Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you even know what to do for Delegation?

So I'm doing the legendary Firelands staff questline, and I'm on the quest "Delegation" where you have to interrupt a ritual or whatever and get a branch of Nordrassil.

There are plenty of guides on WoWhead, but all of it is very confusing. The quest text doesn't specify anything about what you have to do exactly, and there's no RP event, or cutscene, or NPC to explain anything.

How did people even figure this shit out?

wowhead.com/quest=29234/delegation#comments

Sort: Highest Rated > Read > Profit

Did you read my post?

I was wondering that myself the other day. Doing the questline again on my druid and I really don;t know how people would know what to do without a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I did and I read the top comment. None of it is confusing to me. What's confusing you about it?
    I just want to know how the person who wrote the top comment knew what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I just want to know how the person who wrote the top comment knew what to do.
    Trial & Error, with a lot of awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I did and I read the top comment. None of it is confusing to me. What's confusing about it for you?
    He's wondering how people know what to do without reading wowhead. Just using the in-game stuff. The quest text just tells you to go stop a ritual. No mention of the stuff you have to gatheer from the bosses.

I am guessing you can stumble into the portal, but I don't know how you would know what to gather to open it.

Back in in cataclysm lootable items had these glittering effect which is now changed to a highlighting, the glittering thing was easier to see on little things.
    You wondered what the heck this is and looted it, from here the tooltip of these items gave the needed hints

Deleted
    Originally posted by Zarhym

If you've reached the Delegation portion of the legendary quest line, it's a puzzle that intrepid raiders will need to solve starting on your next instance reset. Keep on the lookout for key hints and items during each boss fight in your raid after the next maintenance period.

This is hard to research? Go and find Mankrik's Wife :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    You play the game with your eyes open, look at combat log, learn, profit.

see back years ago we actually had to figure stuff out without the game telling us what to do. if you think this is bad, you should have played EQ back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Back in in cataclysm lootable items had these glittering effect which is now changed to a highlighting, the glittering thing was easier to see on little things.
    You wondered what the heck this is and looted it, from here the tooltip of these items gave the needed hints
    Ah right. Forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    You can simply turn of that god awful highlighting and get the sparkles back again. I can't play without my sparkles!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this quest is to expect you to actually do some search within the game. The raid itself you know, but you need to search within the raid for the bough. And sadly, you are to find it as an easy target, just for it to be a trap.

In short, explore and you know what to do.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ask myself sometimes how scientists figured out all the formulas in math and statistics, so that we students have an easy life.

Same way those guys on wowhead know about that shit.

By going out there and actually doing and learning instead of having your hand held.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You can simply turn of that god awful highlighting and get the sparkles back again. I can't play without my sparkles!
    Huh? You can? How? This freaking highlight shiet sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Huh? You can? How? This freaking highlight shiet sucks.
    In the settings somewhere you can disable outlines. That brings back the sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By going out there and actually doing and learning instead of having your hand held.
    To be fair, that'd completely negate the purpose of this message board. :^)