Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Lol so many butthurt WoW drones in this thread, the salt is real.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But we CAN expect Blizzard to hire and task people to make content while the next expansion is being done so that we don't have 12-14 month gaps.
    I suppose next you'll argue that we CAN expect pigs to spontaneously grow wings and start flying.

I'm uninterested in what we can do as players because that's obvious. I'm saying that it's unconscionable in a sub game to have long gaps. From the perspective of the player you're asking them to do one of two things, neither of which is good - either quit or pay money for no new content.
    I am not asking them to do anything. I am telling you what the reality is and that it is based on real world constraints and that what you can do is choose how to react to it. Making comments like "it's unconscionable in a sub game to have long gaps" just seems to me like someone is having trouble accepting the reality of life. You can't have everything you want all the time and just because a company like Blizzard is not able to give you what you want does not mean you have been wronged.

Yes. At least I can make the business case. Now, it might be that they feel they can't find enough qualified people to bring on. They might rather assign those people to other projects. But making the case is simple math - if they keep an additional 100k subs for 6 months at full price ($15) that's $9m gross revenue. That easily funds a team of 30-50 people even after taxes and other non-dev expenses. So, there's really no financial reason NOT to do this unless a) they don't care, b) they don't feel they'd retain those people or c) they can't find qualified people (in which case I'd want to interrogate their criteria).
    I never said the constraints were financial. It's almost certainly a case of c) and, no offense, but the way in you have made the above argument tells me that you lack the ability to critically interrogate their criteria. Hiring developers isn't like hiring shop assistants or cleaners and if you had any experience in the disciplines of software development or engineering this is something you'd know. Since it isn't something you know, the best I can suggest is to listen to people who do know.

You don't have to spend 12+ hours a day to consume content. I didn't (more like 1-4 with 4 being more toward the early part when I was leveling toons). However, that's all irrelevant. Unless you consciously don't play, you will still face a year+ period *with no new content*.
    So what? Just because they haven't added new content in a year does not preclude you from extracting value from the content that is already there. For many people, as shown in this thread, the existing content still has some mileage left in it. Which is not to say that everyone has to be able to find value in the old content. But if you can't, then it's time to suspend your subscription until there is new content again. Yes, yes, I realise this isn't exactly what you want but that is irrelevant. Blizzard can't give you what you want. You can choose to either accept it and figure out for yourself what to do with your time, or throw your proverbial toys out the cot and make yourself miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's almost certainly a case of c) and, no offense, but the way in you have made the above argument tells me that you lack the ability to critically interrogate their criteria.
    It's d) they have enough people, the problem is that they are making bad use of them. I mean, sure, great devs aren't exactly growing on trees, so every company is in constant search and need, but I doubt they have some special shortages.

Just in case, I agree to wait and see what Legion is going to be like, and if it's going to be big in terms of content, I will take back my "making bad use of them" above *even if I don't like that content*. I doubt that would happen though, it doesn't look nearly like it. I can name many things they are doing that will likely be a complete waste of efforts right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.
    You fanboys have the strangest logic.
    And this company does whatever the fuck it wants (and able) to do, regardless of what haters like you allow

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't mind the drought really because I'm pressed for time to play I don't think that Blizz has an excuse for back to back to back droughts.

It's shitty practice for a company.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis