Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's just retarded. My main has about 16,000 gold and I'm not paying a gold to change the spec.

During an average mythic raid evening I swap between heal spec and dps spec like 7-8 times. Thats 350 gold ontop the repairs, pots, flasks, food etc? hot damn.

And to those saying it adds fantasy. How does changing spec in the middle of nowhere and dropping some cash for that make sense? I throw it up in the air and it transforms into some magical spec swapper?

Makes more sense that after all these years and training we can do all specs freely, the only reason you have specs is so your character focusses his/her mind on that field of expertiese for the coming fights (so get into a holy mindset or a shadow mindset for a priest) boosting their affinity with those spells. Hence the specs.

last time I checked is like you currently respeccing at trainer on live, buildup was kinda the same, but what I read today was nice, if you signup on queue as tank you automaticly switch that spec for that run for free... wich is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Better respec from my healer spec so I can do my daillies to make gold... Oh wait.
    That's the cost to change specs... but what about our pre-saved specs? There's a difference between changing one of your specs, and switching to your other pre-saved spec... god the terminology is confusing here. For legion, what is the difference between activating a dual spec & changing one of your dual spec's spec? See why the terminology is weird?

What if your dual spec is the same spec with a different build? Are we just not allowed different builds anymore? Is it just a cumulative charge anytime we want to change specs? And your build is locked in from the last time you used it? Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    doesnt matter if people have the gold for it, its extremly unfair for people who play two specs, specially after we had dual spec for good 6-7years
    What about 3 specs? I liked doing:

Prot: Dungeons/raids
    Arms: PVP
    Fury: World stuff

But with this change I will have to pay lots of gold just to switch.... for an arbitrary reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    Read the whole thing people. Calm down.

"Characters can queue up as any role that is available to their class and will automatically switch to the suitable specialization when entering the Dungeon, Raid, Battleground, or Arena without any gold cost. For example, a paladin might be questing as Retribution but queue up in Dungeon Finder as a Tank. When the paladin enters the dungeon, they will automatically switch to Protection."
    Just remove the gold cost and this wouldn't be an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Xela903 View Post
    Well back in the Vanilla days you picked a spec and almost never changed from it. Mostly because the game had very bad design on balance and you just would never be able to raid as certain specs. Also because swapping from a Arms warrior to a prot warrior means you have to go auto attack shit for 1 or 2 hours to get weapon skills lvl'd up. But they did change this in Legion you pick a class and can freely swap specs beside from a minor gold cost that you never even notice.
    If we won't notice it, then why do it?

Screw the way they did specs in Vanilla, it sucked. I hope they never go back to that, it was fine if you were dps I guess. It wasn't so much if you were a tank or healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    Problem is dual spec at least let you try out things FOR FREE and prepare the action bar to a comfortable setting. Now there is a prohibitive gold cost to jumping into your offspec and then back into the main. Its all about negative reinforcement.

I can imagine5 man guild groups just forming so people can make adjustments to their offspec without the gold cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That doesn't add any meaning at all.
    Really, all it adds is a cost, nothing more. I will never miss the gold, that's not my problem. My issue with it, is that it doesn't fix anything. It's just a silly change.

I agree, it is pointless. Hopefully its just an insignificant amount of gold, because I swap specs pretty regularly right now. What are they doing about talents?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I agree, it is pointless. Hopefully its just an insignificant amount of gold, because I swap specs pretty regularly right now. What are they doing about talents?
    Talents are completely free to change around whenever you want, no reagent.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy48 View Post
    Really, all it adds is a cost, nothing more. I will never miss the gold, that's not my problem. My issue with it, is that it doesn't fix anything. It's just a silly change.
    And I agree. Nothing is broken. Its disingenuous to act like it hurts spec identity or causes specs to stop being unique. A small gold cost doesn't "fix" that "problem."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it feel like they're making running multiple specs less and less appealing? First artifacts (spending your stuff on your offspec's weapon means not spending on your main), now this. Even if it was a static 10g, this is ridiculous, especially since those of us who bought dual spec have been doing it for free after a fee (originally 1000g) since Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    artifact is already a big problem for respec

basically we had a 2spec system and now we'll have 1 spec sytem

it's like coming back to the rigid system we had in vanilla

who the hell had this stupid idea? .....

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    During an average mythic raid evening I swap between heal spec and dps spec like 7-8 times. Thats 350 gold ontop the repairs, pots, flasks, food etc? hot damn.
    Pretty much this, there will inevitably be raids where different specs are just better for certain fights. Some need 3 healers, some need 4, some will be better for Fire mages some will be better for Frost etc. Although this will be further discouraged by artifact power the class balance will need to be almost perfect to stop certain specs being outright better on specific fights which isn't easily doable, and with catch up mechanics it seems likely that we will eventually have more than one fully upgraded artifact. It's not a groundbreaking issue but it just seems to be an unnecessary inconvenience. I'd be more on board if it was still dual specs but changing one specialization was vastly more expensive, that way we still have the specs for when we need them but it's an extra gold sink and allows for increased importance of specialization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The other person who doesn't queue as tank and thus didn't have to swap now has 100g advantage on you, for nothing.

Repeat x multiple thousands of times over the life cycle of expansion.

I will never, ever queue as a healer or a tank while it costs me a single scrap of gold to do so. I hope others do the same, to the point where the DPS are begging for the cost to be removed.
    You get a free spec swap upon entering a dungeon, if you queue as that role (i.e. Queueing as a tank when you're a ret paladin will automatically put you in Prot spec upon entering, and put you back as ret when leaving, free of charge in both cases). So no, this is a lie.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

just switched back between my 2 offspecs on beta multiple times, gold cost is no higher than 62 g
    pic

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    just switched back between my 2 offspecs on beta multiple times, gold cost is no higher than 62 g
    rofl is that it? 62g? we have a thread whining about 62 fucking gold.

get off your fat forum trolling asses do literally anything in game, bam 62g, if anyone can't afford 62g don't die you probably can't repair your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

get off your fat forum trolling asses do literally anything in game, bam 62g, if anyone can't afford 62g don't die you probably can't repair your gear.
    Its not about the gold. Please read the thread.

Its not about the gold. Please read the thread.
    it is about the gold, we can switch specs now for free, so the only change is the fact is costs gold, nearly every other post is talking about it costing gold.

What about 3 specs? I liked doing:

Prot: Dungeons/raids
    Arms: PVP
    Fury: World stuff

But with this change I will have to pay lots of gold just to switch.... for an arbitrary reason.

- - - Updated - - -
    Just remove the gold cost and this wouldn't be an issue...

The disconcerting thing for me is for people who's dual-spec was set to a different build of the same spec. If you want to change your talent build for a certain encounter you'll have to do it manually every time? That's incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The disconcerting thing for me is for people who's dual-spec was set to a different build of the same spec. If you want to change your talent build for a certain encounter you'll have to do it manually every time? That's incredibly annoying.
    you can macro that pretty sure people do that for arena's.

i do it by encounter basis now it takes maybe 5-10 secs. the cast to swap specs is what 3? 5? damn such a time saver.

it is about the gold, we can switch specs now for free, so the only change is the fact is costs gold, nearly every other post is talking about it costing gold.
    No, its not about the specific gold cost. Its about a useless change that does absolutely nothing. Its arbitrary. Its fixing nothing and causing my silly issues.