Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Do you use addons or macros? Im gonna guess the answer is yes. In which case everything you said previously and presently is void. Some of the things I can do with a macro or an addon or the combination of the 2 is pretty amazing and probably not intended either.
    No, I don't actually, and even if I did, the existence of one does not justify the existence of the other. One team stealing signs in baseball does not justify sharpening the spikes on one's cleats.

Not to mention that Blizzard hasn't been actively attempting to eliminate cast canceling.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2016-05-18 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    No, I don't actually, and even if I did, the existence of one does not justify the existence of the other. One team stealing signs in baseball does not justify sharpening the spikes on one's cleats.
    So you don't use addons or macros? At all? you're bone stock vanilla UI? Truly don't believe that and you'll never convince me otherwise.

And its not really a justification so much as me telling you you cant have it both ways. But I think you have a false perception of what an exploit is - does it break the game? Fel rush fire = exploit. Animation cancelling in itself ≠ exploit
    Science the shit out of it!

So you don't use addons or macros? At all? you're bone stock vanilla UI? Truly don't believe that and you'll never convince me otherwise.

And its not really a justification so much as me telling you you cant have it both ways. But I think you have a false perception of what an exploit is - does it break the game? Fel rush fire = exploit. Animation cancelling in itself ≠ exploit
    I have no problem with the default UI and I would be thrilled if Blizzard broke DBM and other add-ons like it.

Ok so this is a you problem. Not an actual ethical problem. You feel the game should be one way, and because it is not, everyone else that plays the game in any other way that isn't your way is immoral. Seems legit. And bigoted.

It is an ethical problem, or have you not heard the life vs theft dichotomy. Y'all just come down on different sides of an argument as old as math.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Can we please move on? to the much, much needed discussion on how you cannot Illusion enchant Artifacts anymore! /gasp

Goodbye Fiery Glaives with Executioner Illusion..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    Nah, it just limits the range of how far it takes you since part of the distance is wasted in jump animation. It's a mobility talent to extend roll's range at it's base, (and what it gets turned back into for Legion) that just also happens to damage/heal anything it travels through. Essentially you're just burning off some distance of the travel by jumping first so that you can reverse directions with it and blast back through the enemy. It doesn't do any fancy stuff like going through objects. About the fanciest thing it does it throw you off Iskar's platform while nuking adds with it, or take you off of Mythic Archi platform when you forget to untalent it.
    Actually you can glitch Chi Torpedo in the same manner as you do Fel Rush currently (sans the damage shooting forward while remaining still) to effectively heal a stacked raid without actually moving any distance at all. You actually do it in the exact same manner as well with hitting Chi Torpedo and then immediately jumping so that it cancels the animation. You're thinking of the method where you jump and then only shoot forward half the distance (which to be honest if they made a way for Fel Rush/VR to half their distances the way Roll/Chi Torpedo function that would be so good and would make everyone happy).

@Orloth Isn't this where you're supposed to chime in and tell everyone to calm their tits and quit with the inflammatory posts and to keep this thread civil?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Can we please move on? to the much, much needed discussion on how you cannot Illusion enchant Artifacts anymore! /gasp

Goodbye Fiery Glaives with Executioner Illusion..
    Really? that seems like an odd thing to do ...

Im always civil and I concur. Move the train along ha

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im always civil and I concur. Move the train along ha
    Trains are heavy, you're asking too much.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    @Orloth Isn't this where you're supposed to chime in and tell everyone to calm their tits and quit with the inflammatory posts and to keep this thread civil?
    I thought y'all were having quite a nice and civil debate, actually, even if it a cliche one. But I've found that just posting something benign has that affect anyway. People behave themselves when they notice Mom is watching. It's just instinct.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    I thought y'all were having quite a nice and civil debate, actually, even if it a cliche one. But I've found that just posting something benign has that affect anyway. People behave themselves when they notice Mom is watching. It's just instinct.
    Momloth is watching sounds like a scary movie.

You're not my mom!

...if you are my mom, can i please have cake for dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Actually you can glitch Chi Torpedo in the same manner as you do Fel Rush currently (sans the damage shooting forward while remaining still) to effectively heal a stacked raid without actually moving any distance at all. You actually do it in the exact same manner as well with hitting Chi Torpedo and then immediately jumping so that it cancels the animation. You're thinking of the method where you jump and then only shoot forward half the distance (which to be honest if they made a way for Fel Rush/VR to half their distances the way Roll/Chi Torpedo function that would be so good and would make everyone happy).
    Right, he was asking if ChiTorp went through arena pillars. If it does, that's some voodoo that I've never seen. I don't mess with it in Havoc, but I know all about doing it with a Monk.

I think it stops being friendly when you start calling people weasels and disgusting

Either way, there are plenty of places to have moral debates about game mechanics and how DBM is cheating. Personally, I'd prefer not to see that here.

Why not? It's relevant. It's how the spec currently works, which is what the thread is for.

For those who haven't taken Philosophy 101: Say someone you love is dying and you can save them with $50 worth of medicine, but you don't have money or insurance or a friend to borrow it from. Do you steal the medicine?

1) Yes, because I want to.
    2) No, that would be against the law.
    3) Yes, because a life is worth more then $50 and a broken window.

Cooper is making argument #2. Most of y'all are making argument #1, and trying to define away the issue. Take a stand, what makes animation canceling worth it to you? Here's a secret: Different people value different things.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Why not? It's relevant. It's how the spec currently works, which is what the thread is for.

For those who haven't taken Philosophy 101: Say someone you love is dying and you can save them with $50 worth of medicine, but you don't have money or insurance or a friend to borrow it from. Do you steal the medicine?

Cooper is making argument #2. Most of y'all are making argument #1, and trying to define away the issue. Take a stand, what makes animation canceling worth it to you? Here's a secret: Different people value different things.
    <Mind Blown Meme>

Please don't ban me! It fits so well!
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-05-18 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Slap on the wrist

I don't mind that argument being made - I mind the fact that it's being made with "anyone who does this should be banned because they're ruining the game and they're disgusting selfish people who can't think past their own noses".

I won't use the fel rush even if it stays in.. it's exploitive and annoying to boot. But I won't look down on those that use it in a non-exploitive area, such as raiding, where you're not going to miss many CDs anyway the way I would someone that was using it to shoot damage at someone in PvP / a trapped rare.

I'm firmly in the same camp as Van here, I hate dicking about with this cancelling crap, but to the people who want to go to that extra effort - more power to you. The old way of doing VR was fine, it was easy and added very little to the thought process, anything more complicated than that can get fucked.

I REALLY don't want this community to devolve to what my old group (DK's) has become. The bickering in that forum has made me a sad panda.

Deleted
    They should really do something about this 20 sec interrupt, 15 secs would be more ideal in a raiding sense. I wouldn't even care if they gutted the whole fury gen on it just to be so. At the same time anyone who played warrior for the last few expansions had 6% on pummel but if its justifiable they lose their damage on interrupt why not here.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question for testers: Do the lesser soul fragments from DA benefit from the glyphs that alter the appearance of regular shattered souls?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azril View Post
    They should really do something about this 20 sec interrupt, 15 secs would be more ideal in a raiding sense. I wouldn't even care if they gutted the whole fury gen on it just to be so. At the same time anyone who played warrior for the last few expansions had 6% on pummel but if its justifiable they lose their damage on interrupt why not here.
    A talent for this would be awesome IMO. Reduced CD in exchange for reduced/ removed fury generation.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...