Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    So was Confederate flag.
    Just because you think it's wrong doesn't make it so. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people which could say the same about your current flag.

That's just your "personal truth".
    God damn this pussified country.
    Sorry the US is an actual country at this very moment which is why people fly the US flag not your bizarre fantasy. The Confederacy does not exist.

The confederate battle flag represents traitors fighting to keep human beings in bondage. It represents people who were against civil rights in the south purely for racist reasons. It represents people today who wear white robes and are racists. That's not just my "personal truth". Those are facts.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The US flag does represent something. But private individuals have every right to stomp all over what it represents, just like private individuals have every right to fly the Confederate Flag.

And we can all make our own opinions about what those people are identifying themselves as.

The problem comes when the government starts flying the Confederate flag, or if the government were to burn the US flag (which would be weird).
    I just don't think it should be supported. (Burning our flag, OR flying the Confederate flag)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post

so a organized hate group used the flag
    that hate group did not create the flag

by your retarded logic is this flag now racist? clearly the hate group is using another flag they did not create
    /facepalm I can't keep teaching someone who refuses to listen and learn. Do you know why the battle flag that wasn't openly displayed (or extremely rarely) after the war till the 50's became so popular again?

why is the normal American flag being considered offensive to some people now as well ?
    What people?

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't know maybe because the war was now part of history and your country was United

why is the normal American flag being considered offensive to some people now as well ?

teach me that
    Hey superstar. The 50's. Use of the Battle Flag. Research. Here's a hint. The war had been over for many years. But flag became very very popular again. Can you guess why?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the only "source" missing was the National Enquirer.

7+ Year Old Account
    but those people would be wrong for thinking everyone who uses that flag is a racist
    i think they like the nazi flag more then that flag anyway

white supreminists go to hairstyle is a shaved head
    are all people with shaved heads racist now ?

its a flaw of the person grouping people/things together when they are not related
    not that the flag is racist

they do use the American flag more then that Southern one from pictures ive seen anyway that might be why people want to ban the American flag
    if people support banning that south one the American flag will be next
    You still haven't researched this yet have you? The confederate battle flag was not really used for anything after the civil war till the 1950's and 1960's when anti-civil rights groups in the south used it as a symbol to represent their opposition to rights for blacks. In fact Georgia decided to incorporate it into their state flag to show their position of being anti-civil rights for blacks. Other states flew it at their capital building again to show their opposition to civil rights. That was what that flag means, support for white supremacy.

That is what the flag was brought out of obscurity for. Racism.

And no one is calling for banning the flag, period. You have been told this multiple times. They are saying that it should not be flown/seen at any public/government facility other than a museum. Citizens can do what they want.

Do people not realize that the North were as racist as the south? It was about the work force not about black's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The confederate flag is a symbol for racism and makes certain groups of people feel uncomfortable around it. Not sure what else you're looking for.
    To some people. To more educated people it's representative of an entirely different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And maybe they shouldn't. I don't care either way.

The thing that is annoy is how butt hurt people get seeing the flag at all. They act like they've been physically assaulted or something. It's amusing.

It's like those dumbasses at that college where someone wrote Trump2016 in chalk and they need trauma counseling lol.

It's pathetic.
    The Trump trauma thing isn't true, btw. Don't quote the story, its bs and has been been debunked.

If people can feel pride over the flag, then other people should be able have anger over the flag. And its not butthurt, btw.

Again, no one is bitching that people wave the flag, they complain when the government uses it. As WE all should. No one would be thrilled if the Japanese flag was waving over the capital? Or the Nazi flag? This flag is no different. Its a flag that represents not only slavery, but also an enemy of the USA. The Confederacy tried to take over 11 states, if any other entity did that, you'd all hate them.

Now the question remains, why do you personally get so upset that people hate that flag for the reasons you gave, but not equally upset that people love that flag for the reasons you gave?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

great logic people from the UK should hate all Americans forever then

the USA did the same thing to the UK but won

the Confederacy was trying to do the same thing that the USA did to the UK but lost

you have some fucked up logic there
    Weird....I didn't know I said they should hate them.....lemme check....

oh.....nope, not there....

Ok, yeah, I didn't say that at all. Weird you acted like I did. I wonder, do the English fly the American flag over Parliament?

No you say!!!!!!!!!!! OMG how can this be!!!!!!!

But you keep using that word logic....

"When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    To some people. To more educated people it's representative of an entirely different beast.
    Educated people know it was a battle flag that had no use after the end of the war before the KKK and those fighting against civil rights took it up as a symbol of solidarity for their racism.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The Trump trauma thing isn't true, btw. Don't quote the story, its bs and has been been debunked.

If people can feel pride over the flag, then other people should be able have anger over the flag. And its not butthurt, btw.

Again, no one is bitching that people wave the flag, they complain when the government uses it. As WE all should. No one would be thrilled if the Japanese flag was waving over the capital? Or the Nazi flag? This flag is no different. Its a flag that represents not only slavery, but also an enemy of the USA. The Confederacy tried to take over 11 states, if any other entity did that, you'd all hate them.

Now the question remains, why do you personally get so upset that people hate that flag for the reasons you gave, but not equally upset that people love that flag for the reasons you gave?
    They did not. Only once did they invade the North in mass and that did not end well at Gettysburg. Even then, Lee's goal was not to conquer a Northern state, but to win a victory and put pressure on Washington so they would agree to a truce. The best the South hoped for was a war of attrition, which would end with the North being sick and tired of it. They knew they had nether the resources or man power to take over the North.

But other than that, I agree with your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Most people would not know that. Each State down in the South who want have one resembling the confederate one, should design it after it, only move the color strips around for each state which wants to. Picking the battle flag of the Northern Virginia Army was just asking for it. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

They gave the defenders of Fort Sumter amber time to surrender and abandon the fort. And the North invaded the South several times before the South crossed over into the North. Not disagreeing with your statement overall however. Flags do represent ideas. They can also commemorate things which some value and others hate.
    The whole North invaded South thing.. It was all one country, the US. It was just the "South" saying they were seperate. Can't invade your own territory lol. And some people value the Nazis but they attacked us, don't see people fighting to use that flag. The "South" were an enemy of the US

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you even know what the confederate flag looks like? I guess not.
    Yep sure do, their are 2 other official ones too. The current Confederate Flag that the south is trying to protect was used as a Battle Flag but was never officially recognized as a confederate flag. Did you know that? I guess not. But even so, it still represents the same thing, people who attacked our country.