Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This image is full of so much truth...

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    DLC might be things like map packs and weapons, or it might be missions. If it's the latter and it's complex enough then the DLC is effectively replacing expansions.

We never killed Baal in Diablo 2, that was a plot line that was unresolved until LoD. So was Diablo 2 not the complete game when it was released?

I seem to recall LoD being pretty pricey at the time too...
    I have NEVER seen a single DLC that would I would call worthy of being considered an expansion. If you are arguing that eventually if there is enough DLC released, that it is like an expansion by the end, then ok. Then the argument simply becomes about the exploitative cost of DLC... Which is what the topic was about in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Or just wait till its bundled/goes on sale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    lol cause wow doesnt?
    Did you even read what I quoted in the first place? You said you've only seen Blizzard do that, I pointed out another company that does too, and cheaper.
    Comprehension is hard amirite

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Tell your friends to stop torrenting games, which only contributes to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point.

Torrenting games contribute to the problem? Are you serious? I dont even pirate games but that's ridiculous. Point me to one study that shows the rise of price is because of piracy and not because of greedy corporations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Yet the people who complain about this shit still buy it day 1.

Self control issues? Wait for it to go on sale, stop buying shit.
    I can never do that because most of the times, I got NOTHING else to play at that moment, so even if it's expensive I must buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    I can never do that because most of the times, I got NOTHING else to play at that moment, so even if it's expensive I must buy it.
    Sounds like an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    Did you even read what I quoted in the first place? You said you've only seen Blizzard do that, I pointed out another company that does too, and cheaper.
    Comprehension is hard amirite
    I was referring to your statement about the content.

The ego is strong in this one...

Question whatever you take for granted.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Tell your friends to stop torrenting games, which only contributes to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point.

Vdeio game companies started being total dicks about DLC well before that.

No thanks. I'll wait for "Game of the Year" editions to come out a year after the original release before I ever fall the this fucked up model game companies use now.

MKX wanted me to pay extra money for Goro. Fucking Goro. The character that was available for most other MK games once you bought copies.

Fuck that. Game companies deserve what's coming to them.

yea, i was gonna buy star wars battlefront but then i saw the price and was like F that

Wow... That's kind of pathetic, you should seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What... do you mean in 97? Back them basically all games were like 30 bucks.
    Got a citation? I'm pretty sure I remember saving up paper route money for that game at $50. Ever Google search I can find is just forums with people saying basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Vdeio game companies started being total dicks about DLC well before that.

No thanks. I'll wait for "Game of the Year" editions to come out a year after the original release before I ever fall the this fucked up model game companies use now.

MKX wanted me to pay extra money for Goro. Fucking Goro. The character that was available for most other MK games once you bought copies.

Fuck that. Game companies deserve what's coming to them.
    Sadly like I said; for every five of us, they only need 1 out of control addict willing to spend 300 dollars on crappy DLC. And they are out there.

Wow... That's kind of pathetic, you should seek help.
    Last edited by Tuesdays; 2016-05-14 at 03:16 PM. Reason: arg why u post 2 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So just bought Doom tonight for the PS4. The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$. Being that it is a Bethesda game, I'm already angry at myself for purchasing but it's Doom, how bad could they fuck it up? Starwars battlefront was another good example (Didn't buy the DLC for this). It is getting to the point now where games are being released but actual access to the content is like 3x the initial cost without 3x the content. Anyone else bothered by this shit?
    isnt doom that old retro video game from 1993 and it now cost over 100 $ .. damn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    I was referring to your statement about the content.

The ego is strong in this one...
    So misconception over full quote = egocentric? K, jump to labeling over difference in opinion, honestly surprised I wasn't called a homo.

(forgot you only think "hardcore raiders" think WoW has no content, oh dear )
    Last edited by mmoc8dc2d50c9b; 2016-05-14 at 03:20 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sadly like I said; for every five of us, they only need 1 out of control addict willing to spend 300 dollars on crappy DLC. And they are out there.
    Ahh dude, It pissess me of just thinking about it.

I don't even buy console games like that anymore. I bought MKX at release and immediately took it back when I found out that I had to buy Goro in DLC.

Fucking bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what DLC you bought for Doom but on Steam the only thing I see is the season pass for 40$ still brings the total to 100$ though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Ahh dude, It pissess me of just thinking about it.

I don't even buy console games like that anymore. I bought MKX at release and immediately took it back when I found out that I had to buy Goro in DLC.

Fucking bullshit.
    MKX is still getting console support via future DLC where PC is getting screwed by no support sooooo yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    DLC isn't required.
    Profound insight there, truly. I mean it too, super honestly. The OP was totally confused as to whether DLC was required, and wasn't trying to make the point of having to spend extra to access the full game; especially where he said "The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$".