Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They pay a much lower tax rate than middle class
    Your effective tax rate depends on the income vs expenses balance.
    You might make 100k+ a year and still barely pay any taxes.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Don't forget huge, it's gonna be huge.
    yuge*. He's going to sit down with this plan and he's going to make a deal with it. That's what he does, he's the best deal maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hey, on the bright side, he knows how to change it.
    I'm still of the belief that Orlong is one of the most dedicated method actors in the world, working on a movie to be released well into the future about asinine conservatives in a post apocalyptic zombie world with dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    10 bucks on trump going to just letting the insurence companies take of it.
    Can't afford it? Well, tough shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It will only end if the Republicans can maintain control of the Senate and House. Also if Trump is elected. A tall order indeed. I know personally Obumbercare has caused my premiums increases to go up dramatically. Far out pacing inflation. This trend can not continue for a lot of people. Sure millions more have some insurance now than before. But millions others are paying for it and it is mainly the middle class who are. The rich do not care if their premiums triple this year.

And that is different from how it was before? the price increases is due to corporate GREED nothing more nothing less. i know Obamacare is shit since it depends on corporate GREED. What we need is a truly public healthcare system and get rid of the GREED.

But Obamacare is still tons better than anything the republicans and the far right wing extremists around here have ever suggested as a healthcare solution, does it make it good? no not really it is just better than something that is total fucking shit, like the GOP ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    It would make some good television though if the newly elected president got to fire the current president.
    Can't really be fired from a job you can't legally have... But I figured since people are putting their faith into a reality TV star, I'm sure the thumping base would enjoy the theatrics.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Honestly you are more likely to see an evolution of Medicare to some quasi single payer like programs than going back to the previous system. This would be a third rail issue to more voters than what people on this forum think. You can't take away a system where people finally get benefits and then swipe them away and thinking there would be little to no political repercussion.

Even then as a center left voter I figured this program was due to fail and if you ask many democrats they would say the same. At this point they have two option and that is either raise the fee to the point it's fiscally non viable and you are basically forced to buy insurance because it's cheaper or allocate more funding to credits. Either way we lose because we established essentially a monopoly and without rate control they can just keep propping up rates. I guess that's what you get when you take Romney old plan and try to pass it off as your own.

Shows you cant depend on GREED for common sense decision like affordable healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Isn't car insurance mandatory? I'm also pretty sure the government does limit what cars you can buy/drive, and you do get a fine or worse if you break those rules.
    aside from certain import restrictions on vehicles, I can't think what the government does to limit what vehicles I drive. I can build a custom vehicle from the ground up and as long as it meets certain road legality laws, like mirrors, lights, emissions and safety restraints, I can drive it on the street.

Your effective tax rate depends on the income vs expenses balance.
    You might make 100k+ a year and still barely pay any taxes.
    Barley http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Lets not forget, SS, Local taxes, state taxes, property taxes on your house and cars too, and taxes on shit you buy

Barley any taxes lol you must haver have filed your own taxes or make very much

10+ Year Old Account
    Barley http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Lets not forget, SS, Local taxes, state taxes, property taxes on your house and cars too, and taxes on shit you buy

Barley any taxes lol you must haver have filed your own taxes or make very much
    You have an income, and you have write offs.
    The more you can write off, the less taxable income is left.
    Or why do you think Romney paid only some 14% taxes?
    Expect Trumps effective tax rate to be somewhere in the single digit range.

Why you think Corporations effective tax rate is also in the 10s and not in the 30s percentage range.
    Sorry if you cannot write stuff off.
    And what you've linked is taxes you have to pay if you can't write anything off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because for some reason we treat investments as special and deserving of a lower tax rate than actually working for a living?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because for some reason we treat investments as special and deserving of a lower tax rate than actually working for a living?
    Exactly, that's one reason.
    Now what Romney does, and others, isn't exclusive to them. Everyone can ride that bus.
    Whether one can afford it or not, that's another story.

You have an income, and you have write offs.
    The more you can write off, the less taxable income is left.
    Expect Trumps effective tax rate to be somewhere in the single digit range.

Why you think Corporations effective tax rate is also in the 10s and not in the 30s percentage range.
    Sorry if you cannot write stuff off.
    And what you've linked is taxes you have to pay if you can't write anything off.
    Because he gave a shit of cash to charity, seriously try harder

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he gave a shit of cash to charity, seriously try harder
    you really don't get it, right?
    IF I have a chunk of money left at the end of the business year, I can dump it into some investment.
    You can buy a house with it, instead of giving it to Uncle Sam.

The holy principle of accounting is a whooping ZERO...

On the left side is your income, on the right side are your expenses.
    They work against each other. And the desired result is said 0.
    The closer you get to that, the better it is for you.
    Don't get to the 0, or even into a negative income, because that triggers a red flag and you likely get audited.

you really don't get it, right?
    IF I have a chunk of money left at the end of the business year, I can dump it into some investment.
    You can buy a house with it, instead of giving it to Uncle Sam.

The holy principle of accounting is a whooping ZERO...

On the left side is your income, on the right side are your expenses.
    They work against each other. And the desired result is said 0.
    The closer you get to that, the better it is for you.
    Don't get to the 0, or even into a negative income, because that triggers a red flag and you likely get audited.
    You don't get it do you, he paid 30% of his income into charity. Do you spend 30% of your income into charity?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get it do you, he paid 30% of his income into charity. Do you spend 30% of your income into charity?
    No, I put it into business investments like tools etc etc.
    The point still stands.... Accounting works.

Revenue
    Expenses -
    -------------
    taxable income

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend 13% into taxes, 11% into charity and another 15% into student loan debt. That automatically makes me better than Trump by your standards. Not that such a feat was difficult.

I know someone who was unable to work because they could not afford treatment for their injury. So they were getting disability cheques and being a stay at home dad. Obamacare allowed him to get fixed up and get back to work.

I am going to wait for republican master plan: MAKE AMERICA FAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I know someone who was unable to work because they could not afford treatment for their injury. So they were getting disability cheques and being a stay at home dad. Obamacare allowed him to get fixed up and get back to work.
    If you are on disability you get medicare which you don't have to pay for, so basically you have tax funded healthcare, how does buying over prices insurance let you afford to fix your disability, makes no damn sense
    Last edited by zenkai; 2016-05-16 at 03:57 PM.