Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    As a result we've seen that subscriber numbers have diminished substantially.
    This should be part of a standard template for new posts.
    "Here is my complain. Proof that I'm right: subscriber numbers!"

Assuming this OP isn't troll:

Raiding, by definition, is an organized activitity involving large numbers of players grouping together and coordinating to overcome the encounter. From this definition, you can see that raiding requires:

1) Group of people.
    2) Time.
    3) Organized schedule.

And these 3 things are something "casuals" don't have. Therefore, raiding wasn;t, isn;t and will never be "appealing to masses". WoW wasn't raiding game in Vanilla. The too-much-focus on raiding approach is what causes the subscribers number to drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how horrible and brain deflating LFR is (And the content is trivial!) - can you IMAGINE having a pre-made group for Mythic? I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. No way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with wod raiding was the 20 man mythic, that killed a lot of good 10 man guilds.

And you´re talking about a MMR for pve content? thats weird, so you want to queue to a Mythic raid finder?

Yes it could suck to have an schedule just to raid, but it will be imposible to raid Mythic with other 19 random guys, good luck with M iskar, M gorefiend, Zakun, etc. maybe the first 3 boses haha and i´m exagerating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astay View Post
    How do you suggest making top-level raiding appealing and challenging for a matchmade group of randoms, without making the raiding content an absolute cakewalk for the high-level premade groups (guilds). Or do you want to scrap premade raiding all together?

Edit. Here I am assuming that being premade is a big advantage opposed being randomly matchmade.
    We need to stop catering to the hardcore guilds at the expense of the rest of us.

You post outside gen-OT?

Hey I heard most of the hardcore raiders were obese, Tennisace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    The only way to beat the best mythic bosses with automatic matchmaking, meaning with people that don't know each other, is to be automatically matched with players that have killed the particular boss at least about 10 or 20 times so they are extremely overgeared for it, they are extremely knowledgeable of it and they are extremely comfortable at it. Those bosses are simply unkillable without a plan, without good communication so the only way to do them randomly is to have people that know them so well and they overgear them so much that they can put a rough plan down on the go, follow it relatively well, and still kill it even with some inevitable mistakes because of extreme overgearing, not being in the same guild.

It doesn't need the hardest mythic bosses to see that reality because it's the same when pugging something like Archimonde heroic. The only time you can have it easy with full non-friends, is if you invite only people that have done it, have done it several times, and they are overgeared.

We need to stop catering to the hardcore guilds at the expense of the rest of us.
    LFR, Normal and Heroic is enough stuff for the average player. You can do all those with randoms.

Deleted
    When this complaint comes up, the questioner should also ask if he can start their own guild or groups. For example, there are very few weekend raiding guilds or morning raiding guilds or late night raiding guilds. Or, there is OpenRaid so you can start very decent groups that can retain some stability which is also guild-like over the time (though hopefully they will remove that restriction of realm-only mythics at the start which adds nothing important anymore other than making people transfer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Yes, blizzard should add mythic raiding do the raid finder menu, its gonne work out REALLY great, after 100 wipes i get 1 stack of Determination, so maybe at 10 stacks u can down an boss
    They should certainly look at improving the system. I shouldn't have to keep to a video game schedule to enjoy this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go away... just go away...

P.S. LFG or OpenRaid - use them

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    it's quite easy to clear heroic raid content without guild using the group finder. it can get tough early in the tier to get group because they often are looking for people that already have some experience, especially for the last boss (you know, link curve, armory inspection) but with some perseverance, it can be done. I have done it. Took me some time to get my first heroic archimonde kills, but once i get the first kills (and avec a reasonable ilevel, and the ring) i could find raid group quite easily at anytime of the week, without commiting to a particular schedule or guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    OP is asking for mythic level LFR I believe.
    Would love to see a Mythic PUG try to down M Mannoroth

Deleted
    They should certainly look at improving the system. I shouldn't have to keep to a video game schedule to enjoy this game.
    Your problem seems to be entitlement. Sounds to me like you think you should be able to complete mythic raid content in tourist mode to get your shines and bragging rights. If you want to complete the highest difficulty of raiding you do need to expect some form of time commitment. That goes for many other games as well such a League of Legends, don't expect to just get diamond 1 or masters by casually logging in once a week. It's like real life you want something then you need to work for it. I am unsure why many people like yourself have such a problem with this concept.

You do not need to keep a schedule to enjoy WoW. Also there are plenty of other activities you can take part in that do not require you to log in at specific times, just not high end raiding. Maybe try to enjoy another aspect of the game, or realize the game may not be for you after all.

i bet tennisace is like 0/13 lfr link armoury to prove you have a right to talk about mythic, because unless you've done some raiding you can stfu and go away because you've not even tried.

You are an idiot. Nothing in life worth doing is easy or something that you can just show up to whenever you want.

If you want to succeed at work, you have to commit to it, and give your best effort in a team environment. There is no lfr (work finding site) for being the CEO of a company, only lfr for entry level jobs.

If you want to succeed at marriage or a relationship, you have to commit to it, and give your best effort in a team environment. There is no lfr (online dating site) for marriage, only entry level dating.

If you want to succeed at mythic raiding, you have to commit to it, and give your best effort in a team environment. There is no lfr for mythic raiding, only for the entry level raiding.

You are an entry level person. You feel entitled, but have no legitimate entitlement. For once in your life, commit to something, work your ass off, succeed, and then come back to the forums to tell your story.

What do you want then ? because obviously gathering 20 "skilled" people for mythic can't be done without having a schedule and/or skillcheck processes.

Mythic+ is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jinklos View Post
    Would love to see a Mythic PUG try to down M Mannoroth
    It's quite easy now if you gather 20 people with M Mannoroth exp, PUG != experienceless people
    Last edited by Fynzie; 2016-05-13 at 06:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    We raid 2 days a week. 6 hours total. We didn't get to do Mythic until CRZ was enabled and we have 8 bosses down including Gorefiend. The commitment isn't that huge. But as a player you need to be ready and focused if you want to progress the most difficult level of content. Most people aren't.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-05-13 at 07:28 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    they have.. i'm not sure what you're fishing for, but they have.
    How have they? LFR is boring mindless content.

What is up with the nonsense topics? "More appealing raid content for people not in guilds" "get rid of Transmog system" I am sure there is a couple more.

To answer this question. It is called a MMO, there is LFR for people with time issues and social issues. If you want more or tired of doing LFR then join a guild that raids.