Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have to question the EU's intelligence sometimes, I mean delaying their plan to ban regular power kettles/hairdryers until after the Brexit vote is a smart move as it's going to anger people. However if you reduce the power a kettle/hairdryer uses then you reduce the heat it provides, which increases the time it spends running. The end result is a policy that saves 0 energy and just pisses people off lol.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Maybe the CoP of kettles/hairdryers has been calculated and the ideal kW rating determined.
    Heating water/air requires X watts, if you reduce the output of the device doing it the time required goes up but the watts consumed remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Heating water/air requires X watts, if you reduce the output of the device doing it the time required goes up but the watts consumed remains the same.
    I think he is talking about energy conversion efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If a dog is born and raised in a stables it doesn't suddenly become a horse.
    if an idiot starts posting on a forum, he doesn't suddenly become intelligent.

OT:
    Beware Brits.. Trump started to butter you up now too.
    He's checking whether you're just as smart as his supporters.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    if an idiot starts posting on a forum, he doesn't suddenly become intelligent.

OT:
    Beware Brits.. Trump started to butter you up now too.
    He's checking whether you're just as smart as his supporters.
    The leave campaign don't want to be associated with him. He is too politically toxic even for the likes of Farage

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakallanar View Post
    I think he is talking about energy conversion efficiency.
    Well in that case the "energy efficient" kettles are even worse than the regular ones because they require longer to run so their LEDs are on longer as are the kitchen lights...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The leave campaign don't want to be associated with him. He is too politically toxic even for the likes of Farage
    Did you watch that interview with him from yesterday? It's the same rhetoric.
    I've faith in you guys to tell him to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch that interview with him from yesterday? It's the same rhetoric.
    I've faith in you guys to tell him to fuck off.
    His egotistic persona doesn't really work well in Britain and the way he gets riled up at personal criticism is seen as weakness.

Deleted
    Hehe, no way the British will leave. Too afraid to miss out on all the financial benefits.

Germany and France will tell you what to do and you will like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be voting to leave, i honestly don't think our government would give us the choice if it would genuinely plunge us into the dark ages, there's a lot of fearmongering on both sides and while i do love our dear neighbours, they in particularly aren't being taken into my decision, but the thought of the tories without anyone to answer to is also quite worrying :/ decisions decisions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Hehe, no way the British will leave. Too afraid to miss out on all the financial benefits.

Germany and France will tell you what to do and you will like it!
    If there is one thing that you can guarantee will not happen if the UK stays, it would be us taking any notice of what Germany or France wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one thing that you can guarantee will not happen if the UK stays, it would be us taking any notice of what Germany or France wants.
    he's just bitter cause the dutch are everyone's bitch lol

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    i'll be voting to leave, i honestly don't think our government would give us the choice if it would genuinely plunge us into the dark ages
    It's more of a case that the tories offered it because they weren't sure that they were going to beat labour and so threw it in as an extra carrot because they knew that a: a lot of eurosceptic labour voters would consider 5 years of torys a worthwhile exchange for a say on EU membership, and B: because the majority of the UK would likely vote it down.

However many years later the mood has shifted somewhat and while Brexit is still the least popular option there isn't much in it and the stay campaign is being quite outgunned by the leave campaign.

Deleted
    he's just bitter cause the dutch are everyone's bitch lol
    It's true, my country constantly bends over.
    We are too small and our influence is next to zero these days

On the other hand, constantly agreeing with our big neighbours is what always kept us economically strong and wealthy.
    The Dutch people are tired of it though, as will be shown in the next election.

10+ Year Old Account

On the other hand, constantly agreeing with our big neighbours is what always kept us economically strong and wealthy.
    I was making a joke in good fun though.

Deleted
    I was making a joke in good fun though.
    Oh well, it was spot on though

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, it was spot on though
    in that case I am sorry.

10+ Year Old Account

I am surprised the Dutch don't align themselves with the UK in the EU, both are historically great trading nations with a global outlook.

Deleted
    I am surprised the Dutch don't align themselves with the UK in the EU, both are historically great trading nations with a global outlook.
    We kinda do though. Both our PM's do often support each other in Brussel.

Thing for us is though, we are VERY dependant on Germany for our export, so we have to please them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    i'll be voting to leave, i honestly don't think our government would give us the choice if it would genuinely plunge us into the dark ages
    That is a dangerous attitude. History proves it false.