Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I support selfies. It's a public declaration of idiocy, not as good a wearing a badge, but a first step to knowing who to not care for :P. /hipster

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ies_and_deaths

ALL mobile phones need to be forbidden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    ALL mobile phones need to be forbidden.
    You do understand that there used to be cell/mobile phones that did not have a camera, right? How about we just go back to a time where a phone was for calling.

I was happy with my 6110 back in 1998.

No camera. No bullshit. Just calls and SMS'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I've been to 4 countries in the last few weeks and the number of people taking selfies is just ridiculous.

You can't go anywhere, especially tourist sites without it being ruined by all the selfies. Even worse is the selfie stick.

It's like people aren't even enjoying the actual moment of being where they are but are only focused of a good photo to post on instagram.

What a sad state of affairs.
    Selfies aren't actually " ruining " anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You do understand that there used to be cell/mobile phones that did not have a camera, right? How about we just go back to a time where a phone was for calling.
    Agreed, the vast majority of mobile phone owners don't even need one, they were intended only for businessmen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I only see (young) women take selfies. And Asian tourists in Amsterdam of course.
    I see them all the time central station more like selfie station amirite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I only see (young) women take selfies. And Asian tourists in Amsterdam of course.
    Guys do it too

lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Guys do it too

lol
    Last week's Friday in the underground shopping passage of the Munich central station. I just came down the staircase and 2 guys were taking a selfie together in the middle of the way. There wasn't even anything interesting in the background. It's definitely not a girls only thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Selfies aren't actually " ruining " anything
    Really? Look at the outlash against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only ugly people hate selfies. slap some filters on it and you'll be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Whats really sad is all the people that don't have the hindsight to take selfies in dangerous conditions and end up killing themselves.
    At least that's a self correcting problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    When I saw this thread I was immediately going to come in and post a selfie, but I see it's already been done. Good good. Carry on.
    haha feel free to post your selfies too

It's quite interesting how OP is angry at one of the oldest expressions through art, something as simple as a self-portrait.

Obviously it has been made a lot easier in recent years to take a spontaneous self-portrait, bringing forth a cult-like mentality, but it's by no means "worse" than other ways of self-expression through art or photography.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say that it is definitely an annoying thing to see but it's a very minor thing and honestly I hardly ever see it in public all that much enough for me to think that selfies are getting out of control. I mean yeah maybe a couple times but it's not like hundreds of people are doing it everyday like some sort of zombie outbreak. Also think back to the days when people took pictures with cameras. It was basically the same thing back then as well except people had to get tripods or awkwardly hold the camera so it is facing them. It's just that now it's much easier for people to do it and it's more accessible now so naturally you're going to see more people doing it. You've never really seen kids back then with those bulky cameras taking pictures of themselves, it was mostly adults. Now that these cellphones have become more of a multimedia device kids are attracted to it and are getting them not only for their entertainment but also so they can contact their friends easily and call their parents for emergencies.

So as annoying as it is it's just the way the world is now and you just have to accept it because no one is going to care what you or I think.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-05-13 at 04:15 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Only ugly people get mad about selfies #hardfacts
    Prove it? I see a lot of normal people who don't like them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it? I see a lot of normal people who don't like them as well.
    I can't see what they look like since they won't take a selfie ergo they are ugly. Checkmate

So are your clickbait threads but here they are still.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I can't see what they look like since they won't take a selfie ergo they are ugly. Checkmate
    Some people just aren't photogenic. Even if they aren't ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

There's also a large "outlash" against political correctness. It doesn't mean we all start to punish people who want to prevent use of the n-words and f-words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    same age
    rascals.
    -le wrong generation
    -anime avatar

wow you're just as bad as these rascals

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting