Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Part of the experience of doing the raids and learning the fights, etc... was to obtain new cool models (weapons or gear), in this expansion that became nullified by making LFR gear have the same generic looks that you can find outside the raids.

In the past the LFR fights used to drop recolored versions of the original models in normal/heroic/mythic (with this difficulty having some extra cool visuals on the items dropped).

For example Blackhand drops:

In LFR - The Blackhand "Forgehammer" (some cheap knock off)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116391/b...#same-model-as

And in Normal - Heroic - Mythic - The Blackhand (The Warlord Blackhand's own weapon)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113979/t...#same-model-as

This same thing happens with the tier sets. If you don't have time to do real raids (Normal through Mythic), at least you had time to get some quick LFRs... even if they dropped some cheap recolored versions of the real Tier sets all my alts could at least get some of those looks.

So, I could be doing all the LFRs the same way I did till the end of the MoP expack for these things, but this isn't the case with Warlords :P
    Last edited by pkdrdoom; 2016-05-15 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Hardcore raiders attract people to play the game. Many of the "Casual" players around are friends and family of raiders, and generally speaking, people quit the game fairly quickly when they feel like they've "Beaten" it. The new Mythic+ dungeons are likely to attract "good" casual players who can't commit time to join a larger group, and hopefully blizz can expand that experiment.
    PVP players also attract people to play the game. Not only high rated arena players but also players who doing pvp movies based on Random BGs,Duels, and World PVP.

I Blizzard wants to create a Raiding MMO, let them create their Raiding MMO. It's their game. They didn't make a Pokemon game, they added a Pokemon mini-game. They didn't create a PVP game, they included PVP (and made it extremely optional, to begin with).

Blizzard isn't in the business of creating, updating, maintaining a different game for millions of different players. They're working with their vision for a game. If that game does not appeal to you, it's really, really not up to Blizzard to change their game to suit your needs. It's your responsibility to find the game that's right for you, if there are even any games like that out there right now.

I don't say this in a, "If you don't like the game, QUIT! Leave those of us who enjoy that game alone! Stop whining!" sort of way. But it seems like there's a growing population of people who seem to think Blizzard exists to serve them, however they may feel, however many million different directions their variety of customers might want to pull them. That's not why Blizzard exists. They're a company, those in charge have an idea, a story to share, and they have the resources to create and maintain and share that story in game form. If that story is terrible, then let it die on its own terms - and then Blizzard or another company can come along with better vision, a better game, and sweep another tide of people up in another game entirely.

The WoW team, Blizzard, want a raider's game. They make a raider's game. That raider's game took them through over a decade of popularity, surprises, and enough profits to make continuing to make a raider's game worth their while. It may not be worth your personal time, but clearly it continues to be enough for them. It may not last a whole lot longer, but give them the credit they're due and recognize that just because you want to turn a yard of fabric into a comforter rather than a quilt doesn't mean they're obliged to make you a comforter when they've chosen to go into the quilt making business. (or was that too random a comparison? ah well)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

7+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. A large portion of the player base are PvPers and I suspect the majority of guilds that do PvE are casual guilds that are lucky to clear heroic before the end of the raid tier, there are also a large amount of players that do neither. I hope Blizzard puts some more resoucres into content other than PvE and PvP in Legion. Professions are looking promising, as well as the random world events.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question: Does a game has to "adapt" to what the public wants or can a game decide to be what it wants to be and finds its public.
    It's no secret that one of the most popular genre is FPS games. And one of the least popular is strategy game.

Does that means that game like xcom, starcraft or civilization shouldn't been done because only a minority plays it. Should the civilization 6 be an multiplayer FPS game because market orientation?

I know i'm reasoning by the absurd, but if WoW wants to be PVE team based game prioritary, offering rich raiding environement, that is the game it wants to be, period. And it shall find its public.

if develloper would only make game based on genre that sells better, the video game panorama would be incredibly narrow and many genre would disappear over overnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some ppl say that "no one doing pvp in WOW" but thats not true

There is WOW pvp tournaments on Blizzcon, and each BG have like 20-30 or even 80 ppl, and if you block AV+IOC as Horde in example and queue for Random BG queue will be only 1min. You can just for testing purpse leave that BG and queue for another on another char same way, and very likely will get into another BG, means there is alot different BGs with different ppl going at same time (at least during Peak times like Evenings during Weekends)

Few ppl also doing low lvl bgs, especially 60lvl-99lvl ones

Apart from Random bgs there is Also 2x2,3x3,5x5 arenas,Arena Skirmishes,Ashran,Rated Bgs, World PVP and Duels.