10+ Year Old Account

Comparable Specs to Ele

Hi all.

I've been playing Ele a lot for a few months now (mostly just fun stuff/day-to-day) and I'm about to start leveling a yet-to-be-determined class with some Destiny bros, and I'd like something similar to Ele in play style. I like having fewer buttons, but some procs. Any recommendations? I'd like to try out a pure dps class, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Cuthburt; 2016-05-15 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mage, hunter, or warlock.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are no specs that compare to Ele, sorry : P ... though if you're looking for less buttons, MM hunter is win.

I found Destro (non-charred remains spec) subjectively felt very similar in single target to elesham. It actually put me off destro pretty hard. In AoE and cleave they vary greatly.

Deleted
    been playing fire mage since we stopped raiding so hard and I'm finding it a lot similar with the spikes of aoe but just way more fun in general. avoiding arcane and frost like the plague though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifedoom View Post
    been playing fire mage since we stopped raiding so hard and I'm finding it a lot similar with the spikes of aoe but just way more fun in general. avoiding arcane and frost like the plague though.
    Lol try arcane PVP that you will find fun as all hell :P (Build up 4 stacks and get ready for massive damage numbers XD)

Destro is probably the most Similar to Elemental but unfortunatly Elementals single target is not as good. AOE is good for long phases. Every other class has better burst AOE.

As an Ele main, I have always felt that Balance Druid had a similar vibe. Shadow priest is another you might like, and I don't see it mentioned here.

Having those off heals as a dps spec is great.

I agree on the Destruction Warlock. I find it feels quite similar to Elemental in that you maintain a DoT (Immolate), have a filler (Incinerate), one spell when off CD (Conflagrate), and another when "charged" (Chaos Bolt).
    It's not identical of course, there are some minor differences in mechanics, but it lines up pretty well with Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, and Earth Shock Fulmination, respectively.

Destruction has a few more mechanics with Havoc, Fire & Brimstone, and Shadowburn, along with the Ember resource in addition to mana, but I think you'd get the hang of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    As an Ele main, I have always felt that Balance Druid had a similar vibe. Shadow priest is another you might like, and I don't see it mentioned here.

Having those off heals as a dps spec is great.
    AFAIK, Legion Ele and Balance are carbon copies of eachother.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2016-05-18 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    I love your signature! Okey dokey

Deleted
    Try Frost Mage - you're going to love it. Its like Elemental, but with everything you ever wished for.

(Legion Beta Pov)
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-05-18 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Try Frost Mage - you're going to love it. Its like Elemental, but with everything you ever wished for.
    I partially agree with this - only without the mage class trinket and HFC tier bonuses (and thats not a viable way to play if you plan on raiding above normal)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    I partially agree with this - only without the mage class trinket and HFC tier bonuses (and thats not a viable way to play if you plan on raiding above normal)
    Note that I'm talking from a Legion Beta PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

(Legion Beta Pov)
    Does Frost feel similar to the way it does on live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Does Frost feel similar to the way it does on live?
    Some spells are smiliar, but thats it really. You can spec out of Water Elemental and Frost Bomb if you wish, there's a proc which resets Frozen Orb CD (you can have multiple up at once), Ebonbolt adds a hard hitting 45sec CD ability with a 2,5s cast time to the list of abilities. And man Glacial Spike is fun and justificating to use, even for the long cast time.

What I hate compared to all other classes:

Every mage spec has Cauterize, Ice Floes and Ice Barrier - like whats the fuck (nice class fantasy right over here - double standards). Cauterize is OP as fuck with the additional 150% speed increase when it procs, Arcane Mage has Blink in addition to Displacement (on top of Ice Floes).
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-05-18 at 08:00 PM.

I've played Frost on beta and had a LOT of fun; however I'm weary of them balancing the mage specs. I can get away with just playing Elemental now because the other 2 specs are melee dps and healer, both very different. However pure dps are universally expected to play all 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    I've played Frost on beta and had a LOT of fun; however I'm weary of them balancing the mage specs. I can get away with just playing Elemental now because the other 2 specs are melee dps and healer, both very different. However pure dps are universally expected to play all 3 specs.
    That's likely to change in Legion with artifact power, your offspec artifact will always be behind during progression and unlocking your main spec artifact already will take a great deal of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    It's not like Mage is very hard to play either. Every spec has 3-6 buttons plus 1-2 dog CDs depending on talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    There are no specs that compare to Ele, sorry : P ... though if you're looking for less buttons, MM hunter is win.
    Destro and Boomkin are very close to ele.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    AFAIK, Legion Ele and Balance are carbon copies of eachother.
    Yep. /10 chars
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G