Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Like I said, most of us aren't idiots and would like to not be addicted to prescription drugs.
    addicted, i dont think that means what you think it means.

you wont get physically addicted unless you abuse them. im sorry if you dont have self control.

im as much addicted to my pills as i am to video games or sex. except my pills cost less.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

who the fuck is she and why isnt she part of my pron catalog

From what I've read, she's suffering from post-partum depression which has similar characteristics to "regular" depression but with the added burden of being a newly minted mother. She's taking time off to get a handle on the situation so she can be a good mother to her child.

I hope most of the normal people, as few as they are, that post here can understand/emphasize with that. For the racid rest who want to vomit up garbage like "#firstworldproblems" can kindly drown themselves in the nearest ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    My mother was wrongly prescribed morphine derivatives by some quack, and they made her sad and horribly depressed, until another doctor noticed the error and got her off of them.

Having said that, I'm all for self-medication. I just understand that it does nothing to help you if your life is depressing shit. Pills wont bring people back to life or change your life for the better. As long as you don't go to a doctor to get pills thinking they'll somehow help you if your so-called "depression" is caused by the fact that you're just a realist with open eyes, seeing that your life is shit, then pop all the pills you like. In a lot of cases, escapism is the best thing you can have.

One has to remember, though, that there are also cases where a person's brain chemistry is out of whack, and that needs to be treated with pharmaceuticals. But if your brain is fine, the pills aren't going to cure you.
    morphine doesnt agree with everyone, i have a friend who they make her worse and really nauseous so they had to prescribe a different kind of narcotic.

i wasnt trying to say they'd magically solve all your problems. but they help alot of people a great deal.

weed works too but is often alot more expensive than a pill.

for the same amount of weed that will get me high for 3 hours i can buy 10 pills that will get me high for 12 hours at a time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick search for her name reveals that the cause of her mental fatigue at this time is postpartum depression, a quite common occurrence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone with a silverspoon up their ass who just started to realize what life is I guess.... poor little thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Someone with a silverspoon up their ass who just started to realize what life is I guess.... poor little thing!
    It doesn't matter if she had a silverspoon that fed her. Depression, post partum or whatever varient is blind to any kind of gender, or catagory you fit in. It will come for you and make your life hell.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Depression is, essentially, an imbalance of chemicals in the brain.

It can be triggered by bad life circumstances or events, in individuals who are somewhat prone to it.

But it can also idiopathically occur in individuals without any (known) outside triggers. Just like that. Like a lot of other diseases, physical and mental.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my mother and my fiance both died last year. mother from cancer, fiance from suicide.

i take two 5 mg pills in the morning before work as prescribed (dont take them on my days off)

they greatly help my quality of life

My sincerest condolences.

I have no idea who this woman is but she is beautiful. And has great tits. Damn.

Depression can vary for folks.

I personally felt it as extreme agitation/irritation. Like every thing annoys and irritates you to point of wanting to scream curse words. But it hard to express what you are feeling in that moment because it's like everything- annoyance, fear, panic, loss of patience, etc. There is also a certain amount of apathy and lack of energy that comes with it, or perhaps because the constant sense of aggravation that is felt in almost all aspects of just living.

Like in normal moments, if you knocked over a spoon (as I just did IRL. Having coffee atm.) it is unlikely to be a huge deal. One picks up the spoon, maybe wipe up a little mess and at most shrug at your own clumsiness.

When depression has set in, this is how I personally qualify the feeling, knocking over that same spoon feels like nothing is going to work out, now you have to clean this mess up too, why was that spoon even there in the first place, fuck I have to get up, I hate having to rinse the spoon... aarrrghh, I just hate everything.

The level of annoyance for everything and anything is pretty extreme. Depression makes it difficult to enjoy anything or take little things in stride and as such starts a whole series of other emotions that are out of check with reality & importance.

Like being extremely focused on a task or goal in normal functioning life, only while depressed you are extremely focused on how annoying, miserable, frustrating and burdensome everything is but you can't express exactly why you feel that spoon can fuck right off.