Thread: Beta invites

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    i think they should stop with these give aways... just invite more people... cause god... ive talked to a guy who just to be a dick took 4 keys from a website that was "first come first serve" and the people who are allready in, win, then sell them : /

there is a guy on my server selling 2 for gold cap each
    Just nothing you can do. Keys have been selling for over $100 on ebay. It sucks, but just have to deal with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yup. I agree. People can be disgusting that way.

Or you know... have blizzard themselves organise the giveways through battlenet.
    yes it would be nice, they give out a bunch of invites, then they do a giveaway and it cant give it to people who mabye havent played in the past year or more (this way we dont get people who wont even look at it a account)

and to not give it to people who have one active...

but then really they should just change their algorythm, so people who havent had a account active for 1 year, mabye 6 months wont get beta acsess
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I don't expect an invite wave until next month.
    Next month the 7.0 ptr will likely be up. While its not beta it will give most players what they are looking for about a legion preview. If they wait that long it will be near useless invs.

This is the first time they've got to beta and it be this close to the pre patch making this whole mess even more stupid.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-05-21 at 03:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I LOST SWIFTY'S SCAVENGER HUNT BY 2 POSTS!!!. So much for just 1 key. Simply unlucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Next month the 7.0 ptr will likely be up. While its not beta it will give most players what they are looking for about a legion preview. If they wait that long it will be near useless invs.

This is the first time they've got to beta and it be this close to the pre patch making this whole mess even more stupid.
    Next month pre day 10 ? middle month ?
    Bitch Pls

Deleted
    Entered Wowhead, Icy Veins and Eurogamer giveaways (+ some random "retweet this for chance to win a key") and so far I've not won anything. Had a couple of heart attacks due to Blizzard and Eurogamer newsletters / trolling, haha. Starting to loose hope, guess I'll continue to level my alts and show up for the weekly HFC Mythic. Woe is me.

Deleted
    meh, entered all possible giveaways still no luck :/ anybody know any giveaways that are going on rn other than wowhead?

Entered several giveaways... didnt even get 1 beta invite since playing this game (2009).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    hmmmm Now I have the weekend off (perks of the job) and no Beta I have to find something to play :3 Mad Max? DOOM? WC3 Frozen Throne? Choices
    Same, but GTA V for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samthewam View Post
    Entered several giveaways... didnt even get 1 beta invite since playing this game (2009).
    You and everyone else. It sucks, but we just got to be patient and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    This is what I am seeing across the board.

I know a circle of friends/guildmates of about thirty. About half of which I talk to at least a few times a week. Out of that, the six I know that got beta invites had unsubbed months ago while none of which that I know still subscribe have received one.

I am not saying this is an absolute rule across the board nor my sample size is remotely definitive but it reflects the usual Blizzard marketing of the last few years; throw everything in to getting the prodigal sons/daughters back in to the fold while treating those who remained loyal with general disinterest. Also now that we are in the beta proper we can expect a lot less interest from Blizzard in actual feedback on changes and the whole exercise being more of marketing tool/stress test based on past betas. As sleazy as it feels, to be fair, it really isn't all that surprising either.

Part of me would like to see if there is a correlation between those who have/have not preordered Legion yet and those who have/have not received a beta invite but the other half of me knows it would make zero difference either way. Blizzard will do what Blizzard does and with WoW so close to its twilight, I doubt they are going to have any sort of epiphany when it comes to the treatment of its loyal customer base.
    I have not pre-ordered Legion, Overwatch or any other blizzard game beyond purchases of WoW Collector's Editions from another online store.
    Therefore lack of a pre-order does not exclude you.
    I am currently subbed through tokens, so a subscription does not exclude you.

People should stop looking for arbitrary patterns to explain it given how ALL of those have been dismissed already if the comments are to be believed.
    Subbed or unsubbed, previous beta feedback, raid progress, pre-orders, etc.

None of which are going to guarantee either exclusion or inclusion in the Legion Beta.
    This is my first random pick for a WoW beta, and my second random blizzard beta invite aside from Hearthstone.

Beta benefits from a wide variety of feedback, which does mean players other than those who feel "entitled" to it.
    Actually it could do without players like that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-21 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I just checked my second email account and found a beta key I got from GameStar, a german PC gaming magazine, over one week ago. It was still valid. Still, I feel like a moron.

I received one from Eurogamer, however I was too stupid to check my spam folder and it showed up in there like 4 days ago. Thank god it didn't expire :P
    A few of my friends just flat out bought their keys on Ebay and stuff like that which I guess works too. I have a few keys I got from giveaways tho so I got rather lucky this beta round.

Also, if anyone is interested I have a few keys I'm selling more or less, so PM me if you'd like info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Draenor View Post
    I received one from Eurogamer, however I was too stupid to check my spam folder and it showed up in there like 4 days ago. Thank god it didn't expire :P
    A few of my friends just flat out bought their keys on Ebay and stuff like that which I guess works too. I have a few keys I got from giveaways tho so I got rather lucky this beta round.

Also, if anyone is interested I have a few keys I'm selling more or less, so PM me if you'd like info.
    some people enter so many giveaways and get nothing while some people get a lot and start selling them. nice.

yes, i'm salty

What are we supposed to do with the keys? Technically they are ours for winning them in the first place. If we're lucky enough to get an excess of something valuable, of course people are going to sell it.

Fuck off with key selling advertisements, thank you very much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Draenor View Post

for? cause i would be interested : /
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    do whatever you want with your extra keys, i was just being salty, entered so many giveaways and won absolutely nothing while you for example not only got 1 but more. idk :/

7+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that if you have extra keys you gave them away, Blizzard sent out those keys assuming that they would be used, not held on to until they sell it. Again they are yours and you can do what you want with them, but the only moral action would be to give them away imo (especially since these were contests most of us entered, if you hadn't entered them even after getting in the beta, maybe one of those keys would have gone to us.)

Also, I am not trying to sound whiny in this post, just expressing my view on the subject.

7+ Year Old Account
    log off and move away.
    sell your keys on ebay and dont advertise it in places like this.
    bad enough people have to sell it, but advertising it and rubbing that shit in peoples faces is just stupid, even worse if some those people dont have money to buy one because people sell them for 200 fcking bucks.

/SaltOff

Formerly known as Arafal