Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They look like a Lock's mount, i like them but they fit lock's lore asp for Demonology locks, i bet a lot of locks will dust up their pvp skills for these mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Meh another huge bulky ground mounts.

At least I'm not missing much by sucking at PvP. I'll never be a gladiator and buying it isn't as easy as buying a mythic raid mount.
    Myth raid can be overgeared and facerolled after certain time, PvP rating cannot. And I'm not going to use piloted carries.
    Piloted? You mean where they queue against specific teams and they lose on purpose to give you rating?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Piloted? You mean where they queue against specific teams and they lose on purpose to give you rating?
    I don't know how such a carry works. I was thinking about xfering my character to the booster, so he plays it and then xfers it back once the rating grind has been done.

Idk, I'll never purchase any of those anyway. Mythic raid carry's are safe at least, I just pay someone to kill a boss and gimme the mount with me in the raid group, that's it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I don't know how such a carry works. I was thinking about xfering my character to the booster, so he plays it and then xfers it back once the rating grind has been done.

Idk, I'll never purchase any of those anyway. Mythic raid carry's are safe at least, I just pay someone to kill a boss and gimme the mount with me in the raid group, that's it.
    PLEASE dont buy an arena/rbg boost. You ruin the ladder for legit people and lose them their titles. It's happened to me before and I can't actually stand people that buy them.

So on wow head it shows 5 different skins for glad mounts, does it mean we will have 5 different arenas in Legion? (Blizzard did mention that they want to implement shorter duration for pvp-seasons in legion)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    PLEASE dont buy an arena/rbg boost. You ruin the ladder for legit people and lose them their titles. It's happened to me before and I can't actually stand people that buy them.
    Unfortunately it will never stop as long as WoW is popular, but at least blizzard is taking a step @ fighting those boosts, in WoD they are checking IP addresses, hence if your IP was different during your rating gain then it was to your original one, they will DQ you from glad cut off, that's why a lot of people in WOD s1/s2 in arena didnt get glads even though they were inside the cut off rating, it was a pretty funny.
    But i agree with you, it is annoying to fight R1 players while trying to grind up your rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the "huge clunky ground mount" thing either. TBC and WotLK had the best glad mounts IMO.

Deleted
    Praise the sun

Am I the only PvPer who does not like the change in Glad Mounts XD? Id take those Iferno over Armored Drake any day of the week.

@Snegovik if you don't like it just bitch and moan like all the previous people who got the mount changed... 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Snegovik if you don't like it just bitch and moan like all the previous people who got the mount changed... 3 times.
    Don't you even fucking dare, things are exactly like they should be

Didn't know that stating an opinion in 2 sentences is bitching and moaning, but good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Didn't know that stating an opinion in 2 sentences is bitching and moaning, but good one.
    I'm not saying you are, I'm saying if you DO you will get what you want, just like people did the last 3 times.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    TBH I quite liked the Infernals. They were quite different and I dislike the Storm Drake Model anyways. The Armor doesn't fix that fact for me.

But hey, seems like many people like the change. So grats, everybody. Let's hope they don't change it again. For the like what? 4th time? :P

I'm not saying you are, I'm saying if you DO you will get what you want, just like people did the last 3 times.
    Ah sorry, miss read your post, my bad =).

There were only 2 changes, and, to be fair, the first one was a bit knee-jerk and odd.

This time, Blizzard took to heart the input from both PvP-ers, who actually suggested storm drakes, and PvE-ers, who didn't want to lose such a unique and iconic mount to something super-exclusive. As Venedia put it, things are exactly as they should be. The armored storm drakes are very imposing, they can fly, they are linked to the Vrykul, so they fit the arena theme more than any of the previous mounts, and they still leave room for an unarmored version in PvE at some point. Perfect, really.

Blizzard should be commended for this, so let's not be snide, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    There were only 2 changes, and, to be fair, the first one was a bit knee-jerk and odd.
    3, given the infernal was completely changed from a gronn to a new model.

