Deleted

Cool Logitech G600 or G700s - grip style question

Hi,

I'm using a Logitech Anywhere MX 2 for general use, but I lack a gaming mouse. My current mouse works fine in WoW but lately the buttons have been failing me in-game, e.g. clicks not registering, etc. This only happens in-game, so I've decided to buy a gaming mouse (something I've been really stubborn about for a long time).

I only play MMOs so the G600 appeals to me for this reason, along with the button layout but the G700s could work equally as well. However, because I'm used to smaller mice, I use a hybrid of fingertip and claw grips. I use my ring finger and thumb to pick the mouse up (I rarely need to do this as the sensitivity on my mouse is pretty high). With a larger mouse I would be using a hybrid of palm and claw grip.

Taking both grip styles into account, which one would you go for? G600 or G700s?

TIA
    Last edited by mmocf07fadb21d; 2016-05-16 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a G700, which is the predecessor to the G700s and pretty much the same thing as far as form factor goes. I can tell you that it is a fairly heavy mouse with batteries in it, so unless you plan to use it in wired mode and without batteries (which defeats the purpose of it being a wireless mouse to begin with), then it may be difficult for you to use it with that grip as far as lifting the mouse goes. I use a palm grip and I find the shape and weight of the mouse to be perfect for that style of grip.

I have not used the G600, so I cannot comment on that.

I've got the G600 and have a similar grip to the one you're describing above and it's absolutely fine. I'm not familiar with the G700s (just googled it) but the G600 seems better set up for MMOs. I literally couldn't live without the 12 thumb buttons now! It took a little while to get used to (I drew out the 12 buttons and wrote which spells I had allocated to them and stuck that to my monitor) but once I did it was a godsend. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Deleted
    Had to dig this out, saw it eons ago. Lore (ex GBTV) & now staff at Blizz` uses one & he plays claw style.

I know....30 minutes for a thing about mice, but it may help you

Personally, I swap how I hold. Normally palmed, but when I do play clawed, it still works fine.
    Software is bloody good too, beats what I had to use when used a Razer HEX.

Deleted
    Thanks guys. I've ordered the G600.