Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What makes you think that building a wall on a coastline is even easier?
    It doesn't have to be that tall initially.

Technology is proven (see Netherlands):

That's what portion of Netherlands that would be under sea right now without dikes.

Sea level rise is fairly slow process, just do 1-feet wall then add another feet every decade or two. Absolute worse case scenario at the moment is ~1.95 meter sea rise by 2100, most likely theories go with 0.6-1.0 m rise, so, about six feet tall wall in 100 years.

For reference, Great Chinese Wall was built in 200 years with quite low technology level - and it was much taller.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-05-17 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Has he ever spoken on a subject which he has actual knowledge of? He just seems to wing it and keep talking in the hope that people don't notice he is spouting random crap, though to be fair it appears to work on a lot of them.
    I know eh, it's really baffling that he is still taken seriously by so many people.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

That's what portion of Netherlands that would be under sea right now without dikes.

Sea level rise is fairly slow process, just do 1-feet wall then add another feet every decade or two. Absolute worse case scenario at the moment is ~1.95 meter sea rise by 2100, most likely theories go with 0.6-1.0 m rise, so, about six feet tall wall in 100 years.

For reference, Great Chinese Wall was built in 200 years with quite low technology level - and it was much taller.
    Wildtree is fucking wack man. Pointless having a converastion with him. We have been building walls along coastlines for centuries im pretty sure. All he has to do is google Seawall and read for himself. But he would rather argue with nothingness.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, that´s not an answer to my question, but anyway, that´s not even how it works. You can´t just counter sea level rise and be done with it, you do know that there are things as waves and storms that produce even higher waves?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehalol View Post
    I would hate to be a simple minded american like you wishing death upon others.
    Every word in this sentence is wrong and inaccurate. Get lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me more about how cows are so dangerous to the environment. Please go read more facebook animal hugger posts.

It was one tiny example to fit your tiny brain. Your chart is so inaccurate hahah. So you actually do agree that these are man-made causes for methane. You just contradicted yourself with your Netanyahu inspired chart. Good job idiot. Now like I said, get lost.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-17 at 02:35 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Every word in this sentence is wrong and inaccurate. Get lost.

- - - Updated - - -

It was one tiny example to fit your tiny brain. Your chart is so inaccurate hahah. So you actually do agree that these are man-made causes for methane. You just contradicted yourself with your Netanyahu inspired chart. Good job idiot. Now like I said, get lost.

actually the chart is straight from nasa......http://icp.giss.nasa.gov/education/m...tro/cycle.html

and my point was cows are the least of our concern.... so shall you "get lost" with all this cow mumbo jumbo and let me get back to eating my steaks

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ok, that´s not an answer to my question, but anyway, that´s not even how it works. You can´t just counter sea level rise and be done with it, you do know that there are things as waves and storms that produce even higher waves?
    Waves and storms are happening right now as well.

You just add those expectations to height required; you might even save money from flooding damage over decades if you get the height right despite all wall expenses!

...guessing wrong (and putting emergency power where it can be flooded/disrupted by hurricane if you guessed wrong) leads to Fukushima/New Orleans though.

So, better safe then sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    The President of the United States needs to have a basic understanding of scientific theory and scientific processes. They're responsible for endorsing environmental policy. Setting policy for agencies like the EPA, CDC, and NASA. They're responsible for responding quickly to outbreaks of contagious disease. Creating councils on science and technology.

Having at least a basic understanding of science is absolutely paramount for the POTUS. And it's abundantly clear that Trump does not possess a basic understanding. In fact many 3rd grade children possess a better capability than he. It would be incredibly damaging if he were elected President.
    Eat yo vegetables

actually the chart is straight from nasa......http://icp.giss.nasa.gov/education/m...tro/cycle.html

and my point was cows are the least of our concern.... so shall you "get lost" with all this cow mumbo jumbo and let me get back to eating my steaks
    You didn't get the whole picture, but I get it your intelligence is limited. I eat everything too. But instead of eating McDonalds like you probably would I buy my meat from the local butcher who treats his cows in a humane way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    OH MY GOD! Can we please STOP already? It's NOT going to be a mother-fucking "landslide." Good God.

It's going to be close. It's going to be like Romney vs Obama or closer, and no one is going to know who the fuck is going to win till the last hour.

So stop, everyone stop. Hillary, Trump, everyone, there is not going to be a landslide.
    It is going to be a landslide for Hillary. She'll end up with a few million votes and +- 100 electoral votes.

Enteric Fermentation is cow farts in laymans terms. That's the second highest contributor. Add in animal waste and it's the highest anthropogenic contributor on that graph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post

I like the last part of the video, its like he has become self aware
    does that man's mouth actually connect to his brain in anyway? becuase there is no evidence of it. How can someone just spout so much bullshit so often. Whats the point of even refuting it, just take everything he says and file it under "too ridiculous to require a response, life is to short to waste time on that job" and move on.

10+ Year Old Account

Florida (some parts, incl major cities) is sinking.
    That's also a problem New Orleans/Indiana has to deal with.
    In case of NO, the city is sinking at a rate of 0.25 inch per year.
    This adds up, and the seawall will eventually be too low again. Means it has to be constantly maintained. Eats up a lot of money.
    Further more, you cannot properly compare the Netherlands with the like of the Gulf of Mexico and the US East coast. Gotta add the West coast to it too though. NL does not (for now at least) have to deal with those very destructive hurricanes the US gets.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hur...-walls-n415816

Generally speaking now, even neglecting any climate change impact.
    The weather we have in Europe, incl all severe weather. It's child's play vs the extreme weather that goes on in the US, in the Americas.
    Everything's bigger in America.. That is definitely true for severe weathers.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-17 at 11:14 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I know eh, it's really baffling that he is still taken seriously by so many people.
    More so as time goes on.

That man seems to become even mores stupid as time goes by. Maybe he suffers from some sort of deteriorating mental illness?

People that are unwilling to even look at proof should not be allowed to lead a country.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    There just read it. Inform yourself.
    43% of people in the US believe that the Earth is 6000 years old, don't kid yourself that informing people is that easy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he won't have to build a wall around Earth? Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    haha what is he talking about, shooting eagles in california, it's just weather, crazy stuff

He has such confidence talking around topics he clearly has no clue about, and we all know that is truly the #1 presidential quality

Deleted

Least of our concern? 21% is not a concern? A source producing the amount roughly equal to 2/3 of ALL natural production is not a concern? You're either disingenous or didn't pay attention to your own chart. 5% comes from cow shit. 16% comes from cow fart. 5+16=21%. Clearer now?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The President of the United States needs to have a basic understanding of scientific theory and scientific processes. They're responsible for endorsing environmental policy. Setting policy for agencies like the EPA, CDC, and NASA. They're responsible for responding quickly to outbreaks of contagious disease. Creating councils on science and technology.

Having at least a basic understanding of science is absolutely paramount for the POTUS. And it's abundantly clear that Trump does not possess a basic understanding. In fact many 3rd grade children possess a better capability than he. It would be incredibly damaging if he were elected President.
    And it would be incredibly stupid to try to do those yourself. There is a reason a President has advisors and cabinet appointees, etc. :P Obama I feel has no working knowledge of military tactics. Which is the reason he relies on his generals or should.