Deleted

Where did WoW subscription exempts go?

Perhaps nobody really cares but it feels huge to me now when i look back that Blizzard actually did something like that

I was looking through my Subscription Payment history and thought back to the lovely times when i enjoyed playing WoW

I have never really given the 1-day exempts much thought but now i realized: "Wow, what a big thing to do Blizzard!".
    I mean you got free game-time.

My history goes all the way back to 2nd september 2005 and sometimes i got up to 4 free Subscription days.

my account is since EU opened, i have a total of 34 day exempts. i believe in the beginning if u bought a game card u would always get free days.

Deleted
    Can you see the picture? It also shows that i got free days with a credit card.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it probably got to the point that it became more hassle than it was worth. Trying to figure out what should/shouldn't be considered for a free day that the vast majority of people would never even notice, probably isn't the best use of someone's time.

those free days where when maintenance took over 14 hours after they got newer hardware and fixed alot of stuff they lowered the time to almost nothing now and stopped doing it

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    Perhaps nobody really cares but it feels huge to me now when i look back that Blizzard actually did something like that

I was looking through my Subscription Payment history and thought back to the lovely times when i enjoyed playing WoW

I have never really given the 1-day exempts much thought but now i realized: "Wow, what a big thing to do Blizzard!".
    I mean you got free game-time.

My history goes all the way back to 2nd september 2005 and sometimes i got up to 4 free Subscription days.
    Back in the days you actually had buggy crap that totally stopped your ability to play for even days. Exempts were only fair to compensate those times. Nowadays anything that could actually stop you from playing gets fixed very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like this?

I received 4 days exempt quite recently, so they clearly still exist. I don't even know why I received it, but who am I to complain about free game time

Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Ulminia View Post
    those free days where when maintenance took over 14 hours after they got newer hardware and fixed alot of stuff they lowered the time to almost nothing now and stopped doing it
    Yep I remember those maintenance tuesdays