Question! Tabards Account-Wide (Do you need REP to transmog?)

With Tabards becoming account-wide in Legion, do you need to get exalted on that character to transmogrify to it? Has any of you been able to check? ^_^

Can check when they will make us able copy our characters to beta.

Brb while I farm frigging Mag'har rep to confirm

I guess so. AFAIK, you still need to be able to use the item in order to transmog it, as such the rep requirements would still prevent you to transmog a tabard in a character that has not enought reputation to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I guess so. AFAIK, you still need to be able to use the item in order to transmog it, as such the rep requirements would still prevent you to transmog a tabard in a character that has not enought reputation to wear it.
    There goes my hope for using the Argent Crusader's tabard port on all of my alts.

This would be easier to test if they let us copy character at some point, in addition to a lot of other wardrobe stuff.
    Will see if there are any realistic reputations to grind out quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    There goes my hope for using the Argent Crusader's tabard port on all of my alts.
    the engineering teleports become toys, and still require engineering so that's how it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the engineering teleports become toys, and still require engineering so that's how it should work.
    Have any toys actually held onto a reputation requirement in the collection ?
    I think it will require testing to confirm one way or another.
    The profession requirement is very different, and a separate requirement to reputation.
    There could be a profession requirement on say engineering goggles for example in transmog.
    In addition to possible profession requirements on other crafted armor or weapon most likely if they are BoP and currently require the profession to be equipped.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-16 at 11:28 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Well, one thing is, mounts that had rep requirements aren't needed on others. So, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Argent Crusader's Tabard doesn't have a reputation requirement and never has. So yes you can use it on your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Have any toys actually held onto a reputation requirement in the collection ?
    I think it will require testing to confirm one way or another.
    The profession requirement is very different, and a separate requirement to reputation.
    There could be a profession requirement on say engineering goggles for example in transmog.
    In addition to possible profession requirements on other crafted armor or weapon most likely if they are BoP and currently require the profession to be equipped.
    There are several toys with rep requirements to use even after you add them, the Timbermaw one for example

Quote Originally Posted by chalon9 View Post
    There are several toys with rep requirements to use even after you add them, the Timbermaw one for example
    Nope.
    That is a trinket, and not a toy.
    Therefore being limited to the character that earned said reputation requirement it isn't an issue.
    The issue is whether a toy available to other characters which has a reputation requirement to purchase or add will maintain that requirement once in the toybox.
    Profession requirements can still apply but I do not recall any for reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Argent Crusader's Tabard doesn't have a reputation requirement and never has. So yes you can use it on your alts.
    Does the tabard feature grant you the on-use or passive effects or purely the armor appearance.
    I think that tabard will be a good way of testing that.

The heirloom collection grants you a duplicate of the item, so full functionality.
    But they never had any requirements to equip beyond proficiency.

Given the dalaran issues, then I think going out to grind reputations will be a more productive use of the time.
    At least it will be answering some questions.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-17 at 11:40 AM.

Can you transmog Footman's Longsword even if you are not honored but unlocked it with a honored char? This is somehow easy to test now since you can get honored in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Can you transmog Footman's Longsword even if you are not honored but unlocked it with a honored char? This is somehow easy to test now since you can get honored in 10 minutes.
    You are not going to like the answer i'm afraid.

Warrior earned the reputation, and purchased from vendor.
    Appearance added to collection.
    Logged onto warlock to be greeted with this.

That I suspect settles the Tabard question, unless blizzard can be convinced otherwise.

Some reputation certainly will come on each character if you are farming that content for that character's proficiency.
    However it will be disappointing for those that overlap a lot, particularly if the same armor proficiency.

Though given the past single-character nature of such items in the old system, and the continuation of that then I think this is the way it is meant to be and won't change.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-17 at 08:04 PM.

You are not going to like the answer i'm afraid.

Warrior earned the reputation, and purchased from vendor.
    Appearance added to collection.
    Logged onto warlock to be greeted with this.

That I suspect settles the Tabard question, unless blizzard can be convinced otherwise.

Some reputation certainly will come on each character if you are farming that content for that character's proficiency.
    However it will be disappointing for those that overlap a lot, particularly if the same armor proficiency.

Though given the past single-character nature of such items in the old system, and the continuation of that then I think this is the way it is meant to be and won't change.
    If you ask me, having the reputation needed for alts is not that good, since I can just get the item on the alt then, but ok
    Thank you for the test!

Nope.
    That is a trinket, and not a toy.
    Therefore being limited to the character that earned said reputation requirement it isn't an issue.
    The issue is whether a toy available to other characters which has a reputation requirement to purchase or add will maintain that requirement once in the toybox.
    Profession requirements can still apply but I do not recall any for reputation.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=66888/stave-of-fur-and-claw

It is not a trinket, it's a toy that goes in the toy box and it does indeed keep the reputation requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyron View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=66888/stave-of-fur-and-claw

It is not a trinket, it's a toy that goes in the toy box and it does indeed keep the reputation requirement.
    My mistake, I thought you meant the quest reward at the end.
    Though that does confirm what I just saw with the sword, that reputation can apply to collection items.

That does seem contrary to mounts and pets though, which only seems to have faction, profession or seasonal requirements.
    Maybe that difference can be brought up if anyone wishes to discuss with blizzard about changing that.

Mixed about that, but they should apply it to everything though. I have two toons exalted with the Netherwing people, but I probably have 5-6 toons that use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Unless I'm mistaken the Lorewalkers in MoP has a tabard for sale and that rep is really fast to get to exalted.