Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Tweaks? Yes. Doing another overhaul? No.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Come on now. We all know that isn't true
    lol maybe. i had the ancestral woolies and didn't even know they were rare.

Yes. Male Nelf still looks god awful when idle.

Yeah, fix the male Nelf fucking waist to shoulder ratio. Their tiny goddamn abdomen. And their giant fucking manimal hands.

And the Draenei's lack of necks. Maybe make their waist to shoulder ratio a bit better, too.

What we need an improvement on are the old worgen and goblin models - they need to be on par with at least the 2015 warlords model updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some tweaks may be nice. They are changing/redoing a ton of animations in Legion though which make a world of difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    I think most of us will agree that the new models look a lot better in terms of graphical fidelity, but I think there are some new issues that were introduced with them.

For starters, you may have noticed that if you play a clothie, your characters wearing robes no longer have legs. I'm serious. They only have feet, and this is especially noticeable on female draenei. (Except they have hooves, but you get the idea.)

My second problem is how some of the new running animations look anywhere from floaty to almost mechanical. An example of a couple running animations I think look too floaty would be the human male and the tauren male. A mechanical one would be the human female.

I have seen people complain about other flaws as well, such as how the female nelf model is missing her eyelashes.

TL;DR: do you think any of the models need adjustments? If yes, which ones and in what way?
    They never had legs, it was a thing with the old models as well.

Yes.

They share barely any similiarities outside of the most borderline ones (hey, they're nelves) and Blizzard's stated goals were to make them look and feel like the originals but at high fidelity.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think the first page of the link in my sig makes it clear that they definitely need more adjustments, and I'd go so far to argue that with all the problems the Troll male is riddled with; it does need another overhaul. The geometry is out of wack and the textures clearly doesn't go along with the mesh either... the only thing I find salvagable about that model is the face, I adore their fangs and expressions... just a shame you can't tell what eyecolour they have unless you zoom in so far your character goes transparent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    They share barely any similiarities outside of the most borderline ones (hey, they're nelves) and Blizzard's stated goals were to make them look and feel like the originals but at high fidelity.
    It still amazes me how touchy people are about the character models and how perceptions differ here. Looking at your comparison I simply find it impressive how much more expressive the new model's face is.

Also my bloodelves and nightelves do not freeze while sitting, neither on benches or on the ground.

Rather than complaining about eyebrows clipping through helmets it would be more productive to note the models it occurs on and report them. These features have to be set for each helmet.

Clipping is also a fact of life in game art, so complaining about it incessantly is not very helpful, especially with armour models + animation combinations. There's simply nothing to be done about it.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-05-14 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    It still amazes me how touchy people are about the character models and how perceptions differ here. Looking at your comparison I simply find it impressive how much more expressive the new model's face is.
    I happen to be touchy of my character's defined look in an game that has it's basis in RPG yes. And it's funny you'd say because Nelves were the only original model to have expressive face in the game and they were very well defined ones.

Plus I find your comment bull-crap anyhow because it's a neutral pose for both, attempting at no expression there so "finding it more expressive" seems like somewhat odd to say.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Belf face 1 and face 2 - NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree tweaks here and there would be great but no total overhauls
    Last edited by Rend Blackhand; 2016-06-24 at 12:35 PM.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren Female needs more facial options.

Night Elves look like trannies, so yes.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.