This time, Blizzard took to heart the input from both PvP-ers, who actually suggested storm drakes, and PvE-ers, who didn't want to lose such a unique and iconic mount to something super-exclusive. As Venedia put it, things are exactly as they should be. The armored storm drakes are very imposing, they can fly, they are linked to the Vrykul, so they fit the arena theme more than any of the previous mounts, and they still leave room for an unarmored version in PvE at some point. Perfect, really.

Blizzard should be commended for this, so let's not be snide, shall we?
    Venedia puts it because if you hadn't noticed this is his thread where he campaigned for exactly for this. He is an exact example of the hypocrisy at play here. If Snegovik wants infernal pvp mounts precedent has shown he is completely entitled to complain for them and it's just as valid as Venedia - don't bring your personal opinions into this as I know you were already pro this change.

Blizzard should not be commended for flipflopping because people know how to twitter rage, no.

3, given the infernal was completely changed from a gronn to a new model.
    That was completely unrelated to the mounts being moved to gladiator rewards. It could have simply been a part of the development process. And they weren't "completely changed", they were given a new skeleton, the model stayed the same.

Venedia puts it because if you hadn't noticed this is his thread where he campaigned for exactly for this. He is an exact example of the hypocrisy at play here. If Snegovik wants infernal pvp mounts precedent has shown he is completely entitled to complain for them and it's just as valid as Venedia - don't bring your personal opinions into this as I know you were already pro this change.

Blizzard should not be commended for flipflopping because people know how to twitter rage, no.
    No, there were two issues at play here.

The first twitter complaint was about the coursers not being cool enough to be gladiator mounts. This one was completely subjective and you could argue Blizzard shouldn't have listened to it, but perhaps they didn't want top PvP-ers to get a reward they aren't excited about. This resulted in them taking the "coolest" mount model in the expansion and turning it into a gladiator mount on a whim ("coolest" being subjective here, of course, but you have to admit it stands out).

The second complaint came from PvE-ers, such as myself, because the infernal is an iconic creature from Warcraft III, it's a major symbol of the Legion, it's been in the trailer, and would be a perfect mount for the two playable classes who deal with demons, one of which is being added this expansion. It was something we were pumped for since the models were datamined, and it seemed unfair and counterintuitive to give them to 0.1% of the playerbase (or less) and then remove them from the game.

So this isn't flip-flopping, but rather fixing the mistake they made with infernals and solving the original complaint in a better way. This way, both sides are happy (the players originally complaining about coursers, and the PvE-ers who want infernals). Snegovik can still get an infernal from PvE sooner or later, so he isn't really losing anything.

No, there are PvPer's (large amounts of them) complaining about the gronn-'reskin' being a pvp mount. It's exactly the same as case 1 regardless of PvE'ers complaining too. I also like how you spin it as a mistake just because you disagreed with it.

Was it counterintuitive to get frost wyrms as pvp rewards in wrath? No. Case closed, infernals were as fine as storm drakes.

No, there are PvPer's (large amounts of them) complaining about the gronn-'reskin' being a pvp mount. It's exactly the same as case 1 regardless of PvE'ers complaining too. I also like how you spin it as a mistake just because you disagreed with it.

Was it counterintuitive to get frost wyrms as pvp rewards in wrath? No. Case closed, infernals were as fine as storm drakes.
    It absolutely was a mistake.

The cool factor of vanity rewards is one of the major things that drive people to subscribe and play, and Blizzard only has a limited number of assets to use for this. Infernals already line up with the theme of the expansion, the new class, and Warcraft nostalgia going back to the RTS. It's a lot smarter to make them available to a wider audience. Yeah, frost wyrms were a PvP reward first, but you can easily slap an armor on a frost wyrm model. Infernals wouldn't accomodate that very well, the irons they wear already act as "armor".

Do you really think they changed the gladiator mounts again only because Venedia wanted storm drakes instead of infernals? Don't try to ignore the role PvE played here. Just look at where the first two infernals ended up, drops from Gul'dan on Normal/Heroic and Mythic. Take a look on the list of Legion mounts and tell me if there was a cooler option.

You think Venedia is the only one? It's a repeated issue. See the bigger picture.

There'd also be nothing to stop you having a different form of infernal available later much like frostwyrm. In other words you don't have a point there.

I also don't understand what relevance a mount list has compared to a scroll through WMV.