Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Limiting to One hero per team.

I personally have fun stacking heroes now and then, but also hate it when we get a team of people blasting us with duplicate ultimates.

Example: D.Va Defense.

I know it's not that hard to deal with, but still it makes the game fun for us and terrible to them.

I think limiting heroes to one per team would fix the issue.

Deleted
    You mean a 1v1?

On a more serious note: ranked will probably limit this. Also custom matches.

I mean. You can have only one tracer on your team, one mercy etc.

Some Duplicate Ultimates and hero abilities used simultaneously or in sequence are a tough to beat combo.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You mean a 1v1?

On a more serious note: ranked will probably limit this. Also custom matches.
    He means only 1 Mcree, genji, tracer, etc. per team to avoid massive stacking.

Personally I'd say maybe 2 max

Deleted
    A friend and I were discussing this last night actually. We just watched a final to one of the beta tournaments and one of the teams were running 3 Winston's, it was obviously next to unstoppable for the opposing team. Also it actually wasn't fun to watch, in the slightest. They really need to add a cap on competitive, even if it's 2 per team. It will make the game easier to balance from Blizzards perspective, plus make the game more fun to play for the majority.

I'd stick to anything goes in normal games though as it's pretty fun to mess around when there's nothing but a win or loss at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    A friend and I were discussing this last night actually. We just watched a final to one of the beta tournaments and one of the teams were running 3 Winston's, it was obviously next to unstoppable for the opposing team. Also it actually wasn't fun to watch, in the slightest. They really need to add a cap on competitive, even if it's 2 per team. It will make the game easier to balance from Blizzards perspective, plus make the game more fun to play for the majority.

I'd stick to anything goes in normal games though as it's pretty fun to mess around when there's nothing but a win or loss at stake.
    Exactly this.

Game definitely needs this, too many Widows just becomes annoying.

New players always seem to pick widow or tracer. It's super annoying lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should limit to one hero only when you Premade! Because this won't happen in PuGs.

Premade always ruins everything.

Deleted
    It's needed, certain maps are so easily won because of stacking two heroes reinhardt and bastion, you can tunnel everyone down before they even realize you are in range, and they don't need particularly good aim because bastion is probably the easiest hero you can kill people with.

Nothing stops you for doing the same thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nothing stops you for doing the same thing
    Doing what same thing, a bit vague You mean you can already limit your team to 1-2 per hero?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our enemy team did a torbjorn/double bastion/symmetra combo to defend. They won that round.

We took revenge and defended that turn with 5 bastions+mercy while they tried to 4x reaper us with pharah and mercy. They lost that round.

So fight cheese strats with cheese :P

But on some level I agree. Nothing more annoying then not being able to get an objective because u have double widowmaker+hanzo on your side...

Doing what same thing, a bit vague You mean you can already limit your team to 1-2 per hero?
    If you feel like having a certain setup is OP during combat you can have the same heroes or their counters and do the same thing.

it kind of feels like a restriction that doesn't really serve a point. Like the guy below you said, you can just counter cheese with your cheese.

If you feel like having a certain setup is OP during combat you can have the same heroes or their counters and do the same thing.

it kind of feels like a restriction that doesn't really serve a point. Like the guy below you said, you can just counter cheese with your cheese.
    There's a big argument for fun/entertainment - particularly if blizzard wants this to be anything of an esport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted

Go watch some of the tournament matches, there's a few comps that the other team really couldn't handle. Not to mention, in terms of esports, watching 3 Winston's jump around lasering stuff won't get very far, as it's boring af to watch. Also, there's going to be CLEAR imbalances with having multiple of the same character. Why do you think every other professional platform avoids it? League of Legends/Dota being prime examples.

Go watch some of the tournament matches, there's a few comps that the other team really couldn't handle. Not to mention, in terms of esports, watching 3 Winston's jump around lasering stuff won't get very far, as it's boring af to watch. Also, there's going to be CLEAR imbalances with having multiple of the same character. Why do you think every other professional platform avoids it? League of Legends/Dota being prime examples.
    A outright ban usually doesn't happen because it's extreme, it's more likely that Blizzard does some changes that targets synergy or in case of pre-made groups just prevents limited changes to heroes.

Also the game itself isn't even out yet, current state of the game is like PTR and live. In WoW things that look strong in PTR usually ends up being normal in live because people end up finding counters.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. Heck, one of the biggest issues with having unlimited stacks of some Heroes is that it creates issues like when people ran 6 Winstons back when his shield was still at 1000 health. They nerfed it to 600 because of that team comp despite that a solo tank Winston was not exceptionally powerful, so now we have a tank that can not really solo tank that well when compared to a powerhouse like Reinhardt. If Blizzard wants this game to be competitive they are going to have to limit the Hero stacking or they will have to nerf the individual Heroes which I think is an even worse idea.

Also the game itself isn't even out yet, current state of the game is like PTR and live. In WoW things that look strong in PTR usually ends up being normal in live because people end up finding counters.
    This is more valid than a game like overwatch than WoW, but the reason things look strong in PTR but ends up normal in wow is it got nerfed, pretty much always. (or somehting else buffed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    A outright ban usually doesn't happen because it's extreme, it's more likely that Blizzard does some changes that targets synergy or in case of pre-made groups just prevents limited changes to heroes.

Well they have already nerfed tons of characters to the ground in comparison to the start of the Alpha. I strongly believe they will put a cap on for competitive play as they want this game to succeed as an Esport. Lots of "professional" Overwatch players have already addressed the issue the OP has raised in this thread. I'm sure Blizzard will listen and make adjustments accordingly, as they have absolutely nailed every aspect of community feedback so far.

Jeff Kaplan is a king among men