Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really do agree. When you step back, you get to enjoy the little things.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh for sure but they do need to pull their heads out of their arses. They've said themselves it is inexcusable.
    Sure, sure. Not defending Blizzard on this at all.
    I really hope they handle this better next time.
    It does not bother me that much though, I have other stuff to do and I got my money's worth out of WoD (despite WoD being a rather lackluster expantion) long befor we got stuck in this "content drought". You can just unsub after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mate, a link for that?
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legion-wardrobe

There you go. There is also a thread in these forum about said addon:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...egion-Wardrobe

Basically, it lets you know which appeareances you have unlocked based on what you have in your bags and the quests you have completed, allowing you to sell duplicates, etc..

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's bound to be people that don't mind. That doesn't really justify it though.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    One of our raiders named his Khaliflower..I die a little inside every time I see it.
    Naaw, that is so sweet! Lucky you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should stop complaining and enjoy whatever is offered to us. Everyone is free to give money to who they like, and to chose how to have an interesting life. It's not like there are not enough games or content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Young and dumb with not much else to do.
    The demographic here in a nutshell.

Good post overall.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    So what I realized overtime, since I've stopped organized raiding (mythic), I've became a lot more satisfied with the game. I know this will sound stupid to most of the people, but since I don't raid on certain days, at certain times, and I just join some OpenRaid pugs from time to time, and spend other ingame time to have fun with alts, run old raids for mounts, do unfinished achievements, etc.
    you are not alone with this feeling thats for sure i feel exackly the same - game is much much more fun sinc i dont schedule my play. atm i cant even imagine ever again to raid 3-4 nights on schedule like i did for a couple of years.

The thing is looking back at the expansions (Let's for arguments sake consider WoD an anomoly for now.) the content drought can be easily fixed withough really hurting dev time on the next expansion. All they at blizzard need to do is well. Have the patches spread out a little longer. A month or two each (Ulduar and Firelands were criminally short). By doing that you shorten the final tier by a consideral amount.

Will it be longer than the first two tiers? Sure, I persoanlly think the Final tier should be a month longer, maybe two since it's the end of that chapter in warcraft. BUT 10 months to over a year? Hell no, that's way too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legion-wardrobe

There you go. There is also a thread in these forum about said addon:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...egion-Wardrobe

Basically, it lets you know which appeareances you have unlocked based on what you have in your bags and the quests you have completed, allowing you to sell duplicates, etc..
    Gonna have a sniff around at that then!

End of this topic for me then!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Well the thing is... when you stepped back in let's say the first drought in t10, then again t13, t16 und now one again... The little things become a drought itself :P

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Why? I don't get the reference, something about wiz or?

I guess you are not a achievement whore then

Basically this, there is a lot of things to do if you want to do them. And if you don't you will feel the drought probably.
    Oh, I am. Or was, IDK. I had 10k in wrath, quit for all of cata and mop and now have 18000. I just don't need to have them all, its one thing in console games, its another when there are 2500+ individual achievements with a shitty UI system.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.
    As long as one is being sensible and not paying for it, it's easier to just accept it. I don't like the content droughts either, especially this one since non-raid content was lacking in interest, but they happen.

If it continues then I'll unsubscribe for the duration. There are other games. Many in fact. After unsubscribing a few months ago from Warlords I find myself in about the same place as GC's comments in the latest news post. WoW doesn't need to try to be my only game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Woah, careful you don't cut yourself on that edge. But seriously though, the logic isn't hard.

A company is allowed to have these long periods of absolutely no content because it takes time to make content. And I am able to cope with this reality because I have more things in my life than just WoW and I am not using it to try and fill all my time. Also, you know, patience is a virtue.
    The point is (I can't believe I need to say this), that the droughts leave players who want to play and who want to give Blizzard money with little or nothing to do and certainly nothing new to do. These aren't people who want to stop playing - they like playing and would like to have new things to do.

Yes, it takes time to make new content. Many companies deal with this by splitting off some people to do current patch content and the rest to do the new expansion (and financially that's an easy case to make).

Yes, players can simply not sub - but see point #1... you're telling people who like the game and want to play to stop because the company can't put out anything new for a year or more.

Yes people can do older stuff... but many of us have seen multiple droughts which means we've had literally years of downtime. And if we've played for a long time we saw the old content when it was new content.

OP is less bothered because all of the stuff that he or she wasn't doing due to raiding is relatively new to them. in a sense, for OP, the drought started when they stopped raiding so it's not 14 months long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As long as one is being sensible and not paying for it, it's easier to just accept it. I don't like the content droughts either, especially this one since non-raid content was lacking in interest, but they happen.

If it continues then I'll unsubscribe for the duration. There are other games. Many in fact. After unsubscribing a few months ago from Warlords I find myself in about the same place as GC's comments in the latest news post. WoW doesn't need to try to be my only game.
    Again, this is a perfectly reasonable thing for individual players to do (it's what I've done too) but it's mystifying for a company to basically tell its customers "No, we're not going to keep giving you stuff to do. If you want to unsub, go ahead."

As I've shown elsewhere, if they retained a mere 100k subs for an extra 6 months they have $9m more which easily funds a team of 30-50 people. Make that the patch content team, rotate people each expansion. Not a hard business case to make.

This is what I do now:

Best medicine against content drought...
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-16 at 08:45 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.

You fanboys have the strangest logic.
    You should try some logic, just about any logic would do...
    Company "is allowed" to do what ever the fuck they want to do with their products. Blizzard is not state owned and is not there to "serve the people".
    If you don't like it - take your money elsewhere. That's your choice. With WoD it wasn't even very hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    How can you NOT love Singing Sunflower!? That is the most adorable thing in the game! I have three of them and it's sooo cute when they walk around in my garrison. Just.. naaaaw <3 (I'm not insane!) Though in fairness I'm actually not that into pets and pet battles.

[IMG]
    You have completed many things though, I'll give you that

I'm slightly bothered by the content drought, and being more of a solo oritentated player, I'm looking forward to Legion's heavier focus on non-raiding and open world quests to do. I'm not a collector (just don't have the intestest), so I'm doing little projects every now and then to keep my interest in the game.

For instance, I leveled a hunter, and I gathered a lot of materials and stuff to provide it with 705 gun, 715 cloak + ring at lvl 91. Got it to 100, and now it's meh. These days I'm doing Ashran/BGs with a mage and gearing it
    As an avid pet battler, I now hate seeing the sunflower. It means my opponent has a Heal-based team, which means that even if I win it'll probably be 40+ turns in the match, and it'll be super boring. Sunlight and Wish on a single team is the dumbest thing to continue to exist going into Legion pet battling.. since they are nerfing most of the current annoyances (Graves/Howl Bomb/Shell Armor/Cleave/Undead Racial) - actually really good direction for pet battlers in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Been there, done that. Used to work the late shift, would come home and the raid would start almost immediately and go into the small hours (fucking timezones, man). And on off nights I was spending most of my time farming stuff to either make consumables or trade to the guild bank for consumables. My life felt consumed.
    Don't let the game run your life? I have a friend who does mythic raiding, plays with a large group on eve that does lots of battles, and is going to college...

Just because you either cant manage your time well or you let the game consume you doesn't mean others should have to deal with the content droughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Again, this is a perfectly reasonable thing for individual players to do (it's what I've done too) but it's mystifying for a company to basically tell its customers "No, we're not going to keep giving you stuff to do. If you want to unsub, go ahead."

As I've shown elsewhere, if they retained a mere 100k subs for an extra 6 months they have $9m more which easily funds a team of 30-50 people. Make that the patch content team, rotate people each expansion. Not a hard business case to make.
    It's a mystery to be sure. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to observe that patch release seems to be hooked up very closely with raid tiers and when the last one is done they are as well with that expansion. Why they have never made provisions for release of post-tier world content that would begin the story of the next expansion is another mystery. They have convinced themselves that world content is too quickly consumed and that raids are the sun around which the rest of the world orbits. Something like a 5.1 that looks forward to the next story and is released after the final tier is out is one of those head-scratchers. Four months of something like that and two or three months of a pre-patch seems like something that could be allowed for.

I'm sure it's just in the designer's culture. I do think that, Legion aside, they've gotten into a rut with expansion design. They make episodes instead of continuing stories to put it in television terms.

Nonetheless, it's completely on them.

If GW2, Rift, or single-player games are going to be the off-season for WoW then fine. I'm not trying to minimize the effort required to make post-tier content but I don't believe that they even plan anything of that nature so OK. Again, that's their problem and at this point I refuse to make it mine.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-16 at 09:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a mystery to be sure. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to observe that patch release seems to be hooked up very closely with raid tiers and when the last one is done they are as well with that expansion. Why they have never made provisions for release of post-tier world content that would begin the story of the next expansion is another mystery. They have convinced themselves that world content is too quickly consumed and that raids are the sun around which the rest of the world orbits. Something like a 5.1 that looks forward to the next story and is released after the final tier is out is one of those head-scratchers. Four months of something like that and two or three months of a pre-patch seems like something that could be allowed for.

I'm sure it's just in the designer's culture. I do think that, Legion aside, they've gotten into a rut with expansion design.

Nonetheless, it's completely on them.

If GW2, Rift, or single-player games are going to be the off-season for WoW then fine. I'm not trying to minimize the effort required but I'm not sure I believe that they even plan anything of that nature so OK. Again, that's their problem and at this point I refuse to make it mine.
    To be fair raids have to be the end all be all. Their customers demand it. Every player wants to be a raider. Each of them long for the title and they purse it and its rewards without pause. I would enjoy going back to a time when players were happy with dungeons but those days are gone,

Now its everything needs to die in one pull. I want full epics as good as mythic raid gear and if I don't get tier I am going to hold my breath and bang my head on the floor till I pass out!

We have fallen so,so far since tbc its saddening. The average wow player today lacks the skills and ability to level to 30 if the game went back to how it was. Ah well nothing gold can stay.