Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I didn't replace my SoO gear until 97.
    The Garrosh heirlooms have insane ilevel compared to the quests. I believe it's 620. It can not be replaced by almost any regular quest item if any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The Garrosh heirlooms have insane ilevel compared to the quests. I believe it's 620. It can not be replaced by almost any regular quest item if any.
    I was referring to my Mythic gear. I used the Heirloom til heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by User Deleted - View Post
    Here's an example of what I mean: link.
    That item results in this tooltip on beta:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they're not going to scale gear back to make mythic the same as normal.

it's never happened before. it's likely just a database error on the website.
    We haven't heard anything about it yet. Not from Blizzard or wowhead.

Blizzard does such stupid things so often, that I wouldn't be surprised.

on beta.

all bosses:
    normal gear is 690ilvl including archimonde
    heroic gear is 705ilvl including archimonde
    mythic gear is 720ilvl including archimonde

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    It is probably a bug related to how new Legion items have upgrades themselves. When you click on a boss (Like archimonde, for example) in wowhead, the items that it drops have multiple versions, like 9-10. That means they are something along the lines of
    Normal +0, +1, +2 (Valor Upgrades)
    Heroic +0, +1, +2
    Mythic +0, +1, +2

Calamity´s Edge on Legion would follow the logic:
    Normal +0 (+0) = 705 ilvl
    Normal +1 (+1) = 710 ivl
    Normal +2 (+2) = 715 ilvl
    Heroic +0 (+3) = 720 ilvl
    Heroic +1 (+4) = 725 ilvl
    Heroic +2 (+5) = 730 ilvl
    Mythic +0 (+6) = 735 ilvl
    Mythic +1 (+7) = 740 ilvl
    Mythic +2 (+8) = 745 ilvl

Wowhead is only getting the first iteration of the new system. They probably fix it only next to release build or after blizzard says they won't change the items system.

Is there any article out there where the new legion loot system is explained for poor non-beta user like me?

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Is there any article out there where the new legion loot system is explained for poor non-beta user like me?
    I actually don't know if that's accurate, i just thought it works that way because of the number of different versions of the item are on wowhead's database.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, hey, if it ain't broken, BREAK IT! I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the squish everything else accordingly. Otherwise it really wouldn't be fair...like at all. It would really feel like they spit all over this drought. I don't care if we replace it quickly but it's not cool that we'd lose the progress we'd made on our chars running mythic and others just sit there laughing like hey your gear isn't much better then mine and mine was just baleful.

Either way, i hope they don't do this. It would be more frustrating then anything.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    on beta.

all bosses:
    normal gear is 690ilvl including archimonde
    heroic gear is 705ilvl including archimonde
    mythic gear is 720ilvl including archimonde
    Did you kill bosses and saw the loot or just saw the loot in Dungeon Journal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Journal I'm certain. I don't think anyone in the right mind would raid HFC in beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Dungeon Journal I'm certain. I don't think anyone in the right mind would raid HFC in beta.
    It's very common to run old content in developer builds, just not the most popular activity.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's very common to run old content in developer builds, just not the most popular activity.
    Anything you can solo or small group sure, but finding 10 people to run Normal/Heroic, or even 20 for Mythic ... maybe not quite as likely.

Anyway, until we get character copy (or someone does in fact run HFC on beta), we won't know if this is just a display fluke based on the changes to how ilvl bonus offsets are set in the beta. Once we can character copy and items do in fact end up lower than on live, it might be worth reporting as a bug. There is no logical reason why they should want to reduce them, all that gear is replaced within a handful levels either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not matter, you start getting ilvl 750 stuff at around level 104 already.

By 107 you will probably replace almost everything already.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and wait to get some actual hard information on whether this is a display issue or if the iLvls have actually been changed before I start investing any amount of energy to thinking about it, let alone worrying.

I wouldn't mind it. Even having 3 toons fully decked out in mythic gear, it was pretty discouraging to not replace anything from MoP until i was 98. Even then it was barely an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I wouldn't mind it. Even having 3 toons fully decked out in mythic gear, it was pretty discouraging to not replace anything from MoP until i was 98. Even then it was barely an upgrade.
    I didn't raid in SOO but for example from Cata -> MOP you weren't replacing gear because each piece had up to 3 sockets and extra stat from an enchant, so often a quest reward wasn't worth the swapping, only prob was your HP was kinda lower than it should in zone-equivalent gear. I didn't replace Cata gear until Dread Wastes, maybe Townlong some items... I presume MOP -> WOD was same.

Now WOD gear doesn't have 3 sockets and enchant on every piece. Few things are gonna be worth keeping and judging from the fate of MOP cloak and immerseus trinket we won't keep our leggies and trinkets for long either. Blizzard already said HFC trinkets will be nerfed in 7.0.

So i ended up talking to a GM about a raid lockout bug and took the opportunity to ask them about this. I was told that it's basically a bug and ilvl shouldn't be effected. As it stands right now leveling on beta, even at level 100 an epic quest drop is 705. I saw a guy running around at 104 that was already 734 ilvl, so it appears we can replace stuff earlier than thought.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last pieces you're gonna replace anyway are your tier and the legendary ring.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Well it is quite apparent you're out of touch with how legion levelling works, even if item level didn't get reduced by 30 ilvl your 740 ilvl gear would have been replaced by level 104, now it will get replaced by level 101 instead.
    um, what? the only thing replacing mythic hfc gear at 101 is the weapon
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore