based on false prior history

zxmultiboxhaterzx says: multiboxing is terrible please stop cheating
    multiboxrulezone reports zxmultiboxhaterzx for harrasement
    multiboxruleztwo reports zxmultiboxhaterzx for harrasement
    multiboxrulezthree reports zxmultiboxhaterzx for harrasement
    multiboxrulezfour reports zxmultiboxhaterzx for harrasement
    multiboxrulezfive reports zxmultiboxhaterzx for harrasement
    zxmultiboxhaterzx has been silenced for 2 years
    preparedwow reenactment

moderator 1 hates chat spammers especially the kind who use mass whisper to ask for help "lf arena partner 2vs2"
    moderator 2 likes how people utilize the mass whisper chat features blizzard spent a lot of time and money on developing "free roll legacy TK raid lf healers"
    then blizzard fires both gms and makes the silence automated then 5 people who hate 1 person report someone just to get them silenced unfairly
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-07-14 at 03:00 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Don't break the ToS that have not changed and you won't be silenced. Easy concept.

Did you even read the whole article? I dont even know where to start because its clear you didnt.

They said they are going to investigate the reports. Its not going to just be 1. Report and 2. Auto silenced. Thats not whats going to happen. Its not even going to work if only one person reports someone, it has to be multiple people reporting the same person in order for the investigation to even start. If its a multiboxer reporting someone Blizzard will figure that out and not silence that player.

All of those examples you gave are really unrealistic. Why would you ever even ask a multiboxer to stop multiboxing lol, that wouldnt even do anything, not like he or she would stop because you told them to.

Either way, thats not how this system works. Multiple people have to report the same person, case will be investigated, Blizzard will determine if the player who was reported actually did anything wrong. A good way to avoid getting reported is to not be a douchebag or spam trade.

If you were silenced, I doubt you had much worthwhile to say anyways. More should be silenced.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post

*Moderator sees open ticket*
    *Doesn't see an issue*
    *Closes ticket and moves on*

So the game gets harder for the people who are silenced?

Who woulda thunk

First things first... All cases will be reviewed by a human.

Now, by example:

#1 - Shouldn't be an issue so long as you keep the posts distant enough

#2 - Silence isn't instant in the first place, and again with review it should be easy enough to determine who needs the silence

#3 - See #2

#4 - Don't see how either of those cases are an issue. Seems like proper use of the system.

But ultimately, don't be a dick and you should be ok

All of these scenarios seem to depend on the employees monitoring the system having strange grudges against specific types of communication and a raging desire to punish all those who would dare talk to people in that manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Don't break the ToS that have not changed and you won't be silenced. Easy concept.
    but that's the thing
    80-90% of the time i did not break forum rules yet i am being discriminated based on prior history bans that were created by biased gm's and mass reports of people who bully me

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people complaining about silence is people who know they're going to get hit with it. OP is a great example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    All of these scenarios seem to depend on the employees monitoring the system having strange grudges against specific types of communication and a raging desire to punish all those who would dare talk to people in that manner.
    blizzard fired 800 staff due to your description of grudges
    yet blizzard is going back to old ways where you need 800 gms to be able to prevent automated silences
    but you end up with biased unfair silences

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The only people complaining about silence is people who know they're going to get hit with it. OP is a great example.
    that is a false opinion
    heelzvsbaby face agrees and disagrees but mostly dislikes the silence penalty
    16,268 views 711agree with him 165 disagree with him

asmondgold 98% hates silence penalty more than heelzvsbaby face does
    1,427agree with him 330 disagree with him

so obviously you're not fully understanding how this silence penalty is going to actually work jazzhands since there is thousands of people who agree with me on the same subject in their own way

this silence penalty will be abused by players and by game masters and/or by automation

if you believe you won't be effected by it jazzhands then you're blind because it will effect you too
    you need a jc? you can't find one due to them being silenced
    you need a raid carry? too bad the carrier got silenced
    you say how you hate toxic people because you love the silence penalty so you say you will report them? you get silenced for harrasement because 6 toxic people just reported you due to your "threat" and a gm agrees with them and the gm loves silencing anyone and everyone
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-07-14 at 03:09 AM.

but that's the thing
    80-90% of the time i did not break forum rules yet i am being discriminated based on prior history bans that were created by biased gm's and mass reports of people who bully me
    Sounds like you have a problem following rules.

xclownnosex and zxmultiboxhaterzx did nothing wrong.

blizzard fired 800 staff due to your description of grudges
    yet blizzard is going back to old ways where you need 800 gms to be able to prevent automated silences
    but you end up with biased unfair silences

- - - Updated - - -

that is a false opinion
    heelzvsbaby face agrees and disagrees but mostly dislikes the silence penalty
    16,268 views 711agree with him 165 disagree with him

asmondgold 98% hates silence penalty more than heelzvsbaby face does
    1,427agree with him 330 disagree with him

so obviously you're not fully understanding how this silence penalty is going to actually work jazzhands since there is thousands of people who agree with me on the same subject in their own way

this silence penalty will be abused by players and by game masters and/or by automation
    Now there's a surprise. A guy whose channel's popularity is almost entirely from his innumerable "WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD" videos is saying WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD to a proposed change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    xclownnosex and zxmultiboxhaterzx did nothing wrong.
    too bad they are getting silenced because xx number of people notified a gm to "investigate"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Now there's a surprise. A guy whose channel's popularity is almost entirely from his innumerable "WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD" videos is saying WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD to a proposed change!
    yes heelzvsbabyface would be effected by silence feature
    but what about asmondgold? he is a nice guy but hates the feature EVEN MORE than heelz infact he described his video as he dislikes croudsource censorship

Working as intended

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people were silenced automatically and talking in public channels was a privilege you had to earn.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Sounds like you have a problem following rules.
    indeed i do due to child abuse warping my brain
    and thet turns into illegally discriminating against my mental issues if blizzard choose to silence me which then alerts governments when they agree i should not be discriminated against

another reason silence penalty should not exist is because it will discriminate against bipolar people who got reported by bipolar people

10+ Year Old Account
    snip

Oh my, two shitty streamers and their fanbase that blindly follow them dislike something, so clearly its terrible!

Its literally a less punishing ban. Don't act like an asshat, and you won't get silenced. Its fairly simple. I've probably only been reported once or twice in the near 12 years I've been playing WoW. I've never been banned or anything. It's really, really simple.

As for player abuse, it's not going to be any more exploitable than the current report system that we've had in game for a long time now.

indeed i do due to child abuse warping my brain
    and thet turns into illegally discriminating against my mental issues if blizzard choose to silence me which then alerts governments when they agree i should not be discriminated against

another reason silence penalty should not exist is because it will discriminate against bipolar people who got reported by bipolar people
    It's not discrimination to enforce the rules.