Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Off on vacation Norway, Sweden or Finland?

Off on vacation as a treat to my kid. Idea is do some salmon fishing, have great sight seeing (natural beauty) and enjoy some great local food.

looking for the most welcoming country (least racist).
    good food.
    Salmon fishing.

Do you have any suggestion?

least racist: let me rephrase, I want a country where the far right is not creating shit like we see in some eastern eu countries.
    Last edited by psyquest; 2016-05-14 at 11:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Least racist? Wat?

All three countries are good for salmon fishing, but Norway probably the best. The Nordic local food might be a bit of an acquired taste, though.

Norway is the most expensive country for a foreigner.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Sweden is going to the dogs, so probably Norway or Finland.

Having had experience with Norway, I'd recommend it; though be warned that Scandinavian countries in general are among the most expensive holiday destinations (never mind living there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland.

All of those countries have shit food, but in Scotland you won't be able to understand the locals, so you won't know if they are racially abusing you.

good food.
    Try another area.

Deleted
    Norway has nicest mountains and fjords, Sweden has the nicest forests and Finland has the nicest lakes. Don't go to the north of these countries though since you will get mauled by a bear/moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Scotland.

All of those countries have shit food, but in Scotland you won't be able to understand the locals, so you won't know if they are racially abusing you.
    I am British, been around plenty of Scots to understand them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Try another area.
    Ya, no one sane thinks mayonniase ham cake is a good idea.

Deleted
    Oh and don't go here if you don't like salty food, we put salt on EVERYTHING.

seriously guys, food cant be THAT bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Ya, no one sane thinks mayonniase ham cake is a good idea.
    Smörgåstårta is fucking delicious.

Iceland

Wonderful Salmon Fishing http://gofishing.is/

Reasonably priced.

Rock to Bjork and the Sugercubes

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Mayonnaise ham cake... It's like mayonnaise, lemons, grapes, bread, ham, skittles (okay, not skittles, but it's not like even vomit could make this thing look more unappealing) maybe even include seafood. Just so gross.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Mayonnaise ham cake... It's like mayonnaise, lemons, grapes, bread, ham, skittles (okay, not skittles, but it's not like even vomit could make this thing look more unappealing) maybe even include seafood. Just so gross.
    You have never tried it dude, just stop.

Deleted
    Norway is amazing. did jotunheimen rundt bicycle race many years ago its like a real life fairy tale/saga.
    Live in Sweden my self but i have never been to the northern parts were i guess the best fishing is but ppl say nature there is awsom to.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by mmoc737d4c7b6a; 2016-05-14 at 11:53 AM. Reason: page bugged out on me

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad (excluding some things like lutfisk), it's just very different from...let's say British, French, Italian or German cuisine.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Try Germany, I heard they are designating safe spaces for the terrorists, you'll be safe from opposing viewpoints there lol

Don't take it too seriously.

There are plenty of little things that I found myself loving. Lefse, for example; with the cinnamon cream filling in particular. Norwegian chocolate is also the unsung hero of the chocolate world in my eyes; it blows our own Cadbury's out of the water quite frankly, not least as they've now fiddled with the recipe (using soya/etc to cut costs) as well as outsourcing production to Poland.

I also remember another brand which had some sort of Turkish Delight filling; only liquorice flavoured. Likewise hard to beat.

Junk food aside, they have some good/hearty food which I found myself right at home with; as would most Britons. Being from Paris, you may live up to the stereotype of having somewhat more refined tastes; so it might be a slight culture shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are looking for natural beauty, I think Norway might be the best one. Finland has a lot of forests and lakes, but the food here is bland and boring.

Can't answer the racist part.

A version of the mayonnaise ham cake. Kiwi, pineapple, ham, mayonnaise, tomatoes, a cheese/bacon spread, other random crap that shouldn't ever be put together. Just so wrong.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2016-05-14 at 12:02 PM.