Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly I don't see why apparently so many people are doing this. If you had no interest in the transmog shit from salvage yard, why do you wanna keep them now that wardrobe is a thing? For collection's sake? That's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Honestly I don't see why apparently so many people are doing this. If you had no interest in the transmog shit from salvage yard, why do you wanna keep them now that wardrobe is a thing? For collection's sake? That's stupid.
    Maybe it's hard for some to grasp but different people like different things ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Necro'ing this thread with an update that may interest some.

According to a post on reddit follower upgrades on the 7.0 PTR are vendoring for 1 copper. So do with this info what you will. I'm personally spending the afternoon opening and bouncing mail for 11k+ crates ;_;

Always knew there was a catch to "we're not nerfing crates". There's always a catch.

yep, 5 copper for +3 ilvl follower upgrade

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to open this box stash i guess
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

well, the follower upgrades are not crater specific...

atm garrisons are super laggy for me (plus I haven't downlaoded the whole ptr yet)
    I can only check tommorw or saturday

The guy who posted the reddit thread said he transferred his character over so this is something that affects current crates.

Also as rarhyx said there's no difference between the armor upgrades from crates and the ones from the tables or work orders. If you want the gold get rid of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Hang on, didn't they tell us that they were just leaving the ones we currently have alone, and that all NEW boxes generated, a NEW new named item, would instead be nerf'd?

Did anyone check to compare one that they copied over, and a new one generated?
    I just checked, sell price for all the ones I had before is 1 silver

I guess I'll spend the weeks before the patch opening them... Once I figure out how to do it. I can mail all the BoEs to a bank mule but I only have two open inventory slots on most characters and about 7,000 boxes. This'll be fun.

Eh, I'll just vendor all the tokens I have now before the patch. Sucks the sale price is being nerfed but gold wasn't my main focus in hoarding crates anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I guess I'll spend the weeks before the patch opening them... Once I figure out how to do it. I can mail all the BoEs to a bank mule but I only have two open inventory slots on most characters and about 7,000 boxes. This'll be fun.
    I'm just mailing all my transmog stuff off to an alt I don't play and letting it sit in their mailbox. There's no limit and it'll just bounce back in 30 days which would put it like 3 days before the patch.

Don't care about the vendor price of the upgrades, I'm saving them for mogging, so my existing crates won't be affected on that front at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Eh, I'll just vendor all the tokens I have now before the patch. Sucks the sale price is being nerfed but gold wasn't my main focus in hoarding crates anyway.
    Was the goal to open them, just so that whatever items were added to your Dressing room?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but has anyone seen if they are planning a blanket nerf of gear prices as well? Between salvage crates and everything a lot of people have stored, that could turn into a nice hefty sum once the new xmog system goes live.

why not opening the crates now and select the transmog you want to have and mail it to a bank char?
    that's what I', doing atm

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. I was kinda expecting something like that. I'll be opening my stacked boxes 2 days before pre-patch launch.

I don't even have any space to store any boxes even if I wanted to.

I don't get it. Those of you with a few hundred+ saved up, do you really even care about the gold? Spending hours opening and mailing items and rearranging banks, just to do it again once pre-patch goes live for at most 20,000gold (generous assumption) seems silly.

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    I don't get it. Those of you with a few hundred+ saved up, do you really even care about the gold? Spending hours opening and mailing items and rearranging banks, just to do it again once pre-patch goes live for at most 20,000gold (generous assumption) seems silly.
    You don't get rich by not caring! Ever copper earned is a copper earned. I assume most folks are doing it more for the transmog gear than anything else. With 1000+ crates, you probably got enough gear for 3-5 classes to have new looks or to sell.

I myself won't be doing all that, the possible profits doesn't exceed my level of lazy. I don't really understand why Blizz would nerf the follower armor. It's not like that many people are hoarding it up for selling.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    It can be afk done, by pressing a key while doing something else, like watching a movie, eating etc and auto vendor/Mass mail stuff when bags full.