Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you ever settle?

When we're talking about being in a committed relationship, would you ever settle for a partner that doesn't look that good (and how low would you go)? Or would you keep trying to find the one that you find physically perfect?

I know there are a million other qualities that matter for a relationship and I am not trying to downplay them, but let's leave them out of the equation for the time being and just focus on this, I'm interested what you have to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already did with my first wife. Refused to do it a second time -- Life now is better than ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone you like and likes you, but isn't a '10' is settling?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that low, Infact I'd rather pay to sleep with a 9/10 than a 4.5/10 for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you focus on the one aspect that's guaranteed fleeting, while neglecting others that will remain unchanged?

It's nice to fuck around for a while, literally speaking.
    But at some point it's time to settle for good.
    When the right one crosses your way, you won't ask that question anyway.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Done it and always fucked me over..But yeah I might still

I would need a partner that is at least a 9 for me to be happy
    Need to be physically attracted and not just mentally attracted or I will never go near him lol.
    Tried dating the not so attractive kind one time...and I didn't even want him near me...soooo not happening again.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone settles.

You silly goose.

My only options for getting a woman are a hooker and rape, relationship is something that has no chance of happening

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only "settling" if looks are the most important thing to you.

If you have to settle it means your current partner is in your league and you just had your sights too high.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I never settle and probably never will unless I'm like in my 70's-80's and all my friends and family are dead and I want at least some human contact as the relationship would most likely not involve much sex at that point anyway.

You are aware that a "10", won't remain so forever, right?

I'd "settle" for a guy that made me feel like I'd want to spend my life with him. He doesn't have to look like Chris Hemsworth. Granted not a lot of people do, but I have yet to meet any "Steve Buschemis" in my days...

But it's kind of a moot point since I'm not actively searching for a relationship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You are aware that a "10", won't remain so forever, right?

I'd "settle" for a guy that made me feel like I'd want to spend my life with him. He doesn't have to look like Chris Hemsworth. Granted not a lot of people do, but I have yet to meet any "Steve Buschemis" in my days...

But it's kind of a moot point since I'm not actively searching for a relationship.
    not "forever" but Jenn Aniston is 47 for example and just won most beautiful woman in the world award again.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    not "forever" but Jenn Aniston is 47 for example and just won most beautiful woman in the world award again.
    i don't think she's that pretty cause there are prettier at her age that look way better, but even my mom still looks in her 30s and she's 52, for some reason when men age they seem to get more handsome! Unless they are like 70 yrs of age of course lol

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    When we're talking about being in a committed relationship, would you ever settle for a partner that doesn't look that good (and how low would you go)? Or would you keep trying to find the one that you find physically perfect?

I know there are a million other qualities that matter for a relationship and I am not trying to downplay them, but let's leave them out of the equation for the time being and just focus on this, I'm interested what you have to say.
    The funny part is that the people I personally know that want the perfect looking partner are either not good looking themselves, or have rather repellent personalities. They will go to the grave with no one because they never learned to compromise, never learned to be realistic about their own qualities (and lack thereof), and never learned to basically grow up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wooo boy.

I don't really care about physical appearances so long as they take care of their hygiene. Brush hair, brush teeth, deoderant, wash ass.. that sort of thing.

I just want someone that will make me feel like their one and only, work hard, and help build a life together. I'd give them everything. Appearances are fleeting.

See that's something that I have a problem with myself. Better settle for someone that you know is on your league/standard because if you settle for less and eventually you have the opportunity to upgrade well, there goes cheating or breaking the relationship, better to settle for someone that you know is a right match and not someone good enough, I know it might not always be what you choose to do though.

But the thing is I believe most people are much dumped down version of what they can truly be, most people could be very good looking if they were tried as well as personally, most people imo are boring but simply because they dont put enough effort in themselves. You should strive to be your best self ine very way you can, for your own self, not for a partner and then if everyone did that, wow the world would probably be a too hot to stand.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Doubled edged sword.

No you shouldn't settle for just anyone. But you also shouldn't be overly picky. Everyone has their faults, if you not willing to compromise with someone elses you are destined to be alone forever